Trayone Gray

why do people swear up and down that this guy is a star

because the one time he played this year he looked slow and stiff

Trayone gray is a **** of an athlete and even when we get out other rbs he can be used in other positions

Gus was a 3* from New York that was committed to Syracuse why in the **** are we steal commits
From a team that we used to demolish

Al needs to only get too tier talent and continue to recruit the **** out of south Florida

No need to drink your Sunday away Celebrating the Duke win

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
i don't really care who is getting the 2 or 3 carries per game as the third back (gus seems fine to be doing fine to me -- his run against arkansas st was great and in fairness to him the staff doesn't often put him in a position to succeed), but this board seems to be over the moon about gray when next year he's gonna be the sixth most talented back on the team (which is great, but i doubt he ever lives up to the insane expectations this board has for him)

Gus is all world against the lesser teams, but is a no show against any quality team. We need someone to step up and provide us some tough yards inside. What he does in the game, with this bouncing outside, his lack of protection in the pass game or fumbling, let's see what Tucker or Gray can do. Seems the stage may be too big for him right now.

Gray needs more carries to develop. We've seen enough of Gus to know what kind of player he is. He's a big back that runs like the flute player from the Band of the Hour

Advertisement
I kind of agree with RayRay. Gray has received unreal hype, starting on the recruiting board. People were talking him up like we were recruiting Devin Hester. I watched his high school highlight tape and was underwhelmed. He looks decent but not some spectacular athlete like people make him out to be. And let's stop with the "he has wheels" stuff. Dude's not a burner. On his highlights he gets run down all over the place. He seems to have some vision, some size and can make some cuts but I don't see a superstar rb. The irony is that the same people that are overhyping him now will be labeling him a bust when he doesn't meet their unrealistic expectations.

All that being said, he needs to be third string because Gus makes Trayone look like a combo of Jim Brown and Adrian Peterson.

Gus Edwards: 15 carries, 81 yards, 2 Tds. 1 rec, 19 yards. Averaging 5.4 yards a carry.....He's only a sophomore.

I don't think this is transfer material. I can name a lot more guys who are the hot seat than Gus.

Better than Yearby? No. 3rd string? Yes. Should Chocolate (1 month on campus) play over him? No

Averaging 5.4 in mop up duty, don't be stupid. Duke/Yearby then Gray. Gus can pick another position he may like or move on elsewhere.

Advertisement
Gus Edwards: 15 carries, 81 yards, 2 Tds. 1 rec, 19 yards. Averaging 5.4 yards a carry.....He's only a sophomore.

I don't think this is transfer material. I can name a lot more guys who are the hot seat than Gus.

Better than Yearby? No. 3rd string? Yes. Should Chocolate (1 month on campus) play over him? No

He has already been passed up by Yearby. Its only going to get more competitive for him. He has shown zero ability to be physical and break tackles. His lone highlight his entire UM career was a touchdown run against Ark. St.

I hope I''m wrong and he balls out the rest of the year. But I haven't seen anything from Gus his entire time at UM that leads me to believe he belongs. I can't see him transitioning to FB when he hasn't demonstrated the physical ability to block or catch. Can't see him tackling. And I would hope we've recruited better players at those defensive positions anyway.

I think it would be in everyone's best interests if he looked elsewhere next year.

Last edited:
Why do you guys say he should transfer? Not every kid runs and transfers because they are not the "guy". Maybe he really likes being at Miami and working to be the man is more important to him than actually being the man. He can have a special teams role here, get a great degree and be proud.

Gus was worth a ship obviously and to say otherwise is just plain idiotic but Gray should be 3rd string as that kid is super skilled .

Advertisement
I imagine Chocolate is behind in terms of the small things, checks, pass pro, receiving...sucks he got held up. I'm not going to give up on Gus. His first tendency is to avoid tacklers, like in HS. Guys are faster now. I don't want my 235lb. back try to go airborne over arm tackles. I need him to smash through them. I'm rather certain the coaches are trying to instill this in him. Less dancing, more putting down of the head and charging. It'll be up to Gus to change his running style. He's got 2.5 years left.

Advertisement
why do people swear up and down that this guy is a star

because the one time he played this year he looked slow and stiff
Again as I stated in retort to the idiot who said "its just Duke" this board has the highest percentage of moronic op's of any Canes board. If you had bothered to watch this guy play in high school you would have seen a guy who is very fast and very powerful and can cut very quickly with great vision. Gray was very late to get in . He needs to learn to block and learn the plays.He will do great things here at the U before its all over.

Advertisement
Back