Trayon Gray likely headed to juco

Advertisement
Advertisement
If all these guys grades are so bad, how are they allowed to play high school ball?!? What do they need 1.5 gpa to play? Those high school coaches need to show a lil more interest in the academics of these kids rather than just the athletics! How bout one of the sparq categories be gpa...(40time, vertical, shuttle, GPA..lol)

The Sliding scale is what kills these kids and the wonderful world of CORE GPAs! Yeah all you need is a 2.0gpa but most of these kids CORE grades are awful. (Btw, Thats 2.0 WEIGHTED. So gym class, music, step team, chorus all that BS.) So these cats be having 2.3 gpas but 1.2 core GPAs. Smh. So they can play ball every Friday night cuz they meet the standards. But college is another story.

The Sliding scale is what kills these kids and the wonderful world of CORE GPAs! Yeah all you need is a 2.0gpa but most of these kids CORE grades are awful. (Btw, Thats 2.0 WEIGHTED. So gym class, music, step team, chorus all that BS.) So these cats be having 2.3 gpas but 1.2 core GPAs. Smh. So they can play ball every Friday night cuz they meet the standards. But college is another story.

Actually the kids are what kills these kids.

Then I would say where are the Teachers, Coaches and Parents/Guardians?

That's crazy! Wish the Mods next interview with these South Florida coaches; will have questions on the measures-if any, they take to ensure these guys are not just working on the field but most importantly in the classroom.

Advertisement
For most of these kids..asking them to get a 2.0 Core GPA is like asking them to not sag their pants. You would get a, "WTF are you talkin about?" look from them. Lol. Sounds easy to us. But to them its football and everything else is second. These people tell them SOMEBODY will accept them into school with their 2.2 weighted gpa and 1.95 core Gpa. So thats how they feel.

Advertisement

Actually the kids are what kills these kids.

Then I would say where are the Teachers, Coaches and Parents/Guardians?

how is it the teachers fault? I teach high school and if my class was any easier (thanks to the guide lines of the state) my 4 year old will be able to pass it. Teachers have to waste 80% of their class time on all these test and not being able to teach actual material.

I take ANY report from ITU with a grain of salt, especially when it involves qualifying for schools. No one truly knows outside the school's administration.

Advertisement
For most of these kids..asking them to get a 2.0 Core GPA is like asking them to not sag their pants. You would get a, "WTF are you talkin about?" look from them. Lol. Sounds easy to us. But to them its football and everything else is second. These people tell them SOMEBODY will accept them into school with their 2.2 weighted gpa and 1.95 core Gpa. So thats how they feel.

Yeah but then they have to move to West Virginia or Kentucky for 4 years.

Advertisement
Back