Travis Homer

Disgustipated

Sophomore
Homer was selected as captain for the GT game along with Berrios, DJax and Jaquan. Says a lot about what the team thinks about Homer. Walton and Homer was going to be a great tandem this year, they are very similar in a lot of ways. They are both tremendous football players. I believe Homer is the better running back. End of my buzzed posting

Advertisement
I'm a huge Homer fan and think he should've been the number two back last year. But I disagree with him being better than Walton.

Homer is more of a one cut and go guy. Walton is much more elusive as well as better in pass pro.

Last edited:
Called my shot in the prediction thread, but I think Homer has a big game tomorrow. Like 150 big game. He’s going to prove he’s a high level back

Love me some Homer but he was named a captain as a Special teams player. They’ve been naming one ST player every week.

Homer was selected as captain for the GT game along with Berrios, DJax and Jaquan. Says a lot about what the team thinks about Homer. Walton and Homer was going to be a great tandem this year, they are very similar in a lot of ways. They are both tremendous football players. I believe Homer is the better running back. End of my buzzed posting

Not better back... yet.... time will tell. Only God knows.

More straight line top end speed means more potency tho but MW was a great all around talent

Advertisement
Sometimes being named a captain is as much as what the coaches want you TO become in the eyes of the team as it is what you already are. Not sure what it is with Homer but I'm ready for him to have a huge day tomorrow.

I'm a huge Homer fan and think he should've been the number two back last year. But I disagree with him being better than Walton.

Homer is more of a one cut and go guy. Walton is much more elusive as well as better in pass pro.

Homer is faster and is on par with toughness and catching out of the backfield. Walton has better vision and maybe stiff arm.

I think Walton is excellent, fantastic player. Walton misses runs, he missed 3 off the top of my head against FSU that would have been 5yd gains at worst if he hits it up the hole even with a bum ankle. His yard per carry is what it is for a reason, he is not a discipline runner. the 3 runs Walton missed I believe Homer would have hit those runs like he did on the last drive. I also understand how captains are named for games but Homer is a True Soph, it means something

Advertisement
Some of you guys are ridiculous CMR has even said that Walton is the best player he has ever coached. Homer is good but he is no Walton.

Advertisement
Some of you guys are ridiculous CMR has even said that Walton is the best player he has ever coached. Homer is good but he is no Walton.

CMR may have said that, but it is plainly not accurate.

I'm watching Todd Gurley rip up NFL defenses right now, the same way he did in college. I love Miami but I'm taking Gurley's college career over Walton all day.

I think Walton is excellent, fantastic player. Walton misses runs, he missed 3 off the top of my head against FSU that would have been 5yd gains at worst if he hits it up the hole even with a bum ankle. His yard per carry is what it is for a reason, he is not a discipline runner. the 3 runs Walton missed I believe Homer would have hit those runs like he did on the last drive. I also understand how captains are named for games but Homer is a True Soph, it means something

wow, you "think" Walton missed 3 runs that he would have had at LEAST 5 YARDS................. Really, are you that good at breaking down film and know for a fact that he didn't see those holes that you so easily found watching it from your seat in front of the tv.. And the Homer is soooo much better with his vision that he would have seen those holes and ran for 3 touchdowns..................... hate post like these and you are off the ignore list.

Walton is a great player and an energizer for the team. He's not a great RB though and has been bad the last two weeks because he was playing on one leg. I expect a boost to our run game because we're not playing a one-legged RB.

Homer is a potential homer every time he touches the ball.

Advertisement
Homer has more potential than Walton. He's one of the more explosive athletes we've had at RB in a long time. Up there with Miller and Duke.

Canes tend to hype Walton way too much. He's good but not great. Just check out the top 20 RB's for the NFL this year and tell me where you see Walton.

I think the biggest thing we are going to miss with Walton is his blocking,the reason Walton was in at the end of the game last week.

Homer will do fine as a runner.I just hope he doesn’t miss a blitz pick up and get Rosier blindsided.

The biggest thing to me is not his blocking but how Walton protected the football and never fumbled.
I can only hope Homer with more carries, Choc and whoever else is the next man up after that just focus on holding on to the ball then making plays happen after it is secured.

Last edited:
Walking is better open field runner with cutback lanes but I honestly feel like homer reads blocks better

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back