Trent Richardson cut by colts bigger bust than jamarcus?

Although I felt Miller was better due to his speed a versatility, I still thought Richardson would have been productive. Oh well he may bounce back... He just has to remain focus... Ingram and the backer for Dallas bounced back with productive seasons this year...

I thought he would be better too, but he's completely different than Ingram. Richardson has absolutely no explosion. It's not a matter of focus or dedication at all, he just doesn't have the talent. I would argue he was the worst RB on any NFL roster last year. Any GM that gives him a contract should be fired.

Yea I agree... I think he's too stiff... He had speed to burn but he put on too much weight... Yea it doesn't look good for him at all and according to his comments it doesn't seem as if he's remorseful for his recent behaviors... But I wouldn't have thought he would have fell off so hard...

Advertisement
Bama is a meat grinder they max those kids out by year 2 then after the next year its off you go. It still amazes me each time a alabama player is taken this high or in the top 15 when all the previous players are spotty at best. Amari may break the trend but we will have to wait and see.

What about Lacy? Jones? Dareus? Even Jackson for Houston has been productive... Each year these claims are being refuted... There players are starting produce and hit the ground running...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bama is a meat grinder they max those kids out by year 2 then after the next year its off you go. It still amazes me each time a alabama player is taken this high or in the top 15 when all the previous players are spotty at best. Amari may break the trend but we will have to wait and see.

He only started one season, while playing behind Ingram the other 2. How is that a meat grinder?

More like a case of a RB getting credit for an OL production.

Im guessing you never seen bama practice or lift weights, do you know what it takes for a kid to taste game time at bama? Those kids bodies cant develop or produce past college why? It aint coaching.

What about Lacy? Jones? Dareus? Even Jackson for Houston has been productive... Each year these claims are being refuted... There players are starting produce and hit the ground running...

Ill gove you dareus and lacy for now but you reaching on the others. What about the other 20 you didnt name?

Who was that Alabama running back that quit the 49ers after his 1st or 2nd season?

Was it Coffee or however you spell his name?

Advertisement
Yep Florida's Coach McElwain RBs at Alabama... only Ingram has had success.... Good luck to those RBs for the Gators...lol (Scarlett included)

Advertisement

He only started one season, while playing behind Ingram the other 2. How is that a meat grinder?

More like a case of a RB getting credit for an OL production.

Im guessing you never seen bama practice or lift weights, do you know what it takes for a kid to taste game time at bama? Those kids bodies cant develop or produce past college why? It aint coaching.

This is silly.

I think a lot of people use the early 2000 Miami teams as the "standard" for NFL success, when in reality those teams were "outliers" in terms of talent. Saban didn't have that type of talent initially. It's only been the last 2-3 years that Bamas recruting has become ridiculous.

Also, Most drafted players "bust" in the NFL. It's happens to every college team. Average career is 3.4 years. Committing to Miami instead of Bama isn't gonna magically make them a future pro-bowler. A lot of Sabans guys aren't even at their prime yet, so it is silly to compare this early.

Bama couldn't get Moffet from LSU so they brought in his boy Cochran. Bamas "Gale Hatch" system is THE standard and something Many NFL teams, FSU, Urban Meyer, and half the SEC copied. How is Bamas S&C system damaging development while LSU and FSU players use the same system? Kelvin Benjamin and Patrick Peterson turned out alright and their depth charts are just as competitive as Bamas.

They also use the "catapult" GpS system to monitor players collisions, workload, etc., and limit their practice time when necessary. So it's silly to say they are harming players development. bamas players are more pampered than anybody. They have a psychologist and a **** motivational coach that gets paid to give kids fist bumps on the sideline. Bama has an army of assistants in their S&C program. Every player essentially has a certified trainer wathing his lifts.

I think the "body breaking down" conspiracy theories are tied to beliefs that they all abused steroids.

Richardson played behind the best OL in college for 3 years and was overvalued. Simple as that.

Last edited:

Ill gove you dareus and lacy for now but you reaching on the others. What about the other 20 you didnt name?

Julio Jones is reaching? CJ Mosely balled out too... What other 20 players? Bama has only been dominant for like the past 6-7 years...

Da NFL drug testing is hindering these Bama RBs. Dat and some of dem ain't working no mo once they got some change in their pocket. Word on Richardson is that he just don't give a shizz any mo.

Advertisement
There's a salary cap in the NFL, while there's not in the SEC. :smile:
Da NFL drug testing is hindering these Bama RBs. Dat and some of dem ain't working no mo once they got some change in their pocket. Word on Richardson is that he just don't give a shizz any mo.

Bama players get an edge in the draft because they are from Bama. When we were on top our players became the default selection for NFL and many got picked above their talent. Bama has not reached that stage but they certainly have an edge. Unfortunately now our players get picked below their talent level because we suck.

I was actually a TR fan. Thought he would be light years better then Ingram. Then his rookie year came and I knew he would be done within 2 years. He just didn't have "it". You could just see it.

There was a big argument on this board about him after his rookie year. Some said he would be fine. Some said, including me, he would be a bust.

Lacy has been good. But that running style is going to make him injury prone very soon.

Advertisement
Back