Tre Johnson pic with Leon searcy

**** kid is really good shape. He doesn't seem like a typical reach we've seen in recent classes.

Realistically the kid is a major project, BUT...when taking a major project, you look for specific traits. In this kid it is the long *** arms and light feet. If you can identify one plus that sets them apart, I have no problem taking them. I similarly liked Odogwu, for the same reasons, and Gauthier (looked like an elite run blocker on tape).

The problem with Golden's 'reaches' was that, for the most part, there was nothing about them that stood out. Thinking specifically of Mahoney and Loftus.

To add onto this, with some of Golden's reaches you need to have good to great coaching to develop them the first two years. So that by the time they're a RS Sophmore, they're productive on the field. Golden severely lacked the coaching aspect on development for these projects which is why outside of Sonny, none of them took off.

Advertisement
[INSTAGRAM]BBY7Y9xxiBx[/INSTAGRAM]

Banda took the safeties out to dinner last night

****. Banda isn't doing too bad for himself, nice catch.

Jaquan got swoll.

Is that him all the way to the right? Because if it is, I am impressed, that kids gotten big! I'm not good with faces, it looks like Carter on L, then who? then it looks like that is Jenkins then Jaquan?

So......it looks like (from left to right) Carter, Knowles, Banda's ole' girl, Jenkins, Banda, and Johnson.

Hope this kid develops quick. I realize people said he was a little bit of a project with big upside, hopefully he gets it going early.

Advertisement
Now searcy was a big dude but this kid is huge...View attachment 35523

I look at that picture and think that the kid has a looooong way to go in the weight room. Not much mass on the kid.

Searcy is around 6-2

Leon searcy is 6'5... We need more lineman coming in looking like this or sunny Odogwu physically. Not that sh*t we seen this past year with kids looking out of shape

Advertisement

I look at that picture and think that the kid has a looooong way to go in the weight room. Not much mass on the kid.

Searcy is around 6-2

Leon searcy is 6'5... We need more lineman coming in looking like this or sunny Odogwu physically. Not that sh*t we seen this past year with kids looking out of shape

Actually he's not. He's listed everywhere at 6-2/6-3 (probably closer to 6-2) and I've walked next to him while he was at UM.

Don't expect much from this guy for 2-3 years imo. Could be a solid starter as a RS SO. That's his track right now imo

Searcy is around 6-2

Actually he's not. He's listed everywhere at 6-2/6-3 (probably closer to 6-2) and I've walked next to him while he was at UM.

Don't expect much from this guy for 2-3 years imo. Could be a solid starter as a RS SO. That's his track right now imo

No one said he is coming in and starting. But we have something to work with. A nice developmental guy who has potentially the upside to start and play well down the line in 2 more years

Searcy is around 6-2

leon's 6'4 bro Leon Searcy NFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

I like this recruit's upside. ... A lot. Why?

Frame is massive. Should put on 20 good lbs during a redshirt year.

Primarily played defense in high school. He is aggressive and physical.

Most important for me, he has played basketball throughout his high school career. A long, strong OT who has the quickness, athleticism and nimbleness to play basketball is exactly what we need. Our current OTs just flat out can't block speed rushers coming off the edge. This guy's size and style give me some hope.

Advertisement
I ran into Leon a couple months ago and he's still massive. That fact that we're even having this conversation about an 18 year old kid is a very good thing.

Advertisement
Back