Travis Homer

The grab bag offense doesn't do him, nor any of the skill guys, any favors. A carry here and there, then no touches for long stretches. They give him carries in obvious running situations.

This scheme and playcalling would make Bo Jackson look average.

And, as D-ummy pointed out, the lolffensive line.

Advertisement
Homer is a good back but lacks vision. Our O-Line isn’t creating the running lanes they did at certain parts of last year. DJ has excellent vision and can make ppl miss. Homer is doesn’t have wiggle. He still deserves carries

I like Homer. But this is why I thought Deejay was going to take over as the #1 RB at some point this season.

Somehow Deejay Dallas was able to go 17 for 110 with the high school play calling and awful run blocking

The outside zone blocking has been atrocious becuase the TEs and tackles haven't blocked well resulting in homer having to extend the angle and getting hit behind the line. Not all his fault. We changed our running attack midway through Toledo when we started running between the tackles. That s when our running game got better.

Advertisement
We need to block better. Homer is a one-cut zone runner and we aren’t good enough on those plays right now.

He’s the same guy that blew up the VTech game, put a lid on the ND game and powered the drive to beat FSU.
This is the correct answer. We're not good enough at guard to let Homer do what Homer does best. We need ND and Boulware in at guard and Scaife at RT. Boulware isn't the strongest guy, but he moves and pulls well, and thst will do until someone stronger like Reed can take his reps. Jones and Mahoney are slow and soft, and they're in Homer's way more than they're in the D-line's way.

Homer is great when he has a hole to hit. Deejay is dynamic. Great vision and feel for when and where to cut. Some of those plays 13 extended himself. Not bashing Homer at all. He needs a hole. But then don’t we all.

Homer is a nice 7-10 carry back when the D is tired. He’s not a RB1. He runs right into people.

Homer is playing really sluggish...like he just got out of bed or something. It's really weird. No idea what the reason is, but he doesn't look the same. Deejay is the better RB right now.
He is Rosier's roommate. I imagine Rosier's mojo is rubbing off on him...

Advertisement
No vision and no wiggle, but fast, powerful, tough as **** and athletic...loves contact.

I think he’d be better on the defensive side of the ball - could be an elite safety

Homer doesn't lack vision, he lacks lateral quickness. This isn't new but the great thing about him is he doesn't try to be something he is not. He doesn't make bad plays worse by trying to dance in the backfield. We need both him and DJ to stay healthy. The mix was really good yesterday between the 2 but make no mistake, this OLINE is soft and this is going to be a struggle all year.

We need to block better. Homer is a one-cut zone runner and we aren’t good enough on those plays right now.

He’s the same guy that blew up the VTech game, put a lid on the ND game and powered the drive to beat FSU.

This, he needs holes, if not he’s screwed. He has zero vision and no wiggle.

He’s literally one cut and go. Nothing happening in the open field.

A lot of the runs Dallas has had he wouldn’t be able to make , DD has very quick feet, good patience and really good vision.

Ironically he’s a more natural rb , with the least amount of experience.

Advertisement
Homer doesn't lack vision, he lacks lateral quickness. This isn't new but the great thing about him is he doesn't try to be something he is not. He doesn't make bad plays worse by trying to dance in the backfield. We need both him and DJ to stay healthy. The mix was really good yesterday between the 2 but make no mistake, this OLINE is soft and this is going to be a struggle all year.

Oh he lacks vision , he misses holes a lot. He doesn’t have patience either. Those are two things you either have or you don’t have at the position.

He needs a good hole that he can see and hit with full speed , if not he’ll probably run up and ol’s back.

Imo DD needs more carries but Homers style is good to finish halves with. He runs hard and violent , even though he’s not big. Nice change of pace to use on a tired defense.

Oh he lacks vision , he misses holes a lot. He doesn’t have patience either. Those are two things you either have or you don’t have at the position.

He needs a good hole that he can see and hit with full speed , if not he’ll probably run up and ol’s back.

Imo DD needs more carries but Homers style is good to finish halves with. He runs hard and violent , even though he’s not big. Nice change of pace to use on a tired defense.
I respect your opinion I just don't agree with the lack of vision.

Advertisement
I respect your opinion I just don't agree with the lack of vision.

If you had the lack of life as I do and watched the replays as much as me you’d change your opinion.

I really think you need to agree with me. We need to be on the same page .

I believe it's a combination of bad blocking and lack a wiggle. Dallas makes the line look better because he can make subtle cuts to get north and south easier. To make matters worse Homer seems to be unable to break tackles this year. I don't know what is going on with him but he's not as physical this year.

He's strong and fast, but not at all a natural runner. When he gets in the open field it's almost like he finds defenders instead of finding way to get by them. The past two years he's probably been the best gunner on punt returns in the country, but I haven't noticed him at all this year? Is he off that unit or is this a sign that maybe he isn't 100%?

I saw him out there a few times on punt coverage Saturday.

Advertisement
Back