Tre Johnson DE/OL visiting this weekend

Advertisement
Very high ceiling with this kid. Big kids that move like this is always a good take

Especially at OT . We need big kids with quick feet with a high ceiling level like this. He has 1st round draft pick written on him with a good coach . RS and develop him

Too many times ppl want finished products when the raw kids have a brighter future. Look at the raw abilities and you coach up a stud like Winston for example

Very high ceiling with this kid. Big kids that move like this is always a good take

I'm just not seeing it. He looks awkward on his feet in his junior highlights. Maybe a big growth spurt and he's just getting used to it? Perhaps the guy who coached against him knows.

The competition he's up against looks like small ball classification. I suppose you can fly a bit under the radar that way, but I just don't see anything that made him jump off the screen. If I'm completely honest, he's a project at best.
Nice scout-speak, but most HS OL are "projects," Mel *****er. Not too many of them are ready to jump in as true freshmans and start.

Johnson is an elite athlete...after a RS year he'll be 300+. I see a Jason Fox type player here

a Lineman that gets his QBs murdered?

Haha. You must be a Dolfan.

he hurt the Dolphins more than Gall hurt the Canes this year...

Insane how much of a liability he is

Fox is past his prime in the NFL. He was a four year starter at left tackle for the Canes. If this kid comes anywhere close to Fox at the U we will be very happy.

Advertisement

I'm just not seeing it. He looks awkward on his feet in his junior highlights. Maybe a big growth spurt and he's just getting used to it? Perhaps the guy who coached against him knows.

The competition he's up against looks like small ball classification. I suppose you can fly a bit under the radar that way, but I just don't see anything that made him jump off the screen. If I'm completely honest, he's a project at best.
Nice scout-speak, but most HS OL are "projects," Mel *****er. Not too many of them are ready to jump in as true freshmans and start.

So what's your take lamer?

If we were competing with Illinois and ECU a year ago for a recruit who plays against ****** competition, you'd be the first lame to call this recruit an Al Golden special.

I'm not going to go that far, but I gave my opinion. You, just talking **** and not really saying anything, par for the course.

Size of a prototypical left tackle, good strength and can be a good prospect down the line

As with 90% of offensive linemen, kid could go either way. Light on his feet, huge...those are the attributes you look for, and teach the rest. As Chise said, rare is the lineman that comes in that is big enough to play and hasn't been getting by on size alone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back