Travis Rudolphs father

caneallday21

Senior
Jimmy Puma ‏@DirtySouthCanes 1h
Spoke to Travis Rudolph's dad yesterday. He wants his son to re-commit and sign with #TheU The dad is a big Cane fan.

Apparently Travis Rudolphs dad is the biggest recruiter we have for Rudolph, possibly a Jacoby Brissette situation?

Advertisement
If the staff can forgive the kid? Are u guys serious? The staff isn't hurt like u. He didn't do anything wrong, really.
But, if I'm the staff, this is it. No visits, official or unofficial and u shut down recruiting and tell all other schools not to bother. And Walsh can monitor that stuff.

If the staff can forgive the kid? Are u guys serious? The staff isn't hurt like u. He didn't do anything wrong, really.
But, if I'm the staff, this is it. No visits, official or unofficial and u shut down recruiting and tell all other schools not to bother. And Walsh can monitor that stuff.

Hurt? I'm not hurt I just thought he was disrespectful for bashing the staff to the media, now if you shut this down then what was the point of inviting him?

Advertisement

Hurt? I'm not hurt I just thought he was disrespectful for bashing the staff to the media, now if you shut this down then what was the point of inviting him?

So telling the truth is considered bashing? Staff messed up, not the kids fault. You have two coaches telling you two separate stories. Head coach saying one thing, and another coach saying something else.

Advertisement
I thought the staff wanted him at db and he wants to play wr? Somebody has to give........ correct? I could just be behind on my recruit gossip.

I thought the staff wanted him at db and he wants to play wr? Somebody has to give........ correct?

Jimmy Puma ‏@DirtySouthCanes 3h
@DanielTummeley yeah, he specifically said, "I'm trying to tell him Florida runs the ball too much." - LOL

If that's true then I guess the staff changed their minds and will let him play wr

Advertisement

So telling the truth is considered bashing? Staff messed up, not the kids fault. You have two coaches telling you two separate stories. Head coach saying one thing, and another coach saying something else.

Your exactly right. How would you feel if you are a high school WR that wont's to play WR in college, but two coaches are telling you that you will play two different position on the team (DB & WR). I love my Canes, but put yourself in the young mans position. The young man needs clarity, because this can be a life changing decision.

Your exactly right. How would you feel if you are a high school WR that wont's to play WR in college, but two coaches are telling you that you will play two different position on the team (DB & WR). I love my Canes, but put yourself in the young mans position. The young man needs clarity, because this can be a life changing decision.

Respectfully, I disagree.

I want kids on this team that will play wherever they are needed. Selflessness over selfishness.

We have enough WR. Gonna be hard enough to keep these current kids satisfied with enough touches.

Advertisement
I hope this is all true, as Rudolph has shown great athleticism during Spring camps. But I have a hard time believing we'll wait for him to recommit until the all star game. Lane is waiting until signing day. His will be the only spot we'll keep open at WR, no way we're going to get burnt a second time like we did at DT this last class. So if Lane goes elsewhere, then Rudolph can have that open seat; otherwise, he needs to lock it down sooner, because I don't expect we'll take more than 2-3 WRs, given the ships we have available and the WR talent & depth already on roster. Any my guess is the STA kid is taking a spot soon.

p.s. And I'd rather take Winky at QB and only 2 WRs than 3 WRs and no Winky.

Last edited:

I want kids on this team that will play wherever they are needed. Selflessness over selfishness.

Both of you guys are right, I have no problem with him being mad and he should and also if he wanted to do whatever the coaches needed from him I would love that too, I just hate HOW he did it. It's like if he signed with UM and didn't like what Carroll was telling him for example and he's struggling on the field instead of going to Carrolls office and talking man to man he would go to the media and complain it's about how you approach the situation.

I wish all players would be selfless too. In reality we are talking about very talented young players, that play against the best high school athletes in the country, with huge egos. I was a long and triple jumper in college, if my college recruiter would have recruited as as a distance runner, I would have looked for alternative options. I love my university, but before I officially joined my university, I loved my specialty more.

Advertisement
Back