Travis Hunter

Advertisement
If he stays there and it all goes to plan, he'll still go in the 1st round.

There's no denying though that continuing where he is will likely cost him draft spots.

If he gets in any kind of trouble, it'll be more spots.

Travis didn't have any off the field trouble like Moss did prior to Marshall (ND and FSU let him go), but everyone knew Moss was a generational talent and some say the best ever. He fell to spot #21.

There will always be doubters, but this young man has talent. Health willing, he'll play in the NFL. His draft stock will suffer though and he could be honing his skills somewhere against the best though. The NFL is a big step up, but he's making it bigger than it needs to be.

The one thing though I think that is somewhat overlooked is he'll be getting coaching from maybe the best to ever play the position. So long as he stays there.

If he stays there and it all goes to plan, he'll still go in the 1st round.

There's no denying though that continuing where he is will likely cost him draft spots.

If he gets in any kind of trouble, it'll be more spots.

Travis didn't have any off the field trouble like Moss did prior to Marshall (ND and FSU let him go), but everyone knew Moss was a generational talent and some say the best ever. He fell to spot #21.

There will always be doubters, but this young man has talent. Health willing, he'll play in the NFL. His draft stock will suffer though and he could be honing his skills somewhere against the best though. The NFL is a big step up, but he's making it bigger than it needs to be.

The one thing though I think that is somewhat overlooked is he'll be getting coaching from maybe the best to ever play the position. So long as he stays there.

I look at it like this. You want the 2nd contract anyway and the further he drops in the 1st round the better team he will more than likely land with. Going to Minny turned out to be a blessing for Moss. Catching passes from Cunningham, with Smith in the backfield, Chris Carter & Jake Reed at WR allowed him to set an NFL record his rookie year. So it wasn’t so bad. Same as TO. He got drafted to San Fran with Rice & JJ Stokes.

As for honing your skills against the best talent, like 95% of the guys he play at p5 won’t make the league anyway. Like I said, if a player dominates and he measures well they will get drafted. Dion Jordan had 5 sacks and went number 3. Jamarcus Russell threw 80 yards on his knees and went number 1. But Laquan Treadwell killed it in the SEC but diminutive D2 Tyrik Hill turned out be a better playmaker. Man the draft is fluid.

There’s really no consistency when it comes to the draft. And it’s a crapshoot on whoever is drafted

Lionel Ritchie What GIF

I look at it like this. You want the 2nd contract anyway and the further he drops in the 1st round the better team he will more than likely land with. Going to Minny turned out to be a blessing for Moss. Catching passes from Cunningham, with Smith in the backfield, Chris Carter & Jake Reed at WR allowed him to set an NFL record his rookie year. So it wasn’t so bad. Same as TO. He got drafted to San Fran with Rice & JJ Stokes.

As for honing your skills against the best talent, like 95% of the guys he play at p5 won’t make the league anyway. Like I said, if a player dominates and he measures well they will get drafted. Dion Jordan had 5 sacks and went number 3. Jamarcus Russell threw 80 yards on his knees and went number 1. But Laquan Treadwell killed it in the SEC but diminutive D2 Tyrik Hill turned out be a better playmaker. Man the draft is fluid.

There’s really no consistency when it comes to the draft. And it’s a crapshoot on whoever is drafted
They also did something Travis hasn't done yet.... Played a down of College Football.... Let the young man play a season and see how it goes....

Advertisement

All true but

Tyreek Hill was at Oklahoma St and got kicked out and basically had to go D2. He was never a D2 talent.

Advertisement
Back