Travis Rudolph is back from his visit...

Advertisement
The way I see it we have a chance to land Lane, Cook, J.C Jackson, T.Rudolph, Dixon, Pelon,Street, and Sony

The way I see it we have a chance to land Lane, Cook, J.C Jackson, T.Rudolph, Dixon, Pelon,Street, and Sony

Every year we feel the same around this time but come NSD we'll be luckey if we can land just 1 of those guys.

Nice to hear Rudolph forgave our staff for mixing up his name card. How nice of him.

Advertisement
FWIW, Bakas said he had it from a good source that Dixon was going to pick OSU. So maybe the delay is a good thing. Dont know, Ive been concerned about this kid for a while. Whenever Alabama, OSU, LSU, or other SEC programs are involved with a South Florida kid, it has trouble written all over it.

FWIW, Bakas said he had it from a good source that Dixon was going to pick OSU. So maybe the delay is a good thing. Dont know, Ive been concerned about this kid for a while. Whenever Alabama, OSU, LSU, or other SEC programs are involved with a South Florida kid, it has trouble written all over it.

Its pretty obvious that is what happened. Its a positive turn in regards to his recruitment as a whole, but it shows that one of our supposed 'locks' wasnt a lock at all. The disheartening part is that once again the staff was feeling strongly about someone and the truth was that recruit was being stolen from right up under them. It happened with Bostwick, Collins, Kirkland and MT last year. Its gonna be an all out fight for everyone, and the reality of the matter is while we are the home team for most of the big names, the money just isnt on us.....

Lastly Bakas is such ******.....

Advertisement

Its pretty obvious that is what happened. Its a positive turn in regards to his recruitment as a whole, but it shows that one of our supposed 'locks' wasnt a lock at all. The disheartening part is that once again the staff was feeling strongly about someone and the truth was that recruit was being stolen from right up under them. It happened with Bostwick, Collins, Kirkland and MT last year. Its gonna be an all out fight for everyone, and the reality of the matter is while we are the home team for most of the big names, the money just isnt on us.....

Just annoying as the kid has been here a ton of times. And then he's just going to pack up and go to some school he's seen one time. Am not going to throw the "money" issue around, as I have nothing to base it on, but anyone who doesnt think that goes on, is living in denial. I find it highly suspect when a kid that has been here so many times and has been so close to our program, just up and goes somewhere he's been to one time. Especially to a program with a shady HC, and a team whose QB is a glorified RB. Bama I could understand, with Saban, being defending National Champions, and all the hype there, but OSU? Something stinks there IMO.

This is what happens when teams camp out on our area and cherry pick.

You guys really have no idea the feeling of leaving And experiencing a real college atmosphere in a college town. It's an amazing experience And you only get one opportunity to have it.

The U doesn't have that true college feel to it unfortunately. Some kids love the feel of being in a new place.

The U offers a big city and clubs and boastful weather and women. But some kids just want that college feel

We don't know if the staff was feeling strongly about Dixon. Everyone's just guessing based on internet rumors started by guys who have no clue what they're talking about. As I speculated when we started ratcheting up the heat on Lane again last week, maybe that was a sign that we didn't feel so confident about Dixon.

Advertisement

Just annoying as the kid has been here a ton of times. And then he's just going to pack up and go to some school he's seen one time. Am not going to throw the "money" issue around, as I have nothing to base it on, but anyone who doesnt think that goes on, is living in denial. I find it highly suspect when a kid that has been here so many times and has been so close to our program, just up and goes somewhere he's been to one time. Especially to a program with a shady HC, and a team whose QB is a glorified RB. Bama I could understand, with Saban, being defending National Champions, and all the hype there, but OSU? Something stinks there IMO.

Take the Orange and Green glasses off for a second. I think the kid obviously likes our program, but lets not act that a recruit cant still be apprehensive about our direction, especially with a weasel like Meyer in his ear. On top of that you are selling OSU short here, they are a top tier program, regardless of the hate Canes have for them, and why wouldnt an offensive skill player not want to play for Meyer? People laugh at the Percy Harvin line, but why wouldnt a kid be open to giving the pitch a listen? Meyer has won big everywhere he has gone, and has only lost once in two years at OSU. Like I said though, the disheartening part still remains that we thought we had this kid and it wasnt the case. The staff is strong in recruiting but if we ever expect to return to elite status we must hit on a majority of the local studs.....

We don't know if the staff was feeling strongly about Dixon. Everyone's just guessing based on internet rumors started by guys who have no clue what they're talking about. As I speculated when we started ratcheting up the heat on Lane again last week, maybe that was a sign that we didn't feel so confident about Dixon.

Fair enough, it can go either way. Lots of BS out there no doubt, but Im not gonna believe everybody is full of ****. Look at the Kirkland situation, we were getting reports that the staff felt Kirkland was a Cane. They did and didnt find out they were getting played til Coley joined the staff.

Take the Orange and Green glasses off for a second. I think the kid obviously likes our program, but lets not act that a recruit cant still be apprehensive about our direction, especially with a weasel like Meyer in his ear. On top of that you are selling OSU short here, they are a top tier program, regardless of the hate Canes have for them, and why wouldnt an offensive skill player not want to play for Meyer? People laugh at the Percy Harvin line, but why wouldnt a kid be open to giving the pitch a listen? Meyer has won big everywhere he has gone, and has only lost once in two years at OSU. Like I said though, the disheartening part still remains that we thought we had this kid and it wasnt the case. The staff is strong in recruiting but if we ever expect to return to elite status we must hit on a majority of the local studs.....

I have been thinking along these lines as well.

Though we are the local team, we have been irrelevant on the national stage for roughly 10 years. Meanwhile, we are competing against the Alabama's, Ohio State's and LSU's of the world who have been killing it during the same duration.

We have not helped ourselves at all and it has cost us bigtime.

Advertisement

I dont disagree with most of that. If you have read what I post on these boards, you would know Im certainly not the guy who thinks we are going to land every kid, or every So Fla recruit. Im well aware that many kids want to leave for their own reasons. What bothers me are the particulars of THIS situation. The kid has been here reportedly as many as 12 times. Supposedly has been all about us and close to the program for a long time. He's been to OSU ONCE. Its not like Meyer's offense is great for WRs. How many years can he keep selling the Percy Harvin fantasy to people?

Again, if you told me the kid was going to Bama, or FSU, if you told me he had been to OSU a bunch of times, grown up an OSU fan, had a long standing relationship with Meyer, or that he has never really been that close to UM, or seemed indifferent to us, sure it would all make sense. But there are just too many factors here that bother me about the OSU angle.

Can't see Rudolph ending up here. Kids who decommitt here usually do not recommit no matter how much of a lock they seem to be (Collins).

You guys really have no idea the feeling of leaving And experiencing a real college atmosphere in a college town. It's an amazing experience And you only get one opportunity to have it.

The U doesn't have that true college feel to it unfortunately. Some kids love the feel of being in a new place.

The U offers a big city and clubs and boastful weather and women. But some kids just want that college feel

I would never trade. I will strongly disagree.

Advertisement
Back