Trayone Gray

I would tend to disagree with the consensus here about Gray. He has size and speed coupled with athletic. Al Golden is a complete JERKY as he didn't develop Gray and didn't know what to do with him. I will hold my judgement but this young man has overcome adversity and it wouldn't surprise me that he lands on an NFL team someday.

Advertisement
I agree with the hurdling comment. He has the size to run through that tackle instead of thinking his big *** can fly. But I still haven't seen enough from him to toss him in with Gus "The Bust" Edwards. Like it or not he's gonna get some burn this year. I look for Richt to try to work him in a series or two early against Syracuse and UNC. Maybe he gets in a rhythm and trucks a few guys along the way.

Yeah him hurdling that defender told me everything I needed to know why he does not get PT.

Is it because he's the backup RB and Richt has shown a tendency to run the starter into the ground?

Homer barely featured when Walton was available and look how well he's done.

Walton Jr. has had 20+ carries in a game once in his career.

Agree, but should have pulled him earlier in the FSU game. It was obvious he wasn’t in condition to play.

Advertisement
Yeah him hurdling that defender told me everything I needed to know why he does not get PT.

Is it because he's the backup RB and Richt has shown a tendency to run the starter into the ground?

Walton had 56 attempts this year. Homer has 46. Neither have been “run into the ground”

Thank you! The mainstream media has people thinking they can say anything and it'll be accepted as fact. You'd think people would use the net for more than social media.

FIFY

Walton Jr. has had 20+ carries in a game once in his career.

Agree, but should have pulled him earlier in the FSU game. It was obvious he wasn’t in condition to play.

You show your ignorance with this post. You don’t even understand the injury he sustained in the FSU game, if you did, you would know it had absolutely nothing to do with the prior injury. Zero. It was on the other ankle, caused by a body crashing in on it. It would have happened whether he had had the prior injury or not.

You and Oldham, are frankly, full of shīt, and have no fūcking clue what you’re talking about. Or maybe you have an agenda against Rick. That would be my guess.

6 carries in 2014 for 24 yards (4 yard average)
23 carries in 2015 for 145 yards (6.3 yard average)
6 carries in 2017 for 40 yards (6.67 yard average)

35 carries in 3 years is hardly a large enough sample size to see what he is.

One person's small sample size is another person's lack of compelling evidence to play more.

6 carries in 2014 for 24 yards (4 yard average)
23 carries in 2015 for 145 yards (6.3 yard average)
6 carries in 2017 for 40 yards (6.67 yard average)

35 carries in 3 years is hardly a large enough sample size to see what he is.

Over 6 ypc in 2015 & 2017 is a pretty decent average. He may not have the vision & fluidity of Walton & Homer but he's done fairly well with the limited carries he's had. I'm sure we will see more of him as the season wears on. It would be smart of CMR to spell Homer a little if we have a large lead against a lesser opponent.

Advertisement
Average RB, at best. More athlete than football player.

I wish Robert Burns was more than a figment of our imagination.

These imbeciles hear something and then just repeat it into infinity. They've determined Gray is garbage based on virtually no data. They hear some trash from an insider and can never let it go.

As someone who killed players and wrote them off under previous regimes early, I've learned under the current one that it's never too late for a player to make an impact.

See Mahoney, Moten, Big **** Langham, Berrios, and Rosier.

Advertisement
We need him to help us. Homer isn't going to hold up very long with 20 carries and playing special teams.

I thought he should have been in there when we got to the goal line and ended up settling for 3. Let him power us in, in those situations.

Advertisement
I thought he should have been in there when we got to the goal line and ended up settling for 3. Let him power us in, in those situations.

Homer is a better power back.

Pushing the pile for an extra 5 yards and a first down saved a timeout, and may very well have saved the game. Big boy football.

Homer is a fcking beastly creature. Guy's about 205 pounds and runs like he's 250. He's another guy with that "it" factor who rises to the occasion and plays bigger than he is.

IMO - there's still not enough playing time to make a call on Choc.

I'd expect that he won't be bad, but won't be anything special. He just needs to be solid while giving Homer a break in a series here and there - and I think he can provide that.

I expect us to lean on Homer pretty heavily the rest of the year.

Advertisement
Back