Trevor Darling

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sort of a confirmation of some of our problems the last several years. Two senior, four year starters on the offensive line and they don't get drafted.
Agreed.

They were both on the left side of the line. Ironically enough, Notre Lame's left side of the line, both were high first round picks, and yet we had a sophomore and true freshman to embarrass the living **** out of them.

Sort of a confirmation of some of our problems the last several years. Two senior, four year starters on the offensive line and they don't get drafted.

And when you look at spring practice and realize we are still ****ed on the OL it makes it even sadder. We need(ed) a major talent overhaul of that unit which is underway but going to take some time.

Advertisement
Darling was absolutely horrendous last year, idk if he was injured or just out of shape, but he had a bad Spring, Fall & regular season. He played well in a few games last year, but that's about it.

Really regressed from being a 4-star coming out of Central, I hope he gets a shot in the league, but it goes to show all the stars in the world don't mean sh*t if you don't put the work in.

Richt complained about the size of the oline since day 1. Anyway Richt just signed one of the biggest offensive tackles in the country from IMG academy, dude is a straight beast. Check him out

I feel bad for guys like him, Tracy Howard and Luther Robinson, guys had so much promise but our program was run like such a cluster just really hurt talents like these young men

Darling has always been awful, I hope he has set himself up for success outside of football

Advertisement
Darling has always been awful, I hope he has set himself up for success outside of football

Agree. Perfect case of him just being the biggest kid on the field in HS and was able to half a$$ his way to a 4* ranking. But just didn't have the drive or "want to" to succeed at the major college ball level.

Very disappointing OL class that turned out to be. Remember at one point during the recruiting cycle we had McDermott, Darling, Reilly Gibbons, NLinder and they were trying to convince Cory Martinez to join them. 4 complete busts and one underachiever. (McDermott)

That said, I hope McDerm gets on with the Jags as I know BLinder will take him under his wing. Seems like McDerm has the will and enough talent just needs the right situation and guidance.

Not only that but they were both highly rated prospects coming out of HS. Kind of surprise - long time vets, talented kids, didn't get drafted.

Advertisement

He has, but he never got the benefit of redshirting and getting stronger like we are allowing players to do now. Also, had to play almost every position because of crappy recruiting by golden and kehoe. Young man had offers everywhere but choose to stay home, I respect him for that.

He has, but he never got the benefit of redshirting and getting stronger like we are allowing players to do now. Also, had to play almost every position because of crappy recruiting by golden and kehoe. Young man had offers everywhere but choose to stay home, I respect him for that.

Shouldn't he have gotten stronger by his senior year? Guys don't just lift during redshirt years.

Advertisement
Back