Trent Richardson and JP Wilson ran Bama scout team.

Jnmjr

Recruit
If that's legal, why are numbers an issue for practice??? I can't figure NCAA out, how in the f is that allowed???? That nugget by Danielson was the most exciting thing about the LSU Bamma game

Advertisement
As long as you are a student at a school you can practice as a walkon. They both are probably taking either grad or undergrad classes. Richardson is also a free agent at the moment so he is not in the NFL. I agree them practicing with the team is crazy.

Go Canes

Idk but the Stanton Blue Devils play a double header on Wednesday. Brutal.

Are either of those guys currently under NFL contract?

Advertisement
Rodgers and Highsmith can run our scout team D.

Advertisement
As long as you are a student at a school you can practice as a walkon. They both are probably taking either grad or undergrad classes. Richardson is also a free agent at the moment so he is not in the NFL. I agree them practicing with the team is crazy.

Go Canes

Not that I don't believe you, but how does not being currently on a team matter? Isn't the ncaa's thing that once you've taken money you are a professional?

Advertisement

Go Canes

Not that I don't believe you, but how does not being currently on a team matter? Isn't the ncaa's thing that once you've taken money you are a professional?

That's not the rule at all...

14.2.1.6 Exception—Former Student Participating in Practice on an Occasional Basis. A former student at the certifying institution (e.g., former student-athlete) may participate in an organized practice session on an occasional basis, provided the institution does not publicize the participation of the former student at any time before the practice session. (Adopted: 3/3/11)

Miami allows this as well:

Practice form.jpg

We should get Streeter down here.

I'm being serious here by the way.

Streeter is only 28 and less than one year removed from being on an NFL practice squad. We have no WR depth so he could potentially provide a challenge to our DB's in practice with his size and speed.

Last edited:
******* Saban, man, the guy doesn't mess around. Looks for any advantage possible.

Advertisement

Go Canes

That's not the rule at all...

14.2.1.6 Exception—Former Student Participating in Practice on an Occasional Basis. A former student at the certifying institution (e.g., former student-athlete) may participate in an organized practice session on an occasional basis, provided the institution does not publicize the participation of the former student at any time before the practice session. (Adopted: 3/3/11)

Miami allows this as well:

View attachment 40028

Why the FVCK have we not been doing this since it was available?

Our admin are always amateurs. We could have been taking advantage of this for 5 years.

We could have brought in Vince Wilfork and really showed people what it is supposed to look like.

Advertisement
Back