Travis Rudolph is back from his visit...

bomb

Band
Banned
Excerpts:

Rudolph: I saw how genuine UM coaches are

Rudolph says Miami coaches are recruiting him hard, and says what got UM back in it for him is that "I saw how genuine they are."

Rudolph says "Yes, I am considering Miami. My options are open, and I'm looking at a lot of schools."

Today's visit was unofficial, and he hasn't set up an official visit date to UM.

He told CaneSport today that, in his mind, Miami "wasn't ever really out of it, were always still on my list. It's just we recently got back in touch."

Coach Jethro Franklin is his primary recruiter, and Rudolph says "We get along real well, I like him a lot and he's a great coach."

Adding more intrigue to Rudolph's renewed interest in Miami is his good friend Johnnie Dixon...

If Dixon opts for the Canes it's conceivable that would further help Miami with Rudolph.

* In other UM recruiting news, Johnnie Dixon has postponed his announcement following a visit to Miami this weekend. He says he will now announce next week.

* Cory Johnson was another official visitor on campus this weekend, and he told CaneSport afterward that he has no immediate plans to change up his Kentucky commitment.

Advertisement
"I saw how genuine the coaching staff is..."

Put that in the category of, "Stuff kids will NEVER say about Urban Meyer or Nick Sabin."

Its of no surprise to me that a young man would describe Jethro as "sincere." That's an accurate description.

He's a genuinely good dude.

Bakas was on record saying he thought this kid Cory Johnson would flip this weekend. Interesting to see that's not gonna happen, at least not immediately.

Lol @ this class if Miami landed Cook, Rudolph and Dixon.

Advertisement
Bakas was on record saying he thought this kid Cory Johnson would flip this weekend. Interesting to see that's not gonna happen, at least not immediately.

Mike doesn't know. He just plays the odds. Figures UM vs KU = UM.

Cory Johnson was quoted as saying even if he decides to flip his commitment, no one would know about it until after he completes his visits. He's got one visit left to Texas Tech.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Closing on guys like Rudolph, Dixon, Cook, etc. is what will get us back to elite level. That's the type of recruiting you need year in and year out to win.

Closing on guys like Rudolph, Dixon, Cook, etc. is what will get us back to elite level. That's the type of recruiting you need year in and year out to win.

Yep.

And that's the way it's supposed to be down here. You obviously can't get everybody, but we should get the majority of our top targets every year.

Advertisement

Yup, it may sound like a broken record but its true. Get the best players here and we will be a monster. Don't and we will be what we are. We have gotten a few and are getting more but it's not enough. I know you can't get all of them, but get 3/4 of them and we will be able to play with anyone.

Advertisement
Back