Travis Williams Officially Gone!

Advertisement
He’s a rising star with SEC co-coordinator and position coach experience. Being a G5 DC isn’t something that he seems under qualified for.
It was a title only. Nobody co-coordinates with Kevin Steele. Dude is a control freak by all accounts. I could maybe see him as a DC at a MAC school, but going from an LB coach to DC at a G5 major is a bit of a stretch. Not saying it won’t happen, but it seems like a stretch hire.

I had a boss who once asked me if I was looking for another job. I said, "Why, do you know of something available? Does it pay more?" The idea that we should be upset that a good coach would take a position to advance his career is insane. How long was Cristobal here? Yet people still want him to be our HC. This just means that in a few years, there will be a segment of people here who will clamor for him regardless of his record.

Advertisement
Manny will be selling the job for next year to Twill.

UCF D coordinator this year? Or Miami D coordinator next year?
Manny needs to go ahead and Co-DC both TWill and TRob. Then we'll figure out the Shoop situation after 2021 because who knows, Twill and others might be offered the whole DEF room again but at a P5 school. Hard to plan ahead in the college football coaching carousel world. Manny has to STRIKE NOW

If UCF is paying him more I get it. If not it’s a lateral move Imo. But at the same time if DC is his ambition it’s hard to pass up a opportunity if it’s legit opportunity

Advertisement
It was a title only. Nobody co-coordinates with Kevin Steele. Dude is a control freak by all accounts. I could maybe see him as a DC at a MAC school, but going from an LB coach to DC at a G5 major is a bit of a stretch. Not saying it won’t happen, but it seems like a stretch hire.
I don’t think it’s a stretch. We see guys getting promoted this way all the time. By all accounts, TWill is a rising star as well. Either way, won’t lose too much sleep. We should be able to attract a similarly accomplished position coach.

Manny should know enough to ask for a first year commitment from someone before he hires them. At least a look me in the eye moral commitment. If they won't give you that, you should know this ain't where they want to be. The coaching profession is a network business so people wouldn't take that sort of commitment lightly.

The quit before you start thing is a real detriment to our continuity in recruiting and planning. I don't fault T Will for doing what's in his interest. I do wonder whether we were clear enough about what he wants to do.

Manny should know enough to ask for a first year commitment from someone before he hires them. At least a look me in the eye moral commitment. If they won't give you that, you should know this ain't where they want to be. The coaching profession is a network business so people wouldn't take that sort of commitment lightly.

The quit before you start thing is a real detriment to our continuity in recruiting and planning. I don't fault T Will for doing what's in his interest. I do wonder whether we were clear enough about what he wants to do.
lol it doesnt matter if he did or didnt. coaches lie all the time. everyone in every profession will look for the better opportunity whether its role change or pay raise. no one is loyal to any job. youre loyal to your family and professional ambitions. thats it

Advertisement
lol it doesnt matter if he did or didnt. coaches lie all the time. everyone in every profession will look for the better opportunity whether its role change or pay raise. no one is loyal to any job. youre loyal to your family and professional ambitions. thats it
it matters to his reputation, if he lied. it's a small world. i am definitely NOT calling him a liar. I just wondered aloud if manny asked him for a commitment. my guess is he didn't.

Advertisement

Like the one he gave Temple?

I get what you're saying but for Manny to do that would actually be rich.

Hopefully, there's a huge buyout and Miami at least gets some money out of this bull****
I mean, Miami stole Temple's head coach after they only had him for a few days so can't really complain too much about a position coaching being poached after a few days.

Advertisement
Back