Tre Johnson pic with Leon searcy

brock

All-American
Now searcy was a big dude but this kid is huge... image.jpg

Advertisement
heard a Mark Richt interview from NSD where he said they kept watching Johnson's film, and couldn't believe more people weren't after him. He thought he was a 4star type OL.

Advertisement
Search is the guy on the right. Johnson is about one half as wide.

But Searcy is also older and heavier. Johnson is 18, has not had college training, doesn't have a gut and will be a lot bigger.

Agreed. Look at the frames. Shoulder and hip width are the same. The young man is going to be able to add some good weight and be a monster.

You can't look at Searcy and then call him massive in comparison...The forearms says it all...Leon has naturally wider shoulders but it does appear that Tre has longer arms. Probably will look the same as Searcy when he puts on some more muscle though

Advertisement
Search is the guy on the right. Johnson is about one half as wide.

But Searcy is also older and heavier. Johnson is 18, has not had college training, doesn't have a gut and will be a lot bigger.

Agreed. Look at the frames. Shoulder and hip width are the same. The young man is going to be able to add some good weight and be a monster.
So that's what 6'7" 290lbs looks like...

Advertisement
You can't look at Searcy and then call him massive in comparison...The forearms says it all...Leon has naturally wider shoulders but it does appear that Tre has longer arms. Probably will look the same as Searcy when he puts on some more muscle though

People naturally get thicker as they age. Is this kid a LT? Searcy was a RT as I recall. Maybe Leon didn't have long arms of a LT.

Advertisement
**** kid is really good shape. He doesn't seem like a typical reach we've seen in recent classes.

Realistically the kid is a major project, BUT...when taking a major project, you look for specific traits. In this kid it is the long *** arms and light feet. If you can identify one plus that sets them apart, I have no problem taking them. I similarly liked Odogwu, for the same reasons, and Gauthier (looked like an elite run blocker on tape).

The problem with Golden's 'reaches' was that, for the most part, there was nothing about them that stood out. Thinking specifically of Mahoney and Loftus.

[INSTAGRAM]BBY7Y9xxiBx[/INSTAGRAM]

Banda took the safeties out to dinner last night

****. Banda isn't doing too bad for himself, nice catch.

Jaquan got swoll.

Is that him all the way to the right? Because if it is, I am impressed, that kids gotten big! I'm not good with faces, it looks like Carter on L, then who? then it looks like that is Jenkins then Jaquan?

**** kid is really good shape. He doesn't seem like a typical reach we've seen in recent classes.

Realistically the kid is a major project, BUT...when taking a major project, you look for specific traits. In this kid it is the long *** arms and light feet. If you can identify one plus that sets them apart, I have no problem taking them. I similarly liked Odogwu, for the same reasons, and Gauthier (looked like an elite run blocker on tape).

The problem with Golden's 'reaches' was that, for the most part, there was nothing about them that stood out. Thinking specifically of Mahoney and Loftus.

Agreed. The one thing you see in Goldens reaches is not only were they projects but they were also in terrible shape.
I don't think Loftus ever plays a down here nor Mahoney but time will tell.

Advertisement
Back