Trent Richardson cut by colts bigger bust than jamarcus?

Bama is a meat grinder they max those kids out by year 2 then after the next year its off you go. It still amazes me each time a alabama player is taken this high or in the top 15 when all the previous players are spotty at best. Amari may break the trend but we will have to wait and see.

What about Lacy? Jones? Dareus? Even Jackson for Houston has been productive... Each year these claims are being refuted... There players are starting produce and hit the ground running...

Ill gove you dareus and lacy for now but you reaching on the others. What about the other 20 you didnt name?

Julio Jones is reaching? CJ Mosely balled out too... What other 20 players? Bama has only been dominant for like the past 6-7 years...

And each of those years theyve had mutiple "studs" in each draft. Julio is good so ill take that back but thats three mosley i think is ok but i would like to see how this upcoming season. I could go back to the last 5 draft and see 10-13 kids who aint even amount to a decent back up.

Advertisement
Bama is a meat grinder they max those kids out by year 2 then after the next year its off you go. It still amazes me each time a alabama player is taken this high or in the top 15 when all the previous players are spotty at best. Amari may break the trend but we will have to wait and see.

He only started one season, while playing behind Ingram the other 2. How is that a meat grinder?

More like a case of a RB getting credit for an OL production.

Im guessing you never seen bama practice or lift weights, do you know what it takes for a kid to taste game time at bama? Those kids bodies cant develop or produce past college why? It aint coaching.

This is silly.

I think a lot of people use the early 2000 Miami teams as the "standard" for NFL success, when in reality those teams were "outliers" in terms of talent. Saban didn't have that type of talent initially. It's only been the last 2-3 years that Bamas recruting has become ridiculous.

Also, Most drafted players "bust" in the NFL. It's happens to every college team. Average career is 3.4 years. Committing to Miami instead of Bama isn't gonna magically make them a future pro-bowler. A lot of Sabans guys aren't even at their prime yet, so it is silly to compare this early.

Bama couldn't get Moffet from LSU so they brought in his boy Cochran. Bamas "Gale Hatch" system is THE standard and something Many NFL teams, FSU, Urban Meyer, and half the SEC copied. How is Bamas S&C system damaging development while LSU and FSU players use the same system? Kelvin Benjamin and Patrick Peterson turned out alright and their depth charts are just as competitive as Bamas.

They also use the "catapult" GpS system to monitor players collisions, workload, etc., and limit their practice time when necessary. So it's silly to say they are harming players development. bamas players are more pampered than anybody. They have a psychologist and a **** motivational coach that gets paid to give kids fist bumps on the sideline. Bama has an army of assistants in their S&C program. Every player essentially has a certified trainer wathing his lifts.

I think the "body breaking down" conspiracy theories are tied to beliefs that they all abused steroids.

Richardson played behind the best OL in college for 3 years and was overvalued. Simple as that.

:hunt_dog_lol:

What about Lacy? Jones? Dareus? Even Jackson for Houston has been productive... Each year these claims are being refuted... There players are starting produce and hit the ground running...

Ill gove you dareus and lacy for now but you reaching on the others. What about the other 20 you didnt name?

Julio Jones is reaching? CJ Mosely balled out too... What other 20 players? Bama has only been dominant for like the past 6-7 years...

And each of those years theyve had mutiple "studs" in each draft. Julio is good so ill take that back but thats three mosley i think is ok but i would like to see how this upcoming season. I could go back to the last 5 draft and see 10-13 kids who aint even amount to a decent back up.

I really doubt you can name 10-13 players who "who hasn't amounted to become decent"... Look no team is going to be like our mid 90's to late 2000's canes... Not even our late 80's to early 90's canes can compare... That being said Bama has had a lot more successful players than given credit... It's just magnified because they are so dominant. However they have only been dominant since 2009...

Advertisement
Doesn't get much worse than JaMarcus. I remember people laughing at me when I said Calvin Johnson should be picked ahead of him.

I'm a raiders fan and I said the same thing! Russel road the back of Dwayne Bowe...
Nah. He had the talent. He was just a bumbledick yokel that played the system after that huge *** contract, a ****** lazy loser like him should of never been gifted the talent he was born with

Advertisement
Trent Richardson had 283 carries his final year in college(his only year as the workhorse).

Last year Marshawn Lynch, Leveon Bell, Demarco Murray and Lesean McCoy all had at least 280. The "overworked at Alabama" argument holds no water.

T Rich is a serviceable third down and goal line back, no where near the biggest bust ever.

Bang for the buck biggest bust of all time? I'm going with Sam Bradford, won 18 games in 4 years as a starter for $67 million gaurunteed, followed closely with fat Jamarcus, and Ryan the meth head.

There isn't enough talent in the state of Alabama for them to consistently good. They recruit Florida and surrounding states very well. This creates quality depth and competition. They win because the formula is simple. A lot of their players look a lot better because as a team they better than 90% of the teams they play and everybody just assumes they "all" are NFL material including future recruits. Sometimes that can be fools gold when your deficiencies are hidden by the depth of talent around you. Trent was too slow and couldn't overpower defenders like he did in college. He'll probably get picked up by another team and make a couple more years before he fades, but he'll have nice financial head start many of us didn't so I don't feel sorry for him.

