Trayone Gray should switch positions

Advertisement
This guy will be Jason Geather'd. But not as productive. Will always be bounced around because the staff will have no idea what to do with him. Sad to say because if they just shirted him and allowed him to learn the WR position, I think he would be the goods by his RS-So year. Oh well.

Advertisement
Hope is not a Jason Geathers type. No disrespect to Geathers or Gray. Its just that guy moved from RB to WR, to RB back to WR all throughout his career at Miami. Never found a solid position.

Hoping someone figures it out before this kid wastes 4 years.

This guy will be Jason Geather'd. But not as productive. Will always be bounced around because the staff will have no idea what to do with him. Sad to say because if they just shirted him and allowed him to learn the WR position, I think he would be the goods by his RS-So year. Oh well.

I feel like you are on the money here.

Plenty of true freshmen play exclusively on STs their first year so this isn't unprecedented. However, there doesn't appear to be a plan in place. Golden himself keeps saying he doesn't know how they'll use him.

2014 (Freshman): Made career debut against FAMU, recording 10-yard touchdown on career-first carry...Carried three times for 13 yards against Rattlers...Had two carries for nine yards against Arkansas State...Had one carry against Cincinnati.

Wow, a total of 6 carries all year. WTF is wrong with this staff. I'm 100% convinced we have the sh*tiest coaching staff in the country. Who wastes a complete year of a player who obviously needed a redshirt to iron out what position he will play and then learn the playbook/position. That's a total fail on the staff.

he got reps on specials teams. it really helped him grow. he's just got to learn to trust the process.

Advertisement
He would be similar to Hurns at WR. Big bodied strong hands, just needs to learn to run good routes. He could be a good chain mover reliable target that could even stretch the field. Even though watching him run it's obvious he is our 2nd best back returning besides Yearby, he's way better than Gus. If we miss on Scarlett or Williams he needs to stay at RB but also have the work in at WR to play there as well.

This dude was the next coming of Barry Sanders before the season started and now people want to move him from RB? Let the kid grow. This place man...

He's big and strong and runs with good power, but I don't see a true position for him.
Best used as KR and RB/WR in certain packages. I don't see him being a feature guy at any position.

Advertisement
Why the **** didn't they at least let him run back a kick?

Coley clearly had no interest in doing so. God I hate football

Why the **** didn't they at least let him run back a kick?

Coley clearly had no interest in doing so. God I hate football

You can hate Golden for that. ST was awful under him. I woulda put Gray and Elder to return kicks. Elder was an outstanding RB in HS with good speed and vision, and Gray runs with speed and power and vision.

This dude was the next coming of Barry Sanders before the season started and now people want to move him from RB? Let the kid grow. This place man...
I know I said move to H-Back, but I agree with this too. If you're a beast at 6'2/240, and still quick/fast, there's nothing wrong with having a guy that imposing at RB as long as the skills translate well enough.

No matter what--keep the kid on Offense.

Advertisement
Hard to guage a good fotball player like Trayon Gray. His athletic ability reminds me of kendall wright. Not overly fast.. not overly quick... but he just gets it done.

Im not a fan of backs over 5'11. I think hed be best on the outside in an x spot. Maybe some slot depending on the team and matchups.

honestly, the h-back idea wasnt that bad. He would def. be a mismatch in a new age TE(ebron) or h-back role.

The guy isnt overly aggressive and hasnt shown the ability to get behind his pads as a taller guy to suggest Rb.

Thats why i dont like tall backs...

The more i think of it the more i think he belongs in the SE or x spot..... with a little bit of y sprinkled in.

Can he catch? I know he caught some ball in high school but that does not a WR make.

Advertisement
Back