Transfer season

I’ve been out of the area since’83. The stories you guys tell about the HS football scene in SFL is mind boggling. I graduated in ‘75 and there weren’t near the options - if any - back then like there are today. Like I mentioned, when I moved into the HH boundary in ‘’71, I was only able to get a waiver because I had attended schools in the MCA boundary through middle school.

Yeah South Florida has just grown and changed so much since then. Broward's the 6th biggest school district in the country. Dade is like the 4th biggest. And that's just counting the public schools. It's a whole different ball game down here now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Screenshot_2020-01-27-23-51-06.png

Someone we should keep an eye on. May turn out to be a big time LB prospect.

Hills is dead in the water. They may have been the worst program in Broward if you count from like 2000. Since then they have had Tavares Spillman (Louisville, dont remember if he ever played there though) Thurston Armbrister who ended up being a good recruit and played in the nfl, Jabaal Sheard who is still in the nfl. On the years they didnt have those guys, they are .likely a 3 win team. When i was in high school i think they may have won 2 games in the last 2-3 years i was in school. Hills is stuck kinda in no mans land in the area in Hollywood the school is located. You have a power house in Chaminade near...and you split kids with South Broward who also is in the same predicament. You have a kid be good and show out at your school, and the next year he is at Chaminade. Marquis Hollywood Brown is an example of that.

I went to MCA. So i'm plugged in to the Hollywood area. Pretty much know every one in the area from early 2000s up, either played with them or coached their kids coming up who are now starting to come in to high schools.
Okay I see. I remember like from 05-07 Hills had a decent squad. I know their qb went to FIU but they also had a good RB that transferred to BA and was just okay. I’m happy to see MCA doing well. During my high school years they had a rough patch but they had talent. I’ll like to see more talent remain at SB & MCA. They have ballers up in Hollywood.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He wants to build something up, hopefully can get some of the kids back that left and bring some new ones in. The young talent there could be sweet moving forward.
Yeah I think he could do a good job because he brings a wealth of experience the kids will respect, he actually knows & played the game at a high level in HS, college & had a 9 year NFL career where he was actually a good player.

He's a West coast guy from Compton but I definitely think he can relate to South Fla kids & get them to buy into his program.

His first order of business is he has to lockdown South Broward & keep schools like AH, STA & Western from stealing all the best local talent from around the area.

Big S/O Coach Cox on getting the BTW job.

He was coaching at Coco Creek the last 3 years, he also coached at Miami Central under coach Lockette & is another MNW alumni that's becoming a HC.

That's now 3 MNW alums as HC's in Dade, #BullPride 🤘🏽🐂💙💛

I was wondering where he went since he left Creek. That seems like a pretty good fit for him, although BTW rarely seems to hire outside of the Tornado family. I like the hire though.

I was wondering where he went since he left Creek. That seems like a pretty good fit for him, although BTW rarely seems to hire outside of the Tornado family. I like the hire though.

All of BTW guys are headed to Florida Memorial University and D Jack is now the Head Coach at American.

So they have slowly but surely put their coaches in the college ranks. Got 1 at FIU, 1 OFF FIELD at Um, 1 off field at FSU, and a good amount headed over to start up Flo Mo's program.

Advertisement
All of BTW guys are headed to Florida Memorial University and D Jack is now the Head Coach at American.

So they have slowly but surely put their coaches in the college ranks. Got 1 at FIU, 1 OFF FIELD at Um, 1 off field at FSU, and a good amount headed over to start up Flo Mo's program.
that's a good look for BTW. I heard Hyppolite was full of energy today at practice, no surprise there.

Apparently we hired former BTW guy Terry Jefferson in the @Liberty City El , @gogeta4 Recruiting role as well.

ice coaching tree is branching up, which is essentially great.
He was an intern during the summer and just finished up his final season playing at FAMU. Impressive kid remember him signing with them out of high school and still having a ton of other scholarships academically. Hopefully his ties to Booker T can help Miami get closer to Brooks, the WR

Advertisement
Back