Tre Johnson DE/OL visiting this weekend

Not a dufus, not fat, better feet for an OL than DL, great size! Give this kid college training and he'll huge in size and play. This kid looks as good at OL, if not better than anyone we have or recruiting. Gotta give it to this staff for finding quality kids under the radar this late in the game.

Advertisement
Tre Johnson TRA, Manning from Wekiva - Auburn , Woody Barret from West Orange - Auburn , Tyshaun Ingram from Winter Park - UMass, and DAQUAN NEWKIRK - TFA - Auburn

All of those boys were at Evans and transferred out after their sophomore years. Tre was the only one that played basketball at Evans and made varsity as a sophomore. The kids is very fiery and competitive so I am all for having him down at the U.

newkirk had to go JUCO

He's an Athlete at o-line that's all you need to know if you want to coach someone up to play LT in the future.

Advertisement
Johnson is an elite athlete...after a RS year he'll be 300+. I see a Jason Fox type player here

a Lineman that gets his QBs murdered?

Haha. You must be a Dolfan.

he hurt the Dolphins more than Gall hurt the Canes this year...

Insane how much of a liability he is

Played fine at Miami. Started day 1. Who cares about 12 years later with the crap that is dolphins football.

Skillwise...does this kid look more like Ereck Flowers or Sunny?

Not many LT have the talent of a top 10 pick in the 1st round...

Pretty ****** scale to try to grade someone on

He looks like an athletic kid that is a no doubt tackle at the next level, good feet, long arms, that needs polishing. So in that case I'd say Sunny. But he has a higher ceiling than Sunny imo. He is more athletic and more of a "football player" he seems like he knows the game and he's probably played his entire life. He should be developed into a solid LT by his 3rd year on campus which would be right when Darling leaves and we need one

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have coached against him in basketball since he was in 8th grade. Kid is really light on his feet and can move. He is an above average athlete and I would love for him to be a Cane!

Thanks for the input, Pompano.

Much appreciated.

Advertisement
He certainly doesn't have an impressive offer list, but maybe we'll get a decent year or two out of him and he gets his education.

I rather have an athlete that you can mold than a one those guys with limited ceilings

Advertisement
Very high ceiling with this kid. Big kids that move like this is always a good take

Very high ceiling with this kid. Big kids that move like this is always a good take

I'm just not seeing it. He looks awkward on his feet in his junior highlights. Maybe a big growth spurt and he's just getting used to it? Perhaps the guy who coached against him knows.

The competition he's up against looks like small ball classification. I suppose you can fly a bit under the radar that way, but I just don't see anything that made him jump off the screen. If I'm completely honest, he's a project at best.

Especially at OT . We need big kids with quick feet with a high ceiling level like this. He has 1st round draft pick written on him with a good coach . RS and develop him

Advertisement
Back