Travone Gray?

Golden did very few things right, but saying not playing gray is one of them is ridiculous kid was probably the most dynamic of the backs

Advertisement
Never have understood all the hype and push for playing time for Gray. Golden royally f'd Gray by playing him 5 snaps his freshman year and not allowing him to redshirt. I think he is what he is and can be a contributor to the team in some wsy, but the other guys at running back are better.

Did he ever get any burn on special teams? Usually guys that are purported athletic freaks will at least flash on kickoffs and coverage. If he did get any burn on those, I honestly don't remember hearing his name or number called at all. This makes me think some guys on this board may have overestimated his athletic ability.

Gray has great straight line speed and strength and average hands. But he has some very fine rb's ahead of him.I expect Richt to get him the ball out in space where he can outrun linebackers and overwhelm cornerbacks. With Richt's desrire to have a punishing back I believe when Gus leaves he will get more burn next year.

Gus is coming back next year, most likely...

2 days in pads. Practice #4 . Give it time. Don't rush to judgement from one interview and lack of mention. If he needs to switch positions, that will be determined probably during this spring.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back