Travis Williams Officially Gone!

Siiiiiiiiiiiigh; why do ya’ll do this to me so often?

Over 15 yrs:
UCF: 128 - 76* (Seven 10+ win seasons, 8 divisional titles, 6 Conference Titles, 4 bowl wins, 2 NY6 bowl appearances, 1 NY6 bowl victory)

Miami: 121 - 83 (One 10+ win season, 1 divisional title, 0 Conference Titles, 2 bowl wins, 1 NY6 bowl appearance, 0 NY6 bowl victories)

*This includes UCF going 0-12 one season!

This lateral or step down move jibberish is O&G glasses talk. UCF has been a way more successful program than us in the last 15 yrs, which marked our downfall. We would kill to have these results. Plus, we’re talking about a position coach becoming a Co-Ordinator (in my Ludacris voice), and I’m fa sho certain it’s a step up in salary. This is far from a lateral move.

As I said before, I don’t like it, I’m not going to wish him good luck or n-e of that bull chit. He ain’t fam & he didn’t coach here, so fck him & his endeavors; BUT, I totally respect & understand y he did it. He has zero loyalties to us, and he has 100% loyalty to himself, fam, and future ambitions.

Don't understand why people are such bozos around here that you gotta type all this out. And sadly, people still won't understand.

I can make a very compelling argument that UCF is the best G5 job in the country. They just hired a dude who has multiple wins over Nick Saban and has never had a losing record in the toughest division in the sport. If people think being the DC, calling plays, for that program is a step down, or even a lateral move, to coaching a position group consisting of 5 kids at The University of Miami should be grounds for being sterilized.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don't understand why people are such bozos around here that you gotta type all this out. And sadly, people still won't understand.

I can make a very compelling argument that UCF is the best P5 job in the country. They just hired a dude who has multiple wins over Nick Saban and has never had a losing record in the toughest division in the sport. If people think being the DC, calling plays, for that program is a step down, or even a lateral move, to coaching a position group consisting of 5 kids at The University of Miami should be grounds for being sterilized.
i assume g5 but yes its a good job nonetheless. he got a promotion being a DC. he doesnt want to be a lifetime position coach. hes gonna have to be a DC somewhere before getting a p5 opportunity and the only other way was gus getting hired at a p5 school (similar to muschamp making t rob his DC)

Siiiiiiiiiiiigh; why do ya’ll do this to me so often?

Over 15 yrs:
UCF: 128 - 76* (Seven 10+ win seasons, 8 divisional titles, 6 Conference Titles, 4 bowl wins, 2 NY6 bowl appearances, 1 NY6 bowl victory)

Miami: 121 - 83 (One 10+ win season, 1 divisional title, 0 Conference Titles, 2 bowl wins, 1 NY6 bowl appearance, 0 NY6 bowl victories)

*This includes UCF going 0-12 one season!

This lateral or step down move jibberish is O&G glasses talk. UCF has been a way more successful program than us in the last 15 yrs, which marked our downfall. We would kill to have these results. Plus, we’re talking about a position coach becoming a Co-Ordinator (in my Ludacris voice), and I’m fa sho certain it’s a step up in salary. This is far from a lateral move.

As I said before, I don’t like it, I’m not going to wish him good luck or n-e of that bull chit. He ain’t fam & he didn’t coach here, so fck him & his endeavors; BUT, I totally respect & understand y he did it. He has zero loyalties to us, and he has 100% loyalty to himself, fam, and future ambitions.
It’s still a lateral move to me. If he kills it at UCF he can propel it into nice gig. If he doesn’t he’ll be back on the market coaching LBs. At Miami, if he killled here he’d have the opportunity to do the same thing. You can bring up UCFs record, but it’s still a G5 job against G5 comp. it’s not the same

1613610591815.gif
I wholeheartedly agree with the bottom. His ambition is to be a DC and then a HC clearly. I don’t blame him for taking this opportunity at all

No because he clearly wanted to get away from Malzahn, who would run the offense then blame the assistants when things went poorly.
He still went from a P5 OC to a G5 OC so he could do things his way and prove himself.

If Williams actually gets to call the defense at UCF, it's not a dissimilar situation.

i assume g5 but yes its a good job nonetheless. he got a promotion being a DC. he doesnt want to be a lifetime position coach. hes gonna have to be a DC somewhere before getting a p5 opportunity and the only other way was gus getting hired at a p5 school (similar to muschamp making t rob his DC)

Yeah, I edited it, my bad. Obviously meant G5.

Advertisement
It’s still a lateral move to me. If he kills it at UCF he can propel it into nice gig. If he doesn’t he’ll be back on the market coaching LBs. At Miami, if he killled here he’d have the opportunity to do the same thing. You can bring up UCFs record, but it’s still a G5 job against G5 comp. it’s not the same

View attachment 143584I wholeheartedly agree with the bottom. His ambition is to be a DC and then a HC clearly. I don’t blame him for taking this opportunity at all

you said he'd have the opportunity to do it somewhere if he killed it here. the issue w that is that he got the job offer to be the DC. he didnt have to kill it here to do it. why turn down a good DC job at a good g5 only to get an opportunity later on at a worse school (if uCF isnt open then). he was never ever going to get that shot here to be DC and he didnt earn that shot here to get it just bc UCf was interested. im glad we didnt panic and make him DC even in title just to keep him. you can find another LB coach and he likely wouldn't have been here long anyways. UCF is a great first gig as a DC for him.

He still went from a P5 OC to a G5 OC so he could do things his way and prove himself.

