Trayone Gray should move to WR

He is the most gifted running back on the roster, IMO. He just needs to hold on to the ball.

The same mental things holding him back at running back will hold him back at receiver.

Is it practice where he fumbled? I know he fumbled once in the FAU game (iirc), but it was not lost. Can't remember another fumble from him.

he had one last year vs carolina i believe.

That was the kickoff during his Frosh year, though, right? Seems like an exaggerated response to, as someone else said, fear. Let the kid f up on gameday at least a couple times. He might surprise you.

Advertisement
He is the most gifted running back on the roster, IMO. He just needs to hold on to the ball.

The same mental things holding him back at running back will hold him back at receiver.

Is it practice where he fumbled? I know he fumbled once in the FAU game (iirc), but it was not lost. Can't remember another fumble from him.

That was the kickoff during his Frosh year, though, right? Seems like an exaggerated response to, as someone else said, fear. Let the kid f up on gameday at least a couple times. He might surprise you.

All reports were that he was the most explosive RB during camp and then he didn't get many carries in games that mattered. I like Walton but dude averaged under 4 YPC, would've liked to see what chocolate could've done with more chances.

All reports were that he was the most explosive RB during camp and then he didn't get many carries in games that mattered. I like Walton but dude averaged under 4 YPC, would've liked to see what chocolate could've done with more chances.

yeah there is no excuse in not giving him some carries. even run the wild cat with him. he's the most explosive back on the roster. not sure if he would of done much behind our oline this year but you have to find out what you have. especially considering his red shirt was burned for no reason at all.

To me they all get a do over with a real HC, OC and position coaches. It'll be a chance for all to prove themselves. It's not like we have a dynamic rb that can't be replaced. There could be some major shakeups in the rotation very easily. Spring will tell on this one.

Unless he wants to be a back up his entire cfb career.

Thoughts?

That's exactly what I thought when I saw his highschool tape. Much better suited to catching passes than being a RB.

In Canada it was common to have a Slot back (as opposed to a slot receiver) that would get some carries as well. That would be a role he's well suited for.............but unfortunately he ain't in the CFL.

Advertisement
Under Richt, GA used Sony Michel as a pass catcher in the slot and out wide. Would be surprised if we didn't see that from Gray. I'm still not completely clear how Gray wasn't at least tried more often. The guy produced every single opportunity, or maybe I'm blind.

I have been screaming the same thing since Gus went down. Most athletic back we have by far. Walton and Yearby are not exactly alike, but not exactly a change of pace from each other for the defense. That said, most of us don't know if he holds on to the ball in practice or not. He has had fumbling issues in the past. I don't know why but I REALLY want to see him excel on this level and the next. He has an NFL body fo sho.

The fact that Gray was not out there, at least, returning punts and kickoffs shows you the pansy ***-ness that permeates throughout the staff thanks the Al-bortion. Richt should fire the whole lot of them.

"Paul, whose the best safety we ever had? What did he run?"

Hey, ****face, the best safety you ever had is on your current team but you sub him out so that Crawford can play enough snaps to fulfill his knee dives per game requirement.

I'm not defending Dallas Crawfords terrible safety play at all. Truth is the sanctions did more to hurt his progress than anything. I'm in the Ft. Myers area and saw him play QB and CB for a S. Ft. Myers team with Sammy Watkins. He was the Florida defensive player of the year in one publication which I can't remember. If he didn't have to bulk up to play RB he would've been an above average DB for sure. He lost all of his fast twitch muscle movement F'ing with U-slow&tough. One of the reasons he is so respected in the program for a Fentress 2.0, he sacrificed a productive career to fill a hole he was not meant for. Like Chick!

Especially with a young OL still not able to open holes with consistency. Choc can break arm tackles and turn 2 in to 8 or 10 yards where Yearby just doesn't have the strength.

Advertisement
If the kid was a good RB, we'd see it by now. And if He's gonna make the switch to WR, He better tighten up, Sam Bruce ain't havin' that $h!t.

If the kid was a good RB, we'd see it by now. And if He's gonna make the switch to WR, He better tighten up, Sam Bruce ain't havin' that $h!t.

You must not have seen any of our games.

Every time he touched the ball he looked more explosive than any of our other backs. More fluid, quicker at hitting the hole, fast and strong.

He didn't get many opportunities, but when he did, he was really impressive.

You should watch the games and players before commenting. It makes you look dumb.

having not played football, i'd like to know why he has a propensity to fumble? is it technique? training? familiarity? what exactly is the mental aspect? he gets the ball, frets about fumbling and then fumbles? or he gets the ball and forgets about ball security? i'm perplexed because i assume he has been playing for many years. details por favor

Every time he touched the ball he looked more explosive than any of our other backs. More fluid, quicker at hitting the hole, fast and strong.

LOLOLOLOL.

Cincy last year...fumble.
Clemson this year...tries to bounce it to the outside, and gets broke up.
UNC...fumbles a KOR.

This whole "He's the most explosive RB on the roster" is starting to take on Lochness & Bigfoot proportions.

Again, if He was a balla, we'd see it by now...I DON'T SEE IT!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement

LOLOLOLOL.

Cincy last year...fumble.
Clemson this year...tries to bounce it to the outside, and gets broke up.
UNC...fumbles a KOR.

This whole "He's the most explosive RB on the roster" is starting to take on Lochness & Bigfoot proportions.

Again, if He was a balla, we'd see it by now...I DON'T SEE IT!!!

you have to touch the ball more to see . How many times did he touch the ball this past year? He **** sure is better than gus that flat tired bus who is scared of contact

You wanna move a high-hipped downhill runner with limited wiggle and change-of-direction ability to WR?

smh

You wanna move a high-hipped downhill runner with limited wiggle and change-of-direction ability to WR?

smh

If he plays any type of WR, it'd be that Dexter Mccluster type role. Out of the slot, in motion, WR screens, etc.

Advertisement
Back