Travis Hunter In the Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I agree it is silly
Serious question. What did people want prime to do? lol he was a football coach and accomplished everything he set out to do. JSU was also on janky business
I have no problem in what he did but don’t lie and say you wanted to make a significant impact in how HBCUs are looked at.

Deion cares about Deion and if others benefit collaterally good for them. He did a lot for JSU and for HBCUs and he should be commended for that

But this notion that he can’t be criticized at all based on his own words about how he was all about HBCUs only to take the first offer from a PWI is ridiculous.

He deserves praise AND criticism.

I agree it is silly

I have no problem in what he did but don’t lie and say you wanted to make a significant impact in how HBCUs are looked at.

Deion cares about Deion and if others benefit collaterally good for them. He did a lot for JSU and for HBCUs and he should be commended for that

But this notion that he can’t be criticized at all based on his own words about how he was all about HBCUs only to take the first offer from a PWI is ridiculous.

I think he made a big impact for HBCUs in his time there tbh esp in recruiting. Deion was never gonna be a lifer. it was just a job and he earned his next promotion.

Don’t fall for any of this garbage. They was put out there on purpose to avoid tampering.
It’s so obvious. Wait until he gives an interview saying he hasn’t decided yet right before committing to CO.

Advertisement
I agree it is silly

I agree he deserves both but he did make an impact. And he set a standard. Maybe the next legend who coaches a HBCU will actually get the support Deion didn’t get

There's a reason we weren't all in on Ricks. We've been working Hunter behind the scenes for quite a while to play opposite of Cormani. You heard it here first.

I'm kidding, I haven't heard jack. What a great ending it would be though if it were true.

He's just a polarizing dude, so people will always have strong opinions on him.

Same as literally since he played at FSU. When you're that loud, people will always have their takes on everything. But it's what makes him who he is.
Prime is prime. You get what you sign up for. **** that’s why I expect Colorado fans to be loud and obnoxious here soon.

Advertisement
For a guy named prime time he went from pity televised on the home shopping network to 11pm EST pac12 games. Yikes.

Advertisement
I agree it is silly

The fools were those that bought into anything Sanders said about trying to benefit HBCUs. He's always been about himself, JSU were just the vehicle to get him into the College Coaching game.

CU had 1 win this year
White Goodman Reaction GIF

Advertisement
A
I don’t think he did since he was a late recruit. He had a solid TF season for JSU. 510 yrds on 30+ receptions & 15.5 ypc along w/ 3 TDs. His best game by far was the Nat’l Championship game for HBCUs. Put up 130+ including a streaking 85 yarder.
Hunter or the WR kid that spurned us? Sounds like you're describing the WR kid that spurned us based on the Celebration Bowl stats. Coleman is his name, couldn't find it lol

Serious question. What did people want prime to do? lol he was a football coach and accomplished everything he set out to do. JSU was also on janky business
He went in saying that God sent him to uplift not only Jackson State, but HBCU’s in general. He constantly said it was his calling to be there, but as soon as Colorado cut that check he was gone. He should have kept it real from the start instead of using the fake religious angle.

People wanted Prime to be sincere about HBCU’s and bringing them back to prominence like he was selling. To most it was obvious he was only using that to bring in kids until somebody else hired him. I mean at the end of the day its business and everybody involved got what they wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back