Trevonte Citizen injury considered serious [Sep 23 - *may* return this year]

Advertisement
Just curious but what HISTORY have you seen with Trevonte? I'm confused maybe by the root of that word. Unless him having a setback with one injury is considered two seperate things that is...
I don't see where I used the word history - but you're correct if you mean that I haven't seen him play before, so I have no history there. And I have no knowledge of his injury outside of what I read on this board.

My feeling for Citizen & Chaney is the same for any player that misses 2 straight years with injuries - I would expect there to be both a physical and mental toll that would prevent them from jumping right back in at the same level they were before the injuries.

Say for example there weren't any injuries, but a player didn't play for 2 years and was limited or couldn't practice during that time - I'd expect there to be rust they'd have to shake off when returning.

I'm still a big fan of Chaney & Citizen. I thought they would've been our 2 best RB's last year when healthy. I thought both had high ceilings when they came in as Freshman. It's just that given their injuries, IMO it's lower odds they reach that same ceiling they had prior to their injuries. I'm not ruling it out, I think it's still a possibility, I'm just expecting it to be less of a possibility.

I'm curious where the progress is on that? Vast majority of their roles seems to have been as pimps or tricks... Is that progression or regression?

Bro, pls don’t do this me….please don’t turn me into Relly Rell X on this subject matter. Lol. Notice I said a huge part of the nail on the head & not “thee” nail. Trust me, it’s taking everything in my power not to explain systemic, stereotype casting, & its effects. From The Jim Crow Picaninny type casting, to the Blaxploitation type casting, to the Angry Black Man/Woman type casting…

Imma just leave this matter alone, bruh. Some won’t understand what systemic is, how ingrained & insidious it is.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bro, pls don’t do this me….please don’t turn me into Relly Rell X on this subject matter. Lol. Notice I said a huge part of the nail on the head & not “thee” nail. Trust me, it’s taking everything in my power not to explain systemic & stereotype casting, & its effects. From The Jim Crow Picaninny type casting, to the Blaxploitation type casting, to the Angry Black Man/Woman type casting…

Imma just leave this matter alone, bruh. Some won’t understand what systemic is, how ingrained & insidious it is.
I don't know, Pam Greer was pretty smokin'...

I don't see where I used the word history - but you're correct if you mean that I haven't seen him play before, so I have no history there. And I have no knowledge of his injury outside of what I read on this board.

My feeling for Citizen & Chaney is the same for any player that misses 2 straight years with injuries - I would expect there to be both a physical and mental toll that would prevent them from jumping right back in at the same level they were before the injuries.

Say for example there weren't any injuries, but a player didn't play for 2 years and was limited or couldn't practice during that time - I'd expect there to be rust they'd have to shake off when returning.

I'm still a big fan of Chaney & Citizen. I thought they would've been our 2 best RB's last year when healthy. I thought both had high ceilings when they came in as Freshman. It's just that given their injuries, IMO it's lower odds they reach that same ceiling they had prior to their injuries. I'm not ruling it out, I think it's still a possibility, I'm just expecting it to be less of a possibility.
Ur right where u didn't use that word. I read it in several posts and u simply said injuries and now 2 years. So to clarify. Don's case that applies all day. He's had multiple injuries and essentially he's missed 2 years. Trevonte however was a true freshman last year. He had one injury that cost him his freshman year and as he had an issue in rehab it'll cost him a lil of this year. BUT if we want to he can most certainly play this season. But what's the sense in rushing a kid back if theres no need for it. My two cents he'll be on the field this year. With that in mind and not digging too deep into the memory bank I'll simply say Frank gore(who had multiple HORRIBLE injuries that cost him years not only in college or pro but all the way back into high school even. Then just as an extreme case but all in college would be Willis. He essentially missed three years of college ball & every bit of two years. Injuries happen and yes it can absolutely take a toll on the body and worse yet on the mind, but don't just write a kid off and lower expectations as a result of it before they get to prove themselves who they are. Trevonte in particular is the REAL DEAL. I love the backs were getting not only already in the room but the ones coming in as well. NONE of them is on that boys level and I just pray he gets to show it to the world and doesn't get left behind. So as fans let's simply be there to show our kids they matter regardless. Because when a kid is injured that support means far more than what most could ever imagine.

Bro, pls don’t do this me….please don’t turn me into Relly Rell X on this subject matter. Lol. Notice I said a huge part of the nail on the head & not “thee” nail. Trust me, it’s taking everything in my power not to explain systemic & stereotype casting, & its effects. From The Jim Crow Picaninny type casting, to the Blaxploitation type casting, to the Angry Black Man/Woman type casting…

dear god favorite posts GIF

I really need to sit across a table from you and have a few beers.

One day.

