Trevonte Citizen injury considered serious [Sep 23 - *may* return this year]

Advertisement
I swear it's like a bad dream. Citizen might have been our best back. Those feet, all that shifitniness at a stout 220...now we might never get to see him in pre-ACL form (if that is indeed the injury). Tragic. At least with Gore, we got to see his ridiculous raw talent in quite a few games as a freshman before his ACL. As great of a (HOF worthy) career as he had after it, he was significantly better before the injury.

When I read Trevonte got hurt, the first guy I thought about was Chaney, & I thanked the football gods he was healthy...
he's young and should bounce back. There will be new RBs next spring and more excitement about a room that will have even more competition and depth via recruiting and/or transfer portal. I always believed they needed to add a RB this past cycle from the portal because so much is at stake with this possibly being TVD's last season.

Here's to hoping we get a healthy Don Chaney that will go the distance this season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
he's young and should bounce back. There will be new backs next spring and that room will look different via recruiting and/or transfer portal. I always believed they needed another back from the portal this season because so much is at stake with this possibly being TVD's last season.
What if TVD comes back next year? Suppose we win 10 games and kick *** in our Bowl game? Maybe he thinks we will have a shot to contend for a Natty and a Heisman if he comes back?

Oh wait Drew Rosenhaus is his agent. Zero chance. Never mind. Carry on.

What if TVD comes back next year? Suppose we win 10 games and kick *** in our Bowl game? Maybe he thinks we will have a shot to contend for a Natty and a Heisman if he comes back?

Oh wait Drew Rosenhaus is his agent. Zero chance. Never mind. Carry on.

Mario got Justin Herbert to come back back, but Tyler is a more natural passer than Justin was and I also doubt he stays.

Last edited:
he's young and should bounce back. There will be new RBs next spring and more excitement about a room that will have even more competition and depth via recruiting and/or transfer portal. I always believed they needed to add a RB this past cycle from the portal because so much is at stake with this possibly being TVD's last season.

Here's to hoping we get a healthy Don Chaney that will go the distance this season.
I agree he'll bounce back, & his running style can probably withstand an ACL injury better than others who rely on more lateral cuts and movements. I saw more jump style & plant & go cuts in his tape than Barry Sanders-like shake & bake moves. But that doesn't change the fact that I wanted to see him play for us before any major injury...I think he was ready to contribute right away.

Advertisement
Well, I was a young kid & it was clear it was racist af. Buckwheat was the quintessential definition of stereotype & there were other racist monikers throughout. Not trying to chit on ur childhood, but it is what it was.

There’s no doubt the Little Rascals was racist, although I have to be honest I’ve never actually watched it or seen an episode or whatever it is. I’ve seen stills and I think it’s just kind of out there in the general consciousness.

But having said that, isn’t this from the 1930s? Pretty much anything with AA in those days was going to engage in racial stereotypes. Other than somebody like Paul Robeson, who’s a very unique exception, and there were a few, I’m pretty sure most every other AA in movies or entertainment, was having to deal with racist stereotypes. That’s not surprising. That’s how it was back then. I’m not excusing it obviously, I but I doubt there were too many forward thinkers back then.

There’s no doubt the Little Rascals was racist, although I have to be honest I’ve never actually watched it or seen an episode or whatever it is. I’ve seen stills and I think it’s just kind of out there in the general consciousness.

But having said that, isn’t this from the 1930s? Pretty much anything with AA in those days was going to engage in racial stereotypes. Other than somebody like Paul Robeson, who’s a very unique exception, and there were a few, I’m pretty sure most every other AA in movies or entertainment, was having to deal with racist stereotypes. That’s not surprising. That’s how it was back then. I’m not excusing it obviously, I but I doubt there were too many forward thinkers back then.

Oh no doubt; nail right on the head.

Advertisement

Here's to hoping we get a healthy Don Chaney that will go the distance this seas
Portal not a big fan. ****, THEY are dropping like flies. What's happening over there.

Well, I was a young kid & it was clear it was racist af. Buckwheat was the quintessential definition of stereotype & there were other racist monikers throughout. Not trying to chit on ur childhood, but it is what it was.
I just liked the show again I didn’t look at it as racist. I also loved Sanford and son and different Strokes. 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
i think "insiders" have reported that if he plays this year it would be a bonus. i saw him at the spring great in a big brace and limping. apparently, he had a serious setback post-surgery.

Advertisement
Back