Travone Gray?

Martycane

Sophomore
[PLAYER]207[/PLAYER]
The other day, Richt complimented Gus, Yearby and Walton. Didn't mention Gray.
According to the WQAM interview today, as I understand it, he said we had three good backs.
Anybody know if anything is happening with Gray?

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Richt hasn't even gotten all the players names down yet. Maybe nothing or maybe Gray not standing out.

Gray isn't a rb. He doesn't have position and that's what's difficult about him. I would redshirt him and try him out at safety.

Gray isn't a rb. He doesn't have position and that's what's difficult about him. I would redshirt him and try him out at safety.

People were on about what a travesty it was that al wouldn't give him any carries. Is that wrong? I've heard people mention that they'd like to see him at wr, is he that out of place at RB?

Advertisement
According to the WQAM interview today, as I understand it, he said we had three good backs.

My guess is you won't hear Richt talk about anyone named "Travone"

He's pretty quick... Throw him in as DE on third and long. :eek:) Hey, sometimes you have to think outside the box.

But seriously, the kid has athletic ability. He needs to find a home somewhere, and redshirting him might give him that chance.

With the low numbers at WR this spring I would love them to try him out there. He would get a ton of reps and if it fails move him back to RB.

I agree with redshirting him to give the kid an opportunity to improve and find the right position for him

Something Golden completely failed to do

Last edited:
Advertisement

I think with the low #s he may be getting a look at WR. Anyone know what all positions he played in HS?

Advertisement
Hes prolly a jag

Or maybe change his position put him at db

While I'm not near ready to label the kid with jag status I can see a scenario where he does absolutely nothing here under 2 different coaches over 4-5 years and people somehow claim that he'll kill it in the NFL.

Gray has great straight line speed and strength and average hands. But he has some very fine rb's ahead of him.I expect Richt to get him the ball out in space where he can outrun linebackers and overwhelm cornerbacks. With Richt's desrire to have a punishing back I believe when Gus leaves he will get more burn next year.

I agree with redshirting him to give the kid an opportunity to improve and find the right posting for him

Not everything Al did was wrong-he did a lot of things right but he just didnt do enough of the things that really mattered right.

Advertisement
Never have understood all the hype and push for playing time for Gray. Golden royally f'd Gray by playing him 5 snaps his freshman year and not allowing him to redshirt. I think he is what he is and can be a contributor to the team in some wsy, but the other guys at running back are better.

I agree with redshirting him to give the kid an opportunity to improve and find the right posting for him

Not everything Al did was wrong-he did a lot of things right but he just didnt do enough of the things that really mattered right.

Ummm...what?

Not redshirting a kid (who clearly needed it) in an attempt to save your *** is "not doing something right" in my book.

Someone beat me to it but this sounds like Jason Geathers all over again. Only difference is Geathers showed major flashes at both positions at times. Gray has shown things here and there. Im hoping Richt convinces him to RS. He just isnt ready for any position right now. And you will look up and buddy will be a SR before you know it.

Advertisement
Back