Trayone Gray runs too "upright".....

They have some similarities but I'm not going to compare the two A.D. runs like a man possess and he might be a step faster. You would have to be a fool to say Trayon doesn't have talent. He runs away from folks know matter who they are playing. I watch him live against Booker T and he broke off a couple of 15 to 20 yard runs even though they got smashed. He also ran past central defense like they were in quick sand. Trayon should have been a four star easily.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Still shaking my head at the morons on this board and others that say Trayone runs too "upright" to play RB at the next level. I've heard the McFadden comparisons...I think Peterson is a better comparison in running style. Of course I'm not suggesting that Gray is the next Adrian Peterson.

Do youself a favor.....go watch the HS video of another guy people said ran too "upright". Assclowns....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ1k7Mst9DU
So... everyone who disagrees with you is an idiot. It's posts like this that makes me never post. I've been reading this board for about 2 years and just now started posting.
Also, now we not only have the next Eddie George already on our roster in Gus, but we are now getting the first Darren Peterson or Adrian McFadden if he makes it on campus. Look at the play in AP's highlights at the 41 sec mark. Not a single time in two years worth of highlights have I seen Gray do that.
As a RB he would need to do that on a regular basis. AP and DMac both ran to contact, Gray avoids it... Gray looks more like RG3 running around than AP or DMac, he makes a read, either hands it off, or keeps it and runs away from people. Let me ask you do you think RG3 should play RB?
Also, I'm not saying Gray will be RG3, because I don't think he's a QB at the next level.

If he doesn't make into no hope he goes prep and works his as sniff to be a part of the 2015 class.

Advertisement
McFadden is the guy I've always compared him to. Since we're talking about college football, that's certainly a compliment.

The Central game answered any questions I had about Gray's speed. He dusted one of the fastest defenses in America. His speed is maybe a tick below McFadden (who was a Heisman candidate and 4.33 guy) but still excellent.

I also see similarities in their strength, competitiveness and toughness (which helps mitigate against the upright style, at least at the college level).

Yeah, I hope Gray isn't like that bum McFadden when he was at Ark. I don't want an upright runner that destroys sec defenses and is a Heisman candidate.

Sometimes I'm amazed by posts I read on here.

I like Gray at WR much better. I think all the stutter stepping he does says to me he's not a natural RB. I liked him Jr film better when he was at WR.

Advertisement
LMAO at the ridiculous comparisons in this thread.

That's why everyone was beating down the door for Gray right?

AD is a hall of famer.

DM is faster with better feet.

Only similarity is his size and upright running style. This guy is NOT a Rb. He is a pure tweener. Has potential as an Anquan Boldin style receiver. AB is probably the better comparison.

I like him better as a Safety prospect. Dude should try out the other side of the ball instead.

This thread has gone plaid.

277.gif

Advertisement
McFadden is the guy I've always compared him to. Since we're talking about college football, that's certainly a compliment.

The Central game answered any questions I had about Gray's speed. He dusted one of the fastest defenses in America. His speed is maybe a tick below McFadden (who was a Heisman candidate and 4.33 guy) but still excellent.

I also see similarities in their strength, competitiveness and toughness (which helps mitigate against the upright style, at least at the college level).

Yeah, I hope Gray isn't like that bum McFadden when he was at Ark. I don't want an upright runner that destroys sec defenses and is a Heisman candidate.

Sometimes I'm amazed by posts I read on here.

I think you're confused

LMAO at the ridiculous comparisons in this thread.

That's why everyone was beating down the door for Gray right?

AD is a hall of famer.

DM is faster with better feet.

Only similarity is his size and upright running style. This guy is NOT a Rb. He is a pure tweener. Has potential as an Anquan Boldin style receiver. AB is probably the better comparison.

I like him better as a Safety prospect. Dude should try out the other side of the ball instead.

4.gif~original

He is an upright runner (not sure how you could argue otherwise) and that's definitely not a good thing. Adrian Peterson, LeGarrette Blount and other upright backs have had to drop their pad level in the pros. You can have success as an upright runner but it does make it more difficult to change directions and run through contact while exposing a larger portion of the body to contact. Compare Blount from the Bucs to the Pats and you'll see what I mean.

Darren McFadden is an example of an upright stiff back who never dropped his pad level and developed his run skills. He's had a slew of injuries and even when he's healthy he leaves yards on the field.

Gray is not as athletic as McFadden and I just don't understand the hype about him. I don't see the explosiveness and change of direction skills that I'd like in a back or receiver. All I see is an instinctive big back with build-up speed - a decent prospect but not a game-changer.

My comparison: less explosive, less fluid Ricardo Louis

He is his junior highlights if you dont think he is explosive or has change of direction, probably will change your mind.

[video=youtube;5kySAuuCa4U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kySAuuCa4U[/video]

Advertisement
lol..... this thread needs to end, but I must comment on Mico Jones post first. Trayon was a Miami Hurricane from day one, he never wavered on his commitment because he had the opportunity to play in front of his family, and to some kids that's really important. Trayon is a traditionalist something a lot of these kids nowadays are not. That being said big schools started inquiring about Tray but all recruiters were directed to Aubrey Hill. Aubrey's answer to recruiters was trayon is not interested. Another thing you never hear a peep out of this kid, I don't think he even has a twitter account

Advertisement
Back