Trevonte Citizen injury considered serious [Sep 23 - *may* return this year]

The black actor has been unjustly typecasted throughout the majority of time of Hollywood. Though, there have been ceiling breakers throughout history Sidney

My family were Italian born immigrants who came to this country right before WW 2 and I’m in no way comparing the plight of the immigrant to, injustices suffered (in the South in some places today) since civil rights reforms. But in regards to Hollywood since the start of filmmaking in America and really to this day aside from Sylvester Stallone. Most Italians are portrayed as gangsters, comedic

The majority of early Hollywood films were written, directed, and produced by Anglo-Americans and often reflected the anti-immigrant sentiments of the era. Anglo actors were typically cast to play Italian and Italian American characters who appeared on screen as overly emotional, intellectually inferior, and incapable of becoming mainstream “Americans.”

Italian American actors, like African Americans and other ethnic actors, were relegated to small, caricatural parts, such as organ grinders, butchers, and barbers. Gino Corrado and Henry Armetta were two such character actors who were cast in hundreds of films to depict Italians in a comical, yet stereotypical, light.

Black today actors today led by of course the GOD of actors Mr. D Washington himself, can portray as many varied roles (still not in numbers) as all cultures.

The problem resides at the top. The same white faces own the studios, who choose the movies, and the directors (still a significant % drop for minority/women directors) on major projects.

Despite whether “your” company is Uber woke or on the conservative side. The majority of them a still run by white men. The question is do you believe democrats who have promised black people change for the last 40 plus years? Or is the proof more in the fact that they have changed (making sure they get $ for themselves; as many politicians do). But democrats love to provide us with this helping Utopian Society, but as inflation has proven. Eventually someone has to pay for it. A solid nuclear home and better education are the best options to move your family out of poverty (my family falls in this bracket). I’m not sure liberals stance on it because it’s constantly the empowerment of the single mother but though conservatives praise a strong single mother, they preach the importance of the father figure as a staple in the child’s life if not in the home. Secondly, your democrats are owned by the teacher’s unions, which was evident by the amount of time wasted out of school and the serious decreases our children lost. What conservatives want is school choice. Allowing parents the best school for their child in their area. Whether that be magnet, charter or public. Democrats don’t want this because the majority of the teachers with the unions work at public schools and get paid well (more so administrators) whether there school is failing or not.

I’ll stop preaching to the choir. I’m an independent and vote on policies not mascots. I voted Obama twice, rolled the dice with Trump over Hilary, and policy wise he is ahead of snooze fest Biden. Who is single handed pushing this country over the edge. Actually because I believe he is seriously suffering from some progressive mental illness (Dementia, Alzheimer, or something) his administration is plummeting America to the weakest it’s been in 40 years and beyond.

Anglo-Americans run Hollywood???? LMFAO

Advertisement
The black actor has been unjustly typecasted throughout the majority of time of Hollywood. Though, there have been ceiling breakers throughout history Sidney

My family were Italian born immigrants who came to this country right before WW 2 and I’m in no way comparing the plight of the immigrant to, injustices suffered (in the South in some places today) since civil rights reforms. But in regards to Hollywood since the start of filmmaking in America and really to this day aside from Sylvester Stallone. Most Italians are portrayed as gangsters, comedic

The majority of early Hollywood films were written, directed, and produced by Anglo-Americans and often reflected the anti-immigrant sentiments of the era. Anglo actors were typically cast to play Italian and Italian American characters who appeared on screen as overly emotional, intellectually inferior, and incapable of becoming mainstream “Americans.”

Italian American actors, like African Americans and other ethnic actors, were relegated to small, caricatural parts, such as organ grinders, butchers, and barbers. Gino Corrado and Henry Armetta were two such character actors who were cast in hundreds of films to depict Italians in a comical, yet stereotypical, light.

Black today actors today led by of course the GOD of actors Mr. D Washington himself, can portray as many varied roles (still not in numbers) as all cultures.

The problem resides at the top. The same white faces own the studios, who choose the movies, and the directors (still a significant % drop for minority/women directors) on major projects.

Despite whether “your” company is Uber woke or on the conservative side. The majority of them a still run by white men. The question is do you believe democrats who have promised black people change for the last 40 plus years? Or is the proof more in the fact that they have changed (making sure they get $ for themselves; as many politicians do). But democrats love to provide us with this helping Utopian Society, but as inflation has proven. Eventually someone has to pay for it. A solid nuclear home and better education are the best options to move your family out of poverty (my family falls in this bracket). I’m not sure liberals stance on it because it’s constantly the empowerment of the single mother but though conservatives praise a strong single mother, they preach the importance of the father figure as a staple in the child’s life if not in the home. Secondly, your democrats are owned by the teacher’s unions, which was evident by the amount of time wasted out of school and the serious decreases our children lost. What conservatives want is school choice. Allowing parents the best school for their child in their area. Whether that be magnet, charter or public. Democrats don’t want this because the majority of the teachers with the unions work at public schools and get paid well (more so administrators) whether there school is failing or not.

I’ll stop preaching to the choir. I’m an independent and vote on policies not mascots. I voted Obama twice, rolled the dice with Trump over Hilary, and policy wise he is ahead of snooze fest Biden. Who is single handed pushing this country over the edge. Actually because I believe he is seriously suffering from some progressive mental illness (Dementia, Alzheimer, or something) his administration is plummeting America to the weakest it’s been in 40 years and beyond.
Over It Abandon Thread GIF

I meant to say written, directed, and produced for Anglo-saxons. All Immigrants who were not from royalty, had money, were thought of very poorly. Mocked as stupid, and animalistic especially Irish and Italians.
This discussion is better of in the Town Hall forum. Let's keep it there.

Advertisement

Next time, tell us how you feel about Antonio Meucci...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rarely hear updates on Citizen. Loved what we were hearing pre-injury about his maturity and playing level. Any shot of him getting playing time this season?

Rarely hear updates on Citizen. Loved what we were hearing pre-injury about his maturity and playing level. Any shot of him getting playing time this season?
Nothing has changed since I posted on it 2-3 months ago. Middle of the year is likely the best case. But I wouldn’t rule out anything beyond that. The setback really threw a wrench in things

Last edited:
Advertisement
Unless Citizen plans on becoming an actor, you’re checking the wrong thread

Nothing has changed since I posted on it 2-3 months ago. Middle of the year is likely the best vase. But I wouldn’t rule out anything beyond that. The setback really threw a wrench in things
2024 for the playoff run

Unfortunately I can see him being a transfer candidate bc of how crowded the rb room has become. But I hope not bc him and Fletcher both being bull dozers able to rotate in and out behind our oline would be huge for our team.

Advertisement
Back