Advertisement
@Rellyrell I'm ****** with you brother. I have a very different viewpoint on ALOT of these matters. Especially now that I've been working pretty well established in the entertainment industry since football ended I see actors and musicians just like I see society. At a certain point you've got to realize when they're a large part of the problem as well. If you see you're being type casted then at what point do you refuse those roles. But to be someone embracing it and takin it to the bus then why are they wrong for casting you that way. We take a stand for what matters to us at a certain point. We just all reach that point in very different ways. I just have problems with us constantly playing the victims card because in doing that when will there EVER be progress. But enough of this.

@Rellyrell I'm ****** with you brother. I have a very different viewpoint on ALOT of these matters. Especially now that I've been working pretty well established in the entertainment industry since football ended I see actors and musicians just like I see society. At a certain point you've got to realize when they're a large part of the problem as well. If you see you're being type casted then at what point do you refuse those roles. But to be someone embracing it and takin it to the bus then why are they wrong for casting you that way. We take a stand for what matters to us at a certain point. We just all reach that point in very different ways. I just have problems with us constantly playing the victims card because in doing that when will there EVER be progress. But enough of this.

1000% spot on, my brotha. U know y I love Denzel, Sidney Portier, Cicely Tyson ? They refused to be put in a box or type cast. I remember seeing an interview w/ Denzel where he said he lost some $$ from turning down roles, but the respect he earned not only created far greater roles, but more importantly, his self respect was never compromised.

I was in the barbershop two weeks ago, & I asked the shop one simple question (& my shop is in thee mutha fonky hood):

Name the last song from a Black artist that didn’t contain lyrics glorifying killing each other or disrespecting our women?

Bro, clippers turned off, eyes in the air thinking. I said do u know why such “artistry” is propaganda’d all on the airwaves targeting our community & u won’t hear a Miley Cyrus, Justin Timberlake or any other pop artist w/ such lyrics? I simply gave them a history lesson from the Jim Crow form of entertainment, to the Blaxploitation form of entertainment, to the now Genocide form of entertainment, along w/ the coincidental result of degradation w/in the community.

I then stepped off my soap box by saying, ‘hey, but as long as they getting $$, taking care of moms & the homies, & revered w/in the community though, right?’

I have no faith Chaney will be healthy and citizen hopefully comes back in 24 ready tor rock. thankfully, RB a spot you can slot in as a FR and not really lose much so as long as fletcher and CJ are the real deal, I dont have much to worry

Advertisement
1000% spot on, my brotha. U know y I love Denzel, Sidney Portier, Cicely Tyson ? They refused to be put in a box or type cast. I remember seeing an interview w/ Denzel where he said he lost some $$ from turning down roles, but the respect he earned not only created far greater roles, but more importantly, his self respect was never compromised.

I was in the barbershop two weeks ago, & I asked the shop one simple question (& my shop is in thee mutha fonky hood):

Name the last song from a Black artist that didn’t contain lyrics glorifying killing each other or disrespecting our women?

Bro, clippers turned off, eyes in the air thinking. I said do u know why such “artistry” is propaganda’d all on the airwaves targeting our community & u won’t hear a Miley Cyrus, Justin Timberlake or any other pop artist w/ such lyrics? I simply gave them a history lesson from the Jim Crow form of entertainment, to the Blaxploitation form of entertainment, to the now Genocide form of entertainment, along w/ the coincidental result of degradation w/in the community.

I then stepped off my soap box by saying, ‘hey, but as long as they getting $$, taking care of moms & the homies, & revered w/in the community though, right?’
I'll do one better. Name the last artist who has recorded a timeless song.

Yeah I've had multiple issues with puffy & other a & r throughout the years because of the directions they've guided artists. The problem is for them it's all about sales and exploitation & for the artists none of them have the foresight to comprehend what they're sacrificing to pull in the mighty dollar. Really is a sad industy at the end of the day.

Advertisement

Bro, clippers turned off, eyes in the air thinking.
Hate to assume, but there just must not be a ton of Sevendust getting played in the barbershop.

Yeah I've had multiple issues with puffy & other a & r throughout the years because of the directions they've guided artists. The problem is for them it's all about sales and exploitation & for the artists none of them have the foresight to comprehend what they're sacrificing to pull in the mighty dollar. Really is a sad industy at the end of the day.

Yeah man, like I said systemic is a word that’s doesn’t truly get the attention it deserves. It’s all blood $$, & they don’t see the detriment it’s caused. Sometimes, things don’t change.

Hate to assume, but there just must not be a ton of Sevendust getting played in the barbershop.

Nah, definitely not…but I am happy to say, the owner of the shop has made it a point to play only Old School R&B music since that convo. He said he never thought about that until I brought it up and he noticed how his behavior would change after listening to certain lyrics. He said he wants his shop to be more of a positive vibe.

Advertisement
Back