Treon Harris

They don't run 40's with pads and cleats on and nobody has a ball in their hands.

I like the short shuttle more anyways.

Advertisement
i think if your a good QB then it would be no question what you should play, idk i just think this is a sign of whats to come if he wants to make it to the NFL

They don't run 40's with pads and cleats on and nobody has a ball in their hands.

I like the short shuttle more anyways.

Agreed.

Those shuttle times can tell about their lateral quickness and change of direction, while their vert number can tell us about explosiveness and athleticism.

Treon has that 4.4 speed to go along with the lateral quickness and exlposion u want in your corners.

Patten and Lammons are both 4.6 guys with that same lateral quickness and exlposion.

Treon saying he'll play wherever is a change from what he has said before.

are you serious lammons ran a 4.39 at a combine and im fur sure patten doesnt run a 4.6 the way he ran artie burns down

Treon has that 4.4 speed to go along with the lateral quickness and exlposion u want in your corners.

Patten and Lammons are both 4.6 guys with that same lateral quickness and exlposion.

Treon saying he'll play wherever is a change from what he has said before.

are you serious lammons ran a 4.39 at a combine and im fur sure patten doesnt run a 4.6 the way he ran artie burns down
at the Miami nfsc combine Lammons and Patten ran 4.6's

http://www.studentsports.com/miami-nfsc-testing-results/

Advertisement
If they're looking to sign a 2nd/3rd QB in this class, give the offer to Winky.

I will pass on Treon, especially as a QB.

What has Winky done that Treon hasn't? We all know Treon has been the most productive and successful to this point. So please feel me in on the differences.

By the way, as for Treon's and Nigel's speed. Nigel is a better track track so he'll win a 100m and 200m race over Harris but Harris would win a 40 yard race on a football field EVERYTIME. Patten is builds to his top end speed which is one of the reasons he's like the 4th best 100m guy on that Booker T team.

Last edited:
What has Winky done that Treon hasn't? We all know Treon has been the most productive and successful to this point. So please feel me in on the differences.

By the way, as for Treon's and Nigel's speed. Nigel is a better track track so he'll win a 100m and 200m race over Harris but Harris would win a 40 yard race on a football field EVERYTIME. Patten is builds to his top end speed which is one of the reasons he's like the 4th best 100m guy on that Booker T team.

Flowers has no way near the talent Treon has on his team, from top to bottom, Flowers is relied upon to make plays for his team all the time

Advertisement

Flowers has no way near the talent Treon has on his team, from top to bottom, Flowers is relied upon to make plays for his team all the time

This, I would take Flowers over Harris as the 3rd QB/ATH.

I think it should be a no brainer to offer Treon as a cb if his head is on str8. Ideal size with great athleticism to go along with the fact tht he is B.Harris's brother.

Pls...no more Harris's at QB. (Im still shell shocked from the last one) I do like him at CB though.

Advertisement
I hope we find a way to get Treon and Winky and Edouard all on this team. Tell em they can have a chance at QB...it should become apparent to them pretty quickly if they will ever play there or not. Flowers could be Boldin, Treon could be Russ Shepard...just get football players on the roster and the rest sorts itself out.

Why would we allow 3 QBs in this class? That would leave us with Williams, Dewey, Crow, Olsen, Alin, QB, QB. 7 QBs on scholarship is ridiculous. I understand offering Flowers and Treon but I just don't see them getting a fair shot at QB with the names ahead of them and why would they want to sit for multiple years.

Advertisement
There is no way we take Harris as a QB IMO. I think its clear Coley wants someone more polished. We already have Edouard on board, and he's raw. Taking Winky or Harris is just taking another version of Alin. I think Winky is the plan B/C for QB if more polished guys, like Kaaya, fall through. I think Harris gets offered, or has been, as a DB, but I dont see us taking him as a QB.

If these kids want to go to these other schools thinking they can be the next Russell Wilson, let them go. For every Russell Wilson, there is a Michael Bishop, Brad Banks, Eli Roberson, Denard Robinson, Antwan Randle El ,etc. Guys that were great in College but when it was time to go pro they were told either switch positions or play in the CFL. A few got looks at QB but it was short lived. And thats what these kids are not taking into consideration. If Treon and Winky are gonna pull the "Anquan Boldin" card all power to them. Go to Purdue or Iowa and rep yo city! But I am proud that Al isnt lying to them just to get them here. Not worth ruining the rships with the coaches.

Update on Harris from ITU a few days ago:

Ole ****, Arizona, FSUck, UCF, USF, and WKU recruiting Harris as a QB, UF@g and Clemson as a DB, hasn't talked to Miami coaches since NSD.

“I want to throw for 3,000 yards this year because I threw for 2,500 last year and I had 50 touchdowns so I want like 60,” Harris said.

“My career so far has gone great,” Harris said. “I’m the second one out of my mom’s house to play football at Booker T. and do good things. My brother Thearon Collier did great things at Booker T. and it’s just exciting seeing yourself do great things.”

“I tell him to keep focused,” Collier said. “The choice is yours. He always asks me what school he should go to and I tell him, ‘I can’t pick and choose, go where your heart desire. Go where you think you can play at. Go where is best for you.’ I encourage him and try to be the best big brother to him and my little brother and sister.”

“It’s going great,” Harris said. “Some teams want me to play quarterback, some teams want me to play defense, but I think I’m going to get a shot at quarterback at most of my schools.”

“I’m very confident in myself,” he said. “I can do things that big guys do. Size don’t mean nothing to me. It’s all in your arm strength. I can throw like I’m 6-5 so I don’t understand why they look at the size.”

“You have to see how the recruiting system works,” he said. “They just can’t keep telling me I’m going to play quarterback and then showing me things that I’m not going to do.”

(On Miami) “I haven’t even talked to them in a minute,” Harris said. “It’s been around since signing day.”

(On the drama queen LB and the OL that left for ARK) “We’re all from the same park so when I saw them sign, I knew it was my turn next,” Harris said. “So I’m just pushing to keep getting better and do the things they do."

“I want to be a better pocket passer with more touchdowns and less interceptions,” Harris said. “Every year I have a goal to get and I work hard to try to go get it.”

“It’s not so hard, it’s just how the teams play my offense. They know I have a lot of fast guys and they love to drop into coverage so I just take the ball and get what I can get. I have to bring them up so I can throw the ball. It’s hard for me to sit in the pocket sometimes because of how they play us.”

“I have seen a lot from them,” Harris said. “We have a lot of young guys that came in to put in work to get better to try to get back to the championship. I have seen a lot of improvement since day one.”

“It feels a little different, but you have to adjust. That’s football on every level. Some of your top guys leave, transfer, you never know. You just have to adjust from that and go from there.”

“I’ve been feeling like it’s my team, but this year I have to put more leadership into it because we have a lot of young guys, a lot of underclassmen that are coming to play high school ball and we have to get them used to the feeling of being physical, playing fast and focused.”

Does anybody know if we've ever won 10 games in a season with a local SF qb at the helm?

I don't think we ever have. Here's to hoping Morris does it this year.

Advertisement
Back