Trevonte Citizen injury considered serious [Sep 23 - *may* return this year]

Was he blinking his eyes or making any unusual hand gestures when he said this?
No, but he probably realized that previously only saying it was more serious than a 4 day injury was a pretty soft-sell.

*why the constant douche-baggery?

Last edited:
Advertisement
People keep forgetting that even with great backs, getting tons of playing time in their first year, especially right off the bat, is extremely uncommon. Mainly because of trying to pick up the playbook and especially blocking schemes. You don’t want your quarterback getting killed.

This isn't really the case anymore.

Most of the top NFL RB's lead their team in rushing as Freshman:
Jonathan Taylor, Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb, Saquon Barkley, Joe Mixon, Leonard Fournette, Aaron Jones, AJ Dillon, Breece Hall, David Montgomery, James Conner

The ones that didn't play right away are mostly Alabama guys who just had older/talented RB's ahead of them:
Derrick Henry, Alvin Kamara, Josh Jacobs, Najeh Harris, Damien Harris

Big time RB's see the field right away. If you're talented, coaches get you on the field immediately.

Last edited:
I'm hearing ACL.
Angry Denzel Washington GIF

I’ll repeat, hammies & knees always make me go yikes w/ WRs & RBs. “A little more significant” doesn’t give me the warm & fuzzies.

At the end of the day, this is y u recruit & over recruit at an elite level. Look at Bama w/ Trey Sanders, as an example, or us w/ Lingard. The only way u can prepare for the freak incidents that occur in a contact sport, is making sure the room, each room is absolutely stacked.

Sucks for the pup, & hopefully it’s not too bad.

Advertisement

Jonathan Taylor, Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb, Saquon Barkley, Joe Mixon, Leonard Fournette, Aaron Jones, AJ Dillon, Breece Hall, David Montgomery, James Conner

The ones that didn't play right away are mostly Alabama guys who just had older/talented RB's ahead of them:

Big time RB's see the field right away. If you're talented, coaches get you on the field immediately.

Especially when they only have you for 3 years.

I’ll repeat, hammies & knees always make me go yikes w/ WRs & RBs. “A little more significant” doesn’t give me the warm & fuzzies.

At the end of the day, this is y u recruit & over recruit at an elite level. Look at Bama w/ Trey Sanders, as an example, or us w/ Lingard. The only way u can prepare for the freak incidents that occur in a contact sport, is making sure the room, each room is absolutely stacked.

Sucks for the pup, & hopefully it’s not too bad.
Man Relly that first line. I don’t know if it was purposeful but you spittin bars with that first section.

Hammies & knees with wide receivers and RB’s (pronounced “R” “Bees”) don’t give me the fuzzies.

200.gif

Advertisement
No, but he probably realized that previously only saying it was more serious than a 4 day injury was a pretty soft-sell.

*why the constant douche-baggery?

Nothing to do with "douche-baggery", more to do with the amazing word parsing and jumping to conclusions of words spoken during a stupid post-practice presser.

****. I never wanted to say it because of this, but Citizen reminded me of Lingard and his size. Had to double take when the kid was in full gear. Tough to hear that.

There are literally hundreds of starting running backs in the NCAA. Your named a handful of pros. Try again.

Advertisement

I knew there was another. It’s spooky. Outside of Cooper, every one of those was an elite pro prospect pre-injury — I include Moss in that group, although I know I’m probably in the minority.

People keep forgetting that even with great backs, getting tons of playing time in their first year, especially right off the bat, is extremely uncommon. Mainly because of trying to pick up the playbook and especially blocking schemes. You don’t want your quarterback getting killed.
Wish more posters had this type of sense.....but then I guess this site wouldn't be as interesting.

Advertisement
Dunno why but this have Frank Gore writing all over it. Hopefully end up to be a HOF like Frank but **** tough pills

There are literally hundreds of starting running backs in the NCAA. Your named a handful of pros. Try again.
Yes, the point is that Miami should expect to recruit a player the caliber of Cook. And until that RB rooms looks like Bama, he should be getting lots of burn as a FR. It will take a while to get to the Portis, McGahee, Davenport, and Gore backfields. That’s reserved for the best school. However, we are still relevant enough to get one of those NFL starters every 2 years. There is no reason to even bring up all those other NCAA RB’s in this conversation. We should be getting an NFL RB stud at least every other year and he should be playing a lot as a FR. If we are not, then Mario needs to find a better RB coach. That is the expectation.

S good Frank was everybody thag play with him including himself admit was better before tear both knees. Kno he haven’t been in the Hall yet but 3rd all time leading rusher think bro will make it. Citizen been getting alot of praise for his running ability now this bs happen. Aka Frank G all over again. So what’s the haps ?

Advertisement
Back