Trent Richardson is a rare example of a kid that just got too big in the weight room! He's nothing more than a fullback now!!

Advertisement
lol at the Lamar Miller vs Trent Richardson argument.

Trent aint avg 4 yds a carry in the league yet. Lamar got to 1,000 last year and is beginning to hit his stride, still aint 24 yet.

Trent Richardson is/has always been a stiff back imo......The crew Bama has coming out this year...Yeldon..same sh*t.... I remember people saying dude was bette rthan Duke as well......i lol'd. Richardson is toting around **** near 230 pds of muscle on a 5'9 frame. He is what he is...not a ocmplete bust just overvalued like most Bama guys...(See Seantrel eating that other bama ol food in buffalo last season). They run behind a good to great ol EVERYEAR...and dont ever have to really make anything happen as a rb for 5 yds at a time...well that sh*t bogs down in nfl and your natural ability has to show....and richardson, ingram, and crew dont have it...good bounce back year for ingraham though.

i agree richardson offers no explosiveness,his entire career he has just 4 runs of 20 yards or more, **** the colts could have paid edge to come out of retirement and i bet he could have gotten more than a sorry 3 yards a pop

It didn't take a freaking rocket scientist to see Calvin Johnson was going to be great. The most physically gifted WR to come out in years. What wasn't to like about CJ coming out, especially after the combine? Dude is 6'5" and near 240, and ran a 4.35 40. So yeah, I believed he was, and is, a once every 20 years type of player.

So yeah, I sure as **** thought he was the best player coming out that year. You act as though it's improbable that I would say that in 2007. Why? I was always a big fan of CJ. I didn't know if jaMarcus would pan out or not, but I felt very strongly about CJ. Again, I felt Calvin Johnson was the surest thing I'd seen coming into the draft. He was simply that dominant.

Now, I will second the people saying Ryan Leaf. Without a doubt the biggest bust in NFL history. I remember when people were arguing about him and Manning as to who would be better. It was darn near a 50/50 split amongst the experts. Many people thought he should have gone before Manning. As for me, I can't recall who I thought would be better, but I would have never dreamed Leaf would bomb the way he did. That was like watching your buddy spend $50,000 on a nice car, only to find out it was made of Play-Doh, and he couldn't get his money back. Man, that was sad.
Doesn't get much worse than JaMarcus. I remember people laughing at me when I said Calvin Johnson should be picked ahead of him.

Sure you did Thomas. Smh.

Advertisement

Trent aint avg 4 yds a carry in the league yet. Lamar got to 1,000 last year and is beginning to hit his stride, still aint 24 yet.

Trent Richardson is/has always been a stiff back imo......The crew Bama has coming out this year...Yeldon..same sh*t.... I remember people saying dude was bette rthan Duke as well......i lol'd. Richardson is toting around **** near 230 pds of muscle on a 5'9 frame. He is what he is...not a ocmplete bust just overvalued like most Bama guys...(See Seantrel eating that other bama ol food in buffalo last season). They run behind a good to great ol EVERYEAR...and dont ever have to really make anything happen as a rb for 5 yds at a time...well that sh*t bogs down in nfl and your natural ability has to show....and richardson, ingram, and crew dont have it...good bounce back year for ingraham though.

Lacy has been doing well. However, Yeldon does look hurt and stiff this year... I do think Henry will do better... He's big with breakaway speed. That being said, I always felt Miller was the better back... He was faster with more proportional body weight.

Lacy has been doing well. However, Yeldon does look hurt and stiff this year... I do think Henry will do better... He's big with breakaway speed. That being said, I always felt Miller was the better back... He was faster with more proportional body weight.

hurt? stiff? dude looked stiff from day 1.....he has no shiftiness at all.

Henry is a hback playing rb...but in the right scheme will do ..."ok".

Richardson sucked in the pros and was overhyped after running behind that great OLine. But the "Bama players are all overrated" thing holds no weight. As someone else mentioned:

Mosely, Dix, Julio, Dareus, Upshaw, Hightower, Lacy...all legit.

They have probably a higher % of success stories than most other schools. The difference is that we as Miami fans have become accustomed to all of our guys either becoming all time greats (the Reed/Taylor/Portis/Wilfork Era) or overperforming their draft slot (Graham/Shields/Miller/Vernon/Henderson).

Take Miami out of the picture and your opinion of Bama guys should go up. They have a lower bust rate than FSU, LSU, USC, Ohio State, etc.

The Browns give up the #4 pick, their 4th, 5th and 7th round pick to move up one spot to #3 to get him. Then, the Colts gave up their first round pick to trade for him. So essentially, that's 5 draft picks (two in the first round) for a RB who was cut after his 3rd season.

He's gotta be right up there with the all-time busts.

Advertisement
Back