Travonte Valentine

caneallday21

Senior
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla.–Defensive tackle Travonte Valentine is one of the top rated prospects in Florida for the Class of 2014. The Palm Bay (Fla.) Bayside product participated in the ESS Combine at Cardinal Gibbons High School in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., this past Sunday putting in some extra work and performed very well.

“[I did good],” Valentine said. “It was fun out here and it was good practice out here for me. I did what I do best and played football.”

While “Alabama, Tennessee and Miami” remain his top three without one clear leader, the Canes are making a hard push for his services. Coach Hurlie Brown has made a lot of headway with the former Florida commit.

“I’m visiting Miami Friday,” Valentine said. “I felt like home when I went to Miami and I was like ‘wow, this campus is amazing,’ so I can’t wait.”

Even though he had just visited UM’s campus at the end of March, Valentine wants to get another look. “I just want to go out there and have fun. I want to enjoy life and see some things I didn’t see before.”

Valentine, 6-foot-4 and 300-pounds, is planning to make his final college announcement in November.

Another visit coming up it's looking good for him but it is still early.

Advertisement
This kid needs stop visiting and head to the library otherwise all will ever do is visit UM. Come on son handle your business first, notice how he never mentions his academics or his plan to correct it.

Now if UM's plain is to make him absolutetely fall in love with campous and the school so even when he preps he is solid to UM then I am all for it. But this young man has in essence 2yrs to get his grades in order before august 2014. I am pulling for him.

Go canes

Advertisement
This kid needs stop visiting and head to the library otherwise all will ever do is visit UM. Come on son handle your business first, notice how he never mentions his academics or his plan to correct it.

Now if UM's plain is to make him absolutetely fall in love with campous and the school so even when he preps he is solid to UM then I am all for it. But this young man has in essence 2yrs to get his grades in order before august 2014. I am pulling for him.

Go canes

You have no idea what his grade situation is.

How dumb.

Advertisement

Go canes

How dumb.

The stuff with the grades is getting insane.

Unless you are the recruit, his guidance counselor/teacher or his parents/guardians…HOW DO YOU KNOW THE ISSUE WITH THE GRADES?

This stuff is private information and kept under lock and key. Anything you hear is hearsay, is 24/7 really asking for a quarterly report card?

Sure the kid can claim XYZ but who knows if the kid is even being honest. Miami knows and makes a decision based on that.

Go canes

How dumb.

Unless you are the recruit, his guidance counselor/teacher or his parents/guardians…HOW DO YOU KNOW THE ISSUE WITH THE GRADES?

This stuff is private information and kept under lock and key. Anything you hear is hearsay, is 24/7 really asking for a quarterly report card?

Sure the kid can claim XYZ but who knows if the kid is even being honest. Miami knows and makes a decision based on that.

Fair point, but if recruiting has taught us ANYTHING over the years, is if/when you hear "grades are a concern", its time to get concerned. When the grades issue pops up, more often than not it IS a problem.

Go canes

How dumb.

Fair point, but if recruiting has taught us ANYTHING over the years, is if/when you hear "grades are a concern", its time to get concerned. When the grades issue pops up, more often than not it IS a problem.

Why are you tutoring the kid? Why are you concerned? Shouldn't the staff be concerned or the recruit?

We hear this stuff all the time "grade concerns," sometimes it is legit and sometimes it is BS. The point is people are speculating on some small shread of possible truth. The reports/sites don't really know the GPA/MCAT/SAT unless the kid is telling the truth.

Advertisement
Valentine has admitted to having "grade problems " Lamont Gaillard's coach has talked about his grade issues these things just dont come up out of the blue.

Valentine has admitted to having "grade problems " Lamont Gaillard's coach has talked about his grade issues these things just dont come up out of the blue.

Dude, you've been banging this hammer home for MONTHS now. What point are you trying to prove? You've said it already. I think folks around here are well aware of your thoughts on Valentine's grade situation and the voracity of Valentine's seemingly legitimate interest in the 'Canes. In every Valentine thread that I see, you're either saying that his grades are a major issue, or he's a troll with no legitimate interest in anyone right now. It's annoying.

Advertisement
The best coaches and recruiters who know about the grade issues of a player will get in his head on how to balance school and recruiting. If Valentine has real issues then I would tell him just like Gaillard to get through all of your visits during the summer and have at the worst a top 3 heading into school and then get it over with within your first month back to school. After that, you can focus on your books and the football field with the pressure of a decision locked in your mind.

Uncle Jethro finally gonna close.

I can feel it.

From reading the article, it looks like Hurlie Brown is doing the heavy lifting.

Which gives me a little hope that we land him.

i'm starting to think Jetho isnt involved in recruiting anymore...... which should be the case.

Yes he is, actually most of the dts are being recruited mainly by Jethro. I get it everybody hates him and nobody has confidence in him but let him go hard this year which it seems like he's doing and let's see the results

Dude, you've been banging this hammer home for MONTHS now. What point are you trying to prove? You've said it already. I think folks around here are well aware of your thoughts on Valentine's grade situation and the voracity of Valentine's seemingly legitimate interest in the 'Canes. In every Valentine thread that I see, you're either saying that his grades are a major issue, or he's a troll with no legitimate interest in anyone right now. It's annoying.
I am not banging anything I didn't bring it up in this thread. I never said he didn't have legitimate interest in Miami. Somebody visits a school multiple times they have legitimate interest. Does he have bad grades what do you think?

Just stated something because people are jumping all over Paranos for making a legitimate point

Advertisement
Back