Travis Homer

To me he tries to stretch the plays out to long instead of getting up the field. He runs passive to me. I think he's hurt

Advertisement
Homer's a good back with excellent speed and power.

What I see from DeeJay when reviewing tape is our most instinctive, natural RB since Gore. I think he was a little faster last season when he weighed less. A weight closer to that (if not quite that low) might be better for him considering his ability to find creases & get into the open field. There have already been a couple of runs that he got big gains on that he probably would've housed if his speed was where it was last year.

Add Lingard - who might be more talented than either of the other two - into the mix, & we're looking to be stacked at RB for the next couple of years regardless of what Homer does NFL-wise. They're gonna be dominant when guys like Scaife, Reed & Gaynor take over for the guys starting up front right now...whether it's this year or next.

Homer and Dallas are a great one-two punch. We just need a better feel for what each excels at and put them in better positions to do what they're good at. We're doing it right now with Dallas, and we've done it in the past with Homer. We even managed to get it right for both of them in a blow out of Notre Dame.

I don't think you can legitimately knock either of them. They both are phenomenal talents who happen to have two different running styles, both of which can help us win games and score points.

We need to block better. Homer is a one-cut zone runner and we aren’t good enough on those plays right now.

He’s the same guy that blew up the VTech game, put a lid on the ND game and powered the drive to beat FSU.

I'm usually on your side of the argument D$, but not in this case. To me, Homer looks like he lost a step. He seemed like it all year but that play inside the 10 when he got the fly sweep and should have coasted in, but was caught from behind opened my eyes. He does not have the burst he showed last year when he made huge chunk plays.

I questioned the speed of others players in the gameday thread. Do we have a dedicated speed coach on the S&C staff? I like how this staff has re-shaped some bodies but i'm not seeing the speed on tape that you would expect in years 2 and 3.

Advertisement
Homer will be fine. The Richt staple power wrap that Walton lit up people with at the end of 16 will be back soon. O line needs to gel, Rosier needs to start connecting more down the field. Homer's numbers were likely to go down this year anyhow with Deejay emerging, Burns returning, Lingard signing. Also looks like Malik is going to get quite a few carries. Once they at least get one side of the line figured out on those zone block schemes, Homer will start breaking long runs again.

Advertisement
Back