Travonte Valentine

Uncle Jethro finally gonna close.

I can feel it.

From reading the article, it looks like Hurlie Brown is doing the heavy lifting.

Which gives me a little hope that we land him.

i'm starting to think Jetho isnt involved in recruiting anymore...... which should be the case.

Yes he is, actually most of the dts are being recruited mainly by Jethro. I get it everybody hates him and nobody has confidence in him but let him go hard this year which it seems like he's doing and let's see the results

i dont hate Jethro, I just thinks he is below terrible when it comes to recruiting. Hurlie Brown seems like he knows how to connect w/ recruits miles better then him. I think he should be the guy that is mainly recruiting the elite D-lineman of this class.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Valentine has admitted to having "grade problems " Lamont Gaillard's coach has talked about his grade issues these things just dont come up out of the blue.
The best coaches and recruiters who know about the grade issues of a player will get in his head on how to balance school and recruiting. If Valentine has real issues then I would tell him just like Gaillard to get through all of your visits during the summer and have at the worst a top 3 heading into school and then get it over with within your first month back to school. After that, you can focus on your books and the football field with the pressure of a decision locked in your mind.

I would suspect they will have summer school. For the highly rated players they dont need to camp they just need to narrow it down to a few schools to focus on.

From reading the article, it looks like Hurlie Brown is doing the heavy lifting.

i'm starting to think Jetho isnt involved in recruiting anymore...... which should be the case.

Yes he is, actually most of the dts are being recruited mainly by Jethro. I get it everybody hates him and nobody has confidence in him but let him go hard this year which it seems like he's doing and let's see the results

i dont hate Jethro, I just thinks he is below terrible when it comes to recruiting. Hurlie Brown seems like he knows how to connect w/ recruits miles better then Jethro. I think he should be the guy that is mainly recruiting the elite D-lineman of this class.

I personally don't think he is a good DL coach (X's and O's) but we can't just say he sucks at recruiting DL.

If we are using the logic that JETHRO RECRUITS THE DL, then somehow he is getting very DEs to come in and play for Miami. He seems to be striking out on DTs but the DEs are coming in and signing.

i dont hate Jethro, I just thinks he is below terrible when it comes to recruiting. Hurlie Brown seems like he knows how to connect w/ recruits miles better then Jethro. I think he should be the guy that is mainly recruiting the elite D-lineman of this class.

That would be a terrible idea. If you're dline coach isn't main recruiter and that same recruit is getting pursued hard by let's say Odell Haggins or whatever his name is from FSU then you can't blame the recruit for going elsewhere because our own coaching staff doesn't believe that Jethro should have the best relationship with the players he's going to coach. That's what this is about making relationships. I say he should be fired if he doesn't get the job done this year because everything is in place to finally get the guys here but Hurlie has rbs to focus on and some other players.

I personally don't think he is a good DL coach (X's and O's) but we can't just say he sucks at recruiting DL.

If we are using the logic that JETHRO RECRUITS THE DL, then somehow he is getting very DEs to come in and play for Miami. He seems to be striking out on DTs but the DEs are coming in and signing.

I dont think he had anything to do w/ getting Chickillo, Jelani, McCord, or AQM.

Advertisement

I dont think he had anything to do w/ getting Chickillo, Jelani, McCord, or AQM.

100% wrong, that's just not respecting him because now that's like saying Stacy Coley for example had no relationship with Carroll or McDonald when he admitted he loved them both. That was just an example but every position player has to get along with their position coach or it just doesn't work so you can't bash Jethro on one hand but give credit to other coaches for getting the players that they will coach

That would be a terrible idea. If you're dline coach isn't main recruiter and that same recruit is getting pursued hard by let's say Odell Haggins or whatever his name is from FSU then you can't blame the recruit for going elsewhere because our own coaching staff doesn't believe that Jethro should have the best relationship with the players he's going to coach. That's what this is about making relationships. I say he should be fired if he doesn't get the job done this year because everything is in place to finally get the guys here but Hurlie has rbs to focus on and some other players.

You dont need the main recruiter to be that persons position coach.

You dont need the main recruiter to be that persons position coach.

I agree, but if he's not the main recruiter for anybody then that's telling. Coley recruits any position and gets guys so I know this, but if I was a dline recruit and I see my dline coach isn't the main recruiter for any other dline players then I have to question why his own staff doesn't trust him and especially when he's going to coach them himself

can we get a DT that wants to come in and play? sheesh it seem like dudes are scared to come to a school and have the most potential at thier position

Advertisement

Pass the cocaine then.

Then let's stop (to the board) putting full blame on Jethro for the DL recruits in total if other coaches are recruiting them.

100% wrong, that's just not respecting him because now that's like saying Stacy Coley for example had no relationship with Carroll or McDonald when he admitted he loved them both. That was just an example but every position player has to get along with their position coach or it just doesn't work so you can't bash Jethro on one hand but give credit to other coaches for getting the players that they will coach

i understand what you are saying and i'm sure Jethro was there in some capacity but for example AQM is from jersey and that entire area is being recruited by Golden and Coach D.... Jelani and Chickillo were coming to Miami regardless, and McCord was sold b/c of Golden. I dont think Jethro had anything to do w/ the main reasons why those guys decided to come to UM.... unlike how FSU's Haggins can get DTs to commit soley b/c of him.

Jethro had been AQM recruiter since his sophomore year. So he knew enough about Franklin and wasn't turned off. By the logic that Jethro wasn't his main recruiter then he shouldn't be getting blamed for DT recruiting. Shouldn't Golden have been able to sell Bryant and Bostwick too? Who gets credit for the improved play of Pierre? We all think he is gonna be really good. Is that Franklin's coaching?

Jethro had been AQM recruiter since his sophomore year. So he knew enough about Franklin and wasn't turned off. By the logic that Jethro wasn't his main recruiter then he shouldn't be getting blamed for DT recruiting. Shouldn't Golden have been able to sell Bryant and Bostwick too? Who gets credit for the improved play of Pierre? We all think he is gonna be really good. Is that Franklin's coaching?

I don't get anything the fans say anymore.

This guy improves, it must have been the HC.

Chick sucks, that is on Jethro.

DE signs with Miami, must have been Golden.

DTs are not coming to Miami, must be Jethro.

Advertisement

I stopped understanding when everyone was going crazy about Pierre's emergence but still saying Jethro was worthless. **** if I know.

I stopped understanding when everyone was going crazy about Pierre's emergence but still saying Jethro was worthless. **** if I know.

For the record, I am not much of a fan of the guy. I just think it should be called both ways and there probably is a grey area which most canes fans are unable to see.

Advertisement

4 notable guys in 3 years? One of them would have came even if I were the DL coach. I expect a lot more from my DL coach.

You guys do know that coaches are responsible for recruiting certain areas, correct??

Of course the position coach is going to have contact with the recruit regardless of area, but Golden has spoken many times about assigning coaches to certain areas.

Advertisement
Back