Trevonte Citizen injury considered serious [Sep 23 - *may* return this year]

Bob Marley is soooo great that not only his legacies are great artist (Jr Gong being my favorite by far)....that we are now down to his grandkids being div 1 football players....and others being talented as **** musicians....

1 of his grandsons from south florida had a hit recently i still play. The uncanny Bob voice pitch is clear on his grandson.

*Sidenote...H.E.R. is a baddie and great artist

whole video shot in Miami with his Uncle.

he was a once in a few generations person and musician. he saw the world clearly even though i might not always agree with his positions. the world lost a tremendous musician, artist, visionary and person. a light that burns twice as bright burns half as long (do androids dream of electric sheep aka Blade Runner). i've listened to all of his music available online starting with the rustic, rudimentarily produced music at Studio One. all of it is elite.

Advertisement
Give Phil Lynott from Thin Lizzy a listen Rell. Guys voice is magical. The Rocker, Romeo and the Lonely Girl, whiskey in the jar, Cowboy Song. Unreal voice. The life took him too soon.

I am also a bit of an instrument snob. I prefer instruments over machines. That said, sampling and machines are an art form. I can play a guitar but would not know where to begin with some of the amazing sounds people create with a computer. Just prefer instruments.

And for the mic drop- Prince. Good night and sweet dreams. There are musicians and then there is Prince.
computers aren't music in the real sense of the word.

this is a great excerpt of an interview with Gene Simmons of KISS (all caps) fame who is right when he says the world of music has plummeted. although the title mentions rock and roll he is discussing all genres. i think a significant factor in the decline of music is that there are fewer musicians and real vocalists and more computers.

Last edited:
I was a kid in elementary school in the 50s. All the Black characters in the movies and on TV back then were comic relief, playing maids and servants mostly, rolling their eyes and Tomming it up big time. Only way they could get work. Wasn't until the mid 60s/early 70s that Black actors ike Jim Brown and Richard Roundtree, Ron O'Neal, Pam Grier, Fred Williamson, etc. changed that dynamic.
Sidney Portier?

Advertisement
computers aren't music in the real sense of the word.

this is a great excerpt of an interview with Gene Simmons of KISS (all caps) fame who is right when he says the world of music has plummeted. although the title mentions rock and roll he is discussing all genres. i think a significant factor in the decline of music is that there are fewer musicians and real vocalists and more computers.

Back when men were men

She was & still is for her age, but unlike other beautiful non-Black actresses who were given roles that show cased their acting skills, Pam was often featured as this “jive talking” *** object, who would also kill a man.

U show me a movie w/ Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Kelly, Ava Gardner, Sophia Loren, Lynda Carter, Hedy Lamarr, or Lauren BaCall, all beautiful, gorgeous actresses during their prime casted in such roles like Pam was.

Pam is not even that type of person she was portrayed in real life, but those were the roles given.
Many of the femme fatale’s of the 1940-thru 1950s film noir were pretty whacked. Killed men. In ‘Leave Her To Heaven’ Gene Tierney killed a teenage boy crippled by polio. Pushed him off a rowboat and watched him drown. So she could get closer to his older brother.

Many of the femme fatale’s of the 1940-thru 1950s film noir were pretty whacked. Killed men. In ‘Leave Her To Heaven’ Gene Tierney killed a teenage boy crippled by polio. Pushed him off a rowboat and watched him drown. So she could get closer to his older brother.

Were they portrayed as whores, and jive talkers, too?

Advertisement
Were they portrayed as whores, and jive talkers, too?
Don‘t know about jive talkers, but many were manipulative cvnts doing whatever they need to do to get what they wanted. Hayes Code prevented filmmakers from stating the obvious.

There’s a lot of great music (artists in general) that’s generally marketed in the underground via self promotion through the internet and even old fashioned recordings passed out through parties and neighborhoods.

A lot of these musicians learned the lesson of the dangers of being butchered by big market record companies and just have chosen in the last 20-25 years to go a smarter route that allows more creativity and less dependence on big corporate structures that sap the life out of them and their royalties.

The reason a lot of these artists aren’t as ‘well-known’ or ‘iconic’ beyond this lesson learned from prior artists many mistakes is additionally due to general speed of information that makes it ‘harder’ to become culturally entrenched by a larger mass of people, and they choose again, not to prostitute themselves to the big money forces Simmons is mistakenly underestimating. It’s actually easier to make more money ( and have a side job) to cut out the big structure machine companies and do self marketing through technological mediums today because of the amount of potential earnings lost due to all the extra fluff (and maintain more creative control).

There’s plenty of great musicians and artists. It’s just that Gene Simmons is generally out of touch and neglecting any understanding about an audience that is much more diverse and multi faceted than the time period of the artists he references. A lot of the talented groups are marketing themselves to the audience they also want marketed towards (e.g. people who will actually appreciate them) and less of the watered down structure Simmons is discussing.

Lots of talent exists. It’s a shame but also very intelligent that many of them choose not to lose their identities to the modern day nonsense.

train trainwreck GIF

@RVACane :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Advertisement
There’s really no update on Citizen, just a bunch of side threads about whatever. There was a picture of him a few days ago just wearing one of those knee sleeves in a group picture.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back