Trevonte Citizen injury considered serious [Sep 23 - *may* return this year]

Advertisement
Advertisement
Politics
First post eh? I see you
Not really a huge posterā€¦ I donā€™t enjoy the the **** wagging contest that 2/3rds the posters find entertainment in. But Iā€™ve been reading the main contributors from this site since they were writing for other sites. Every once in awhile I throw in my 2cents. And one of the biggest and simplest ways of dividing this country (which is what swamp politicians want is to keep us divided) is bringing race into every subject. Iā€™m an independent but one thing republicans have going for them. Blacks have voted 90% democrat the past four decades. What major improvements have they made that have made your daily living better. Iā€™m a huge Tim Scott fan and 1. Of the biggest drivers for all minorities and lower income families is school choice.

Not really a huge posterā€¦ I donā€™t enjoy the the **** wagging contest that 2/3rds the posters find entertainment in. But Iā€™ve been reading the main contributors from this site since they were writing for other sites. Every once in awhile I throw in my 2cents. And one of the biggest and simplest ways of dividing this country (which is what swamp politicians want is to keep us divided) is bringing race into every subject. Iā€™m an independent but one thing republicans have going for them. Blacks have voted 90% democrat the past four decades. What major improvements have they made that have made your daily living better. Iā€™m a huge Tim Scott fan and 1. Of the biggest drivers for all minorities and lower income families is school choice.
Very on topic with the citizen injury I see

Advertisement
Very strange post. Stick to lurking.

Russell Westbrook Reaction GIF by NBA

Advertisement
You forgot to reference ChatGPT

Little known fact expect for those of us who took the challenging History of Television communications course in college,
The first black lead actor on TV was ā€¦..Bill Cosby in ā€œI Spyā€ where he co-starred with Robert
Little known fact expect for those of us who took the challenging History of Television communications course in college,
The first black lead actor on TV was ā€¦..Bill Cosby in ā€œI Spyā€ where he co-starred with Robert Culp
I'm curious where the progress is on that? Vast majority of their roles seems to have been as pimps or tricks... Is that progression or regression?
The black actor has been unjustly typecasted throughout the majority of time of Hollywood. Though, there have been ceiling breakers throughout history Sidney
I'm curious where the progress is on that? Vast majority of their roles seems to have been as pimps or tricks... Is that progression or regression
1000% spot on, my brotha. U know y I love Denzel, Sidney Portier, Cicely Tyson ? They refused to be put in a box or type cast. I remember seeing an interview w/ Denzel where he said he lost some $$ from turning down roles, but the respect he earned not only created far greater roles, but more importantly, his self respect was never compromised.

I was in the barbershop two weeks ago, & I asked the shop one simple question (& my shop is in thee mutha fonky hood):

Name the last song from a Black artist that didnā€™t contain lyrics glorifying killing each other or disrespecting our women?

Bro, clippers turned off, eyes in the air thinking. I said do u know why such ā€œartistryā€ is propagandaā€™d all on the airwaves targeting our community & u wonā€™t hear a Miley Cyrus, Justin Timberlake or any other pop artist w/ such lyrics? I simply gave them a history lesson from the Jim Crow form of entertainment, to the Blaxploitation form of entertainment, to the now Genocide form of entertainment, along w/ the coincidental result of degradation w/in the community.

I then stepped off my soap box by saying, ā€˜hey, but as long as they getting $$, taking care of moms & the homies, & revered w/in the community though, right?
My family were Italian born immigrants who came to this country right before WW 2 and Iā€™m in no way comparing the plight of the immigrant to, injustices suffered (in the South in some places today) since civil rights reforms. But in regards to Hollywood since the start of filmmaking in America and really to this day aside from Sylvester Stallone. Most Italians are portrayed as gangsters, comedic

The majority of early Hollywood films were written, directed, and produced by Anglo-Americans and often reflected the anti-immigrant sentiments of the era. Anglo actors were typically cast to play Italian and Italian American characters who appeared on screen as overly emotional, intellectually inferior, and incapable of becoming mainstream ā€œAmericans.ā€

Italian American actors, like African Americans and other ethnic actors, were relegated to small, caricatural parts, such as organ grinders, butchers, and barbers. Gino Corrado and Henry Armetta were two such character actors who were cast in hundreds of films to depict Italians in a comical, yet stereotypical, light.

Black today actors today led by of course the GOD of actors Mr. D Washington himself, can portray as many varied roles (still not in numbers) as all cultures.

The problem resides at the top. The same white faces own the studios, who choose the movies, and the directors (still a significant % drop for minority/women directors) on major projects.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
The Outfield - Your Love is a timeless song.

Play it in Gilette Stadium on a Sunday Night game and you'd think you're on a concert. Everyone, both young and old, knows the lyrics.
They really owe Zolak some serious coin for making it a staple of the New England fan base

They really owe Zolak some serious coin for making it a staple of the New England fan base
Bon Jovis Livin on a Prayer is on there too. Was played during the infamous Baltimore playoff game in 2014. Had goosebumps as a 16 year old on my computer watching the game lol

Advertisement
Back