Trent Richardson cut by colts bigger bust than jamarcus?

58straight

Junior
Eighteen months after trading a first-round draft pick for Trent Richardson, the Indianapolis Colts have thrown in the towel on the sluggish running back.

The announced Thursday that they have waived Richardson.

The No. 3 overall selection in the 2012 NFL Draft -- billed by many as the best running back prospect since Adrian Peterson -- Richardson averaged a futile 3.1 yards per on 316 carries over 29 games with the Colts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000478616/article/trent-richardson-waived-by-indianapolis-colts

Advertisement
it will be hard for a prospect to surpass jamarcus russell for the biggest bust ever label due to that monstrous signing bonus but dude has to be in the discussion.

Some of those Bama players don't do so hot when they have to walk the straight and narrow to abide by the NFL's drug policies.

Advertisement
Although I felt Miller was better due to his speed a versatility, I still thought Richardson would have been productive. Oh well he may bounce back... He just has to remain focus... Ingram and the backer for Dallas bounced back with productive seasons this year...

His last year at AL the rb 'a were averaging over four yards before contact . Chew on that .

He was fools gold

Although I felt Miller was better due to his speed a versatility, I still thought Richardson would have been productive. Oh well he may bounce back... He just has to remain focus... Ingram and the backer for Dallas bounced back with productive seasons this year...

I thought he would be better too, but he's completely different than Ingram. Richardson has absolutely no explosion. It's not a matter of focus or dedication at all, he just doesn't have the talent. I would argue he was the worst RB on any NFL roster last year. Any GM that gives him a contract should be fired.

Bama is a meat grinder they max those kids out by year 2 then after the next year its off you go. It still amazes me each time a alabama player is taken this high or in the top 15 when all the previous players are spotty at best. Amari may break the trend but we will have to wait and see.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Doesn't get much worse than JaMarcus. I remember people laughing at me when I said Calvin Johnson should be picked ahead of him.

Advertisement
A yall seen how that boy demarco murry just got paid, i think the RB position is becoming valuable again, thats a good sign for duke he will be a big money back.

Bama is a meat grinder they max those kids out by year 2 then after the next year its off you go. It still amazes me each time a alabama player is taken this high or in the top 15 when all the previous players are spotty at best. Amari may break the trend but we will have to wait and see.

He only started one season, while playing behind Ingram the other 2. How is that a meat grinder?

More like a case of a RB getting credit for an OL production.

Advertisement
Back