If Williams actually gets to call the defense at UCF, it's not a dissimilar situation.
gus aint calling the d so itll be him. good news is we still kept t rob (who doesnt have ties to gus like williams does)

Banda left a Safety coach job at Miami to be DC at Utah State. TWill left a LB coach job at Miami to be DC at UCF.

I don’t see an issue with any of it. Is Utah State really that much better of a job than UCF???

I’d rather be at UCF than Utah State.

Advertisement
you said he'd have the opportunity to do it somewhere if he killed it here. the issue w that is that he got the job offer to be the DC. he didnt have to kill it here to do it. why turn down a good DC job at a good g5 only to get an opportunity later on at a worse school (if uCF isnt open then). he was never ever going to get that shot here to be DC and he didnt earn that shot here to get it just bc UCf was interested. im glad we didnt panic and make him DC even in title just to keep him. you can find another LB coach and he likely wouldn't have been here long anyways. UCF is a great first gig as a DC for him.
I never said he shouldn’t have taken that job. I don’t blame him one bit. It’s still a lateral move Imo because if he is ave or poor there he’s likely not getting a P5 DC Opp. If he killed it here he likely still gets a look at a DC spot at the g5 level or imo P5 level based on the fact it proves he could get it done in the SEC and at a place like Miami. And I think we all agree he wasn’t gonna do bad at Miami. So That means he still showed he can recruit with the big boys and develop a particular group. That’s a good look on a resume. If u make a comparison to Banda who just left a safeties position to run a defense Twills even looks better because it’s a longer track record.

Now, He had ties with Gus. That relationship clearly played a HUGE part. Just like we lament our HCs for playing buddy ball with hires, well that’s exactly what happened here. And there’s nothing wrong with it because I understand a lot of these oops are about relationships. And clearly Gus trust him from Auburn.

I agree I don’t think realistically he would’ve gotten a DC opportunity here. He has a chance at UCF to take the career trajectory he wants. I’m all for that. But IMHO he could’ve accomplished the same goal by killing it at Miami

The DC job at Miami has already been decided, look no further then the man playing the mild mannered Analyst as our next DC. Im sure everyone on the staff is aware of this and thus T-WILL Reason to make a career move to UCF.. Congrads to the man for jumping on success.
I haven’t really kept up on things lately...but how is Shoop becoming the DC? Assuming TWill gets replaced, aren’t we at the max # of on field coaches? So are we expecting someone to leave/be let go or the NCAA to increase the # of on field coaches? Or do you just mean he would be the “DC”, but from the analyst role? Genuinely curious what leads people to keep mentioning this.

Banda left a Safety coach job at Miami to be DC at Utah State. TWill left a LB coach job at Miami to be DC at UCF.

I don’t see an issue with any of it. Is Utah State really that much better of a job than UCF???

I’d rather be at UCF than Utah State.
I’d rather Orlando then Utah state. Utah state has 3 double digit win szns since 2010. That’s 3 behind ucf...fun fact: Utah state only needs 1 natty to catch UCF..so in reality not too much of a difference

I’d rather Orlando then Utah state. Utah state has 3 double digit win szns since 2010. That’s 3 behind ucf...fun fact: Utah state only needs 1 natty to catch UCF..so in reality not too much of a difference
**** thats 2 more double digit seasons than miami haha

Advertisement
**** thats 2 more double digit seasons than miami haha
Lmao true. But in fairness if we were in the AaaaC or whatever we’d have a few more “Nattys” like UCF. There’s still a clear drop off in talent from top to bottom in the G5 compared to P5

He’s an idiot or a shtick. The man got a dc job over being a position coach. People are stupid

Williams just got 600k per year from UCF to be DC. Last year only ONE LB coach in the country made more than 600k, Sal Sunsieri from Bama (made 625k). Yet there will be parade of mopey asshats who claim that Miami doesn't play big boy football because it didn't try to top UCFs offer to Williams as a DC and make him into the highest paid LB coach in the country after two weeks on staff.

You know, there are many, many valid reasons to criticize Diaz and the program, and lots of other examples of where Miami doesn't act like one of the big time programs. This isn’t one of them. A position coach leaving UM for a pay raise, promotion to DC, and the ability working with someone he knows well at the largest public university in Florida doesn't place UM in a negative light at all. Such a weird hill for the mopes to die on.

I initially thought that posters were being sarcastic when they criticized Miami for not giving him a raise and promotion as that is the type of dumb panic move we've come to expect over the last few years. But turns out they were actually serious and their terminal case of Diaz Derangement Syndrome has progressed more rapidly than expected.

Last edited:

View attachment 143584I wholeheartedly agree with the bottom. His ambition is to be a DC and then a HC clearly. I don’t blame him for taking this opportunity at all

Lol; why the Samuel L Jackson Pulp Fiction, though??? Lol. And we basically play a G5 schedule & when we have played actual G5 teams........

Nvm.

Advertisement

I can make a very compelling argument that UCF is the best G5 job in the country. They just hired a dude who has multiple wins over Nick Saban and has never had a losing record in the toughest division in the sport. If people think being the DC, calling plays, for that program is a step down, or even a lateral move, to coaching a position group consisting of 5 kids at The University of Miami should be grounds for being sterilized.

Man; I don’t know what more to say bro. LolLike it literally boggles my mind. UCF is indeed a top tier G5 gig...but dude, HE’S AFFORDED AN OPPORTUNITY TO BE HIS OWN BOSS ON THE DEFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL FOR MORE MONEY! Lol.

Ppl arguing “he would’ve or could’ve been our future DC” is literally wishful assumptions & a narrative that’s just not true. Him becoming a DC, now, receiving a pay increase, now...that’s tangible & real. But brethren I digress.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back