Trayone Gray

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
let him get touches over gus. Him and Yearby should be the back ups. gus is not good.

Advertisement
why do people swear up and down that this guy is a star

because the one time he played this year he looked slow and stiff

Agree. Chocolate should be the 3rd back from here on out.

No reason for Edwards to be on the field anymore.

he only scored a touchdown on his first carry. you're right he sucks.

Advertisement
i never said a star. i am a yearby guy all the way but gus is not cutting it. give him a chance.

Because the kid is one **** of an athlete, who has legit wheels and cutting and is over 220 already as a true freshman. Gray has far more potential than Edwards.

i don't really care who is getting the 2 or 3 carries per game as the third back (gus seems fine to be doing fine to me -- his run against arkansas st was great and in fairness to him the staff doesn't often put him in a position to succeed), but this board seems to be over the moon about gray when next year he's gonna be the sixth most talented back on the team (which is great, but i doubt he ever lives up to the insane expectations this board has for him)

i don't really care who is getting the 2 or 3 carries per game as the third back (gus seems fine to be doing fine to me -- his run against arkansas st was great and in fairness to him the staff doesn't often put him in a position to succeed), but this board seems to be over the moon about gray when next year he's gonna be the sixth most talented back on the team (which is great, but i doubt he ever lives up to the insane expectations this board has for him)

LOL.

Yeah, who cares who gets those 2-3 carries, especially when homeboy fumbles letting the other team back into the game.

Advertisement
duke johnson, joe yearby, jordan scarlett, dexter williams, mark walton, trayone gray

i know this board thinks gray is the next frank gore or something but.......

The real issue is our coaching staff insisting that we need a "short yardage back" and subsequently shoe horning Edwards into that role. Gus goes down too easily on first contact. Just give the ball to Duke or Yearby.

The real issue is our coaching staff insisting that we need a "short yardage back" and subsequently shoe horning Edwards into that role. Gus goes down too easily on first contact. Just give the ball to Duke or Yearby.

We do need a short yardage back BUT Gus is not one. Nor is our line a short yardage line. Duke and Yearby are Sunday down players, ball should be in their hands.

Advertisement

Trayone gray is a **** of an athlete and even when we get out other rbs he can be used in other positions

Gus was a 3* from New York that was committed to Syracuse why in the **** are we steal commits
From a team that we used to demolish

Al needs to only get too tier talent and continue to recruit the **** out of south Florida

Last edited:

When did Al golden start posting on the website

Your right on 3rd and one go ahead and not keep the drive going
Lol

this is 100% true

our best "short yardage back" is probably crawford... he's 100% a full time safety imo but if they're so concerned about having a guy who can get 2 yards on third or fourth down they could throw him a few carries a game and it wouldn't hurt him.

Advertisement
Gray will be a receiver next season. Bet..But he should definately be third this season. Gus-fullback.

Al is a philosophical coach not a good judge of personnel and personnel position changes, like our past coaches. Our rushing attack need a more physical runner and blockers. Trayone would give us that bigger physical runner that also can go the distance. The OL and OL coach needs to be called out too. We need more physical blockers and they need to stick with their blocks longer. We play to soft a style football on both sides.

Nothing slow and stiff about Trayone Gray. What a shortsighted comment. The kid barely got here in time. The reason he isn't playing more is because he's way behind the other guys. Wait till he gets rolling and the tentativeness leaves.

Im not saying I want Gus in there but let's just keep this kids journey in perspective. It's a minor miracle he's even on the team.

Wouldnt surprise me to see Trayone play a different position next year assuming Williams, Scarlett and Walton all stick. Not that he couldnt play RB, but we could use his athleticism elsewhere.

Either way. It would probably be best for Edwards to transfer to Syracuse or Buffalo at the end of the season.

Advertisement
Back