Travis Williams Officially Gone!

Advertisement
T-Will during first LB meeting: "Guys we have an all-conference player in this room!"

T-Will after first LB meeting:

tom hanks running GIF

Advertisement
Is this source legit btw?

Well it’s a guy that works for ESPN, but he’s not a high profile ESPN guy.

ESPN has a lot of marginal guys working for them, I think this is one of them.

I just don’t know if this guy is good at breaking stuff or not, and I don’t know how good his sources are.

He’s the only one saying it so far.

So while that doesn’t answer your question, it gives me a reason for pause. But it could be true - I’m taking it seriously enough.

EDIT: The fact that he used to play for Auburn and gives him more credibility in terms of Malzahn (thanks to @OrangeBowlMagic)

Advertisement
At least it feels better knowing that other programs would actually like to have some of our assistants on their staff.
Yea its kind of like we were headed in the right direction. It’s just a job for these coaches. They come on and say how happy they are to be here with the great U brand and history. unless they land a manny miracle and get their dream job where they coach doesn’t really matter.

Yea its kind of like we were headed in the right direction. It’s just a job for these coaches. They come on and say how happy they are to be here with the great U brand and history. unless they land a manny miracle and get their dream job where they coach doesn’t really matter.

correct.

Advertisement

An assistant’s dream job is the next one that moves him one more rung up the ladder.

Hopefully the school lawyers were smart enough to put a poison pill in the contract for at least one year, so if he does leave it will cost UCF an arm and leg.
Unfortunately that's not very common and we're probably even less likely to do it. Perhaps after Luigi's treason had we actually become a respectable program and won a few games then mayyyybe we would've started doing it on occasion but we're not in any sort of spot to be trying to lure "higher profile" assistants AND making them sign restrictive contracts.

Advertisement
Hate it just for the recruiting loss. Kids respect T-WILL , it will hurt to lose him. Just wish Manny would give up the DC spot.

Advertisement
Back