Trayone Gray

Can't wait to come back to this thread after Gray makes a huge contribution to a win this year and laugh it all the mouthbreathers who love to prematurely rip our players.

Advertisement
I thought he should have been in there when we got to the goal line and ended up settling for 3. Let him power us in, in those situations.

Homer is a better power back.

Pushing the pile for an extra 5 yards and a first down saved a timeout, and may very well have saved the game. Big boy football.

Homer is a fcking beastly creature. Guy's about 205 pounds and runs like he's 250. He's another guy with that "it" factor who rises to the occasion and plays bigger than he is.

Homer is a freak athlete. He seems to explode through defenders rather than just run into them. He's broken 17 tackles on only 51 carries this year. Balla.

All I know is we have a stud starting RB and one of these other dudes needs to stop being a JAG and step up. I don't give a crap if its Choc, Burns, Dallas, or Atkins.

We need a 2nd RB and who's it gonna be? Next man up.

I thought he should have been in there when we got to the goal line and ended up settling for 3. Let him power us in, in those situations.

Pushing the pile for an extra 5 yards and a first down saved a timeout, and may very well have saved the game. Big boy football.

Homer is a fcking beastly creature. Guy's about 205 pounds and runs like he's 250. He's another guy with that "it" factor who rises to the occasion and plays bigger than he is.

Homer is a freak athlete. He seems to explode through defenders rather than just run into them. He's broken 17 tackles on only 51 carries this year. Balla.

His strength is underrated. Imagine him next year with another 15 pounds on his frame and another year of busting his *** in the weight room.

His strength is underrated. Imagine him next year with another 15 pounds on his frame and another year of busting his *** in the weight room.

15 pounds? Wow, are you trying to turn him into Ty Moss?

Advertisement
One of the many things to love about Homer is the dude always falls forward.

All I know is we have a stud starting RB and one of these other dudes needs to stop being a JAG and step up. I don't give a crap if its Choc, Burns, Dallas, or Atkins.

I like Gray. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Dallas take his reps as the season progresses. Every time he talks, it sounds like Brown is hoping someone steps up and supplants him.

As someone who killed players and wrote them off under previous regimes early, I've learned under the current one that it's never too late for a player to make an impact.

See Mahoney, Moten, Big **** Langham, Berrios, and Rosier.

100%, these coaches have proven to me that "JAGS" can be good football players, posters bashing these kids is just wrong.

Better Hope Gray proves he can shoulder the load at least a little because after him, the cupboard is pretty bare. It looks like the staff is hellbent on redshirting Burns (conditioning/health issue?) and the only other RB is a dude named Crispian who just got a scholarship last week.

Advertisement

I like Gray. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Dallas take his reps as the season progresses. Every time he talks, it sounds like Brown is hoping someone steps up and supplants him.

Barry Jackass made it sound like it's just a matter of time before Dallas becomes the backup:

• Deejay Dallas, moved from wide receiver to running back at least for now, continues to compete with Crispian Atkins for the No. 3 running back job behind Travis Homer and Trayone Gray.

Is Dallas ready to get carries? Brown hedged.

“The biggest thing about tailback is playing on third down and pass protection on first and second down,” Brown said. “I get nervous about putting a guy in the game and not knowing how the call is going to go. I don’t want to put him in a bad spot or the offense in a bad spot before he knows exactly what to do. He’s making great progress.”

We need him to help us. Homer isn't going to hold up very long with 20 carries and playing special teams.

He pulled up lame on one of the kickoffs last Saturday. Another UM player was blocked into his legs, he limped off. I'm glad it didn't appear to be anything that kept him from playing the rest of the game but could have been a disaster. Homer should be kept off ST for the rest of the year.

6 carries in 2014 for 24 yards (4 yard average)
23 carries in 2015 for 145 yards (6.3 yard average)
6 carries in 2017 for 40 yards (6.67 yard average)

35 carries in 3 years is hardly a large enough sample size to see what he is.

The reluctance of two different coaching staffs to put him on the field tells you what he is. He doesn't totally suck, but he's not good enough to earn a consistent spot on the field.

We need him to help us. Homer isn't going to hold up very long with 20 carries and playing special teams.

He pulled up lame on one of the kickoffs last Saturday. Another UM player was blocked into his legs, he limped off. I'm glad it didn't appear to be anything that kept him from playing the rest of the game but could have been a disaster. Homer should be kept off ST for the rest of the year.

It's a conundrum because we don't exactly have a bunch of competent people running down there on punts and kickoffs - and it's going to cost us eventually.

Advertisement
Yeah him hurdling that defender told me everything I needed to know why he does not get PT.

Is it because he's the backup RB and Richt has shown a tendency to run the starter into the ground?

Homer barely featured when Walton was available and look how well he's done.

Walton Jr. has had 20+ carries in a game once in his career.

Agree, but should have pulled him earlier in the FSU game. It was obvious he wasn’t in condition to play.

You show your ignorance with this post. You don’t even understand the injury he sustained in the FSU game, if you did, you would know it had absolutely nothing to do with the prior injury. Zero. It was on the other ankle, caused by a body crashing in on it. It would have happened whether he had had the prior injury or not.

You and Oldham, are frankly, full of shīt, and have no fūcking clue what you’re talking about. Or maybe you have an agenda against Rick. That would be my guess.

You're right, I miss Al Golden. Can't stand having a competent HC in place.

Is it because he's the backup RB and Richt has shown a tendency to run the starter into the ground?

Homer barely featured when Walton was available and look how well he's done.

Agree, but should have pulled him earlier in the FSU game. It was obvious he wasn’t in condition to play.

You show your ignorance with this post. You don’t even understand the injury he sustained in the FSU game, if you did, you would know it had absolutely nothing to do with the prior injury. Zero. It was on the other ankle, caused by a body crashing in on it. It would have happened whether he had had the prior injury or not.

You and Oldham, are frankly, full of shīt, and have no fūcking clue what you’re talking about. Or maybe you have an agenda against Rick. That would be my guess.

Way to completely change the subject.

The discussion was about your lie about Rick, that he ran Walton “into the ground”

A complete and utter bullshīt lie, as his number of carries proves.

But go ahead and keep living in that fantasy world you’ve created in your head.

Homer better stay healthy or we're screwed. Not just kind of, sort of screwed, but big-time screwed. I will just leave it at that.

Advertisement

Way to completely change the subject.

The discussion was about your lie about Rick, that he ran Walton “into the ground”

A complete and utter bullshīt lie, as his number of carries proves.

But go ahead and keep living in that fantasy world you’ve created in your head.

You stated that I had an agenda against Richt. I challenged that assumption with sarcasm.

Do try to keep up.

Saying he runs his players into the ground and is responsible for their season-ending injuries isn’t having an agenda against Rick?

Could have fooled me.

No, I think you’re the one that needs to keep up.

Saying he runs his players into the ground and is responsible for their season-ending injuries isn’t having an agenda against Rick?

Could have fooled me.

No, I think you’re the one that needs to keep up.

You can't win some of these...

Giving a monster like Todd Gurley 20 carries a game is running him into the ground. Meanwhile Travis Homer ran 20 times for 170 and we didn't feed him enough because he was clearly dominating.

Advertisement
Back