Transfer season

Advertisement
We don't have the best shot with any of'em lol.

If we had a great 10-2/11-1 type season where the offense explodes, we might have a shot with Ja'Corey Brooks, but otherwise he's headed to UGA, LSU, Bama or Clemson.

0% chance with Williams, he's signed sealed & delivered to UGA, Stevenson 2.0.

T2 is $EC bound as well. The bags haven't been dropped yet for him but he's a kid that's all over the place he changes his team every week. It's TAMU, UF, UGA, Bama, Clemson & LSU, but our chances with him are slim to none.

So pathetic with these kids that even if could win a NC, not saying we will at all, that they would still **** on the hometown team for some $$

Interesting... With the addition of Coley to TAMU staff a mere 24 hrs ago, Lewis's name is already all over their threads. I'm sure Brinson will also be there as soon as he goes public.. They are counting on Coley to bring in the so fla kids.

Advertisement
I coached at South Broward for the spring of 2018 before I went back to my old school and I tell you what... The kids they had there at that time coulda made a playoff run. A bunch of those kids have gone to Pace, Chaminade, a few went to Piper, Western, etc. and I knew a few that ended up with FBS offers. But the head coach at the time pretty much went Mark Richt and refused to change from a pro style offense to the spread. Lost the QB and some WRs to McArthur, and eventually a ton of talent fled. **** shame, there is a ton of talent in that Dania/Hollywood area.

Interesting... With the addition of Coley to TAMU staff a mere 24 hrs ago, Lewis's name is already all over their threads. I'm sure Brinson will also be there as soon as he goes public.. They are counting on Coley to bring in the so fla kids.
Lewis was a lean there before

I coached at South Broward for the spring of 2018 before I went back to my old school and I tell you what... The kids they had there at that time coulda made a playoff run. A bunch of those kids have gone to Pace, Chaminade, a few went to Piper, Western, etc. and I knew a few that ended up with FBS offers. But the head coach at the time pretty much went Mark Richt and refused to change from a pro style offense to the spread. Lost the QB and some WRs to McArthur, and eventually a ton of talent fled. **** shame, there is a ton of talent in that Dania/Hollywood area.

lol that coach was my head coach in high school and we ran the f*ck out of a pro style offense. I know pro style like the back of my hand...which is why i could call out richt and enos plays in the gameday threads.

Chaminade did nothing to get T2 other than get lucky. T2 had an incident and had to leave MNW. I’ve heard Brinson is not going to Chaminade.

Advertisement
No lies told. **** all the young kids im speaking of....are from LIBERIA. lol...They are suppose to be South Broward kids..but were at Mcarthur.

The admin over there doesnt care about Sports soooo...South Broward will be the JV for Chaminade or Hallandale/Mcarthur whenever they feel like being good a year.

South Broward has like 2 or 3 kids that are really good as underclassmen. A DL that was disruptive as ****..Broward aint really sending kids to colleges either so.
Chaminade will continue to sit their and raid all the Hollywood schools.
Liberia... Thats my hood. I always meant to ask if you were from Hollywood/Dania area because you know everything about SB, Nade, & McArthur. What happen to Hills? They were pretty solid in the mid 00’s.

Liberia... Thats my hood. I always meant to ask if you were from Hollywood/Dania area because you know everything about SB, Nade, & McArthur. What happen to Hills? They were pretty solid in the mid 00’s.

Hills is dead in the water. They may have been the worst program in Broward if you count from like 2000. Since then they have had Tavares Spillman (Louisville, dont remember if he ever played there though) Thurston Armbrister who ended up being a good recruit and played in the nfl, Jabaal Sheard who is still in the nfl. On the years they didnt have those guys, they are .likely a 3 win team. When i was in high school i think they may have won 2 games in the last 2-3 years i was in school. Hills is stuck kinda in no mans land in the area in Hollywood the school is located. You have a power house in Chaminade near...and you split kids with South Broward who also is in the same predicament. You have a kid be good and show out at your school, and the next year he is at Chaminade. Marquis Hollywood Brown is an example of that.

I went to MCA. So i'm plugged in to the Hollywood area. Pretty much know every one in the area from early 2000s up, either played with them or coached their kids coming up who are now starting to come in to high schools.

A&M has the money they know they can get kids this way

Advertisement
Hills is dead in the water. They may have been the worst program in Broward if you count from like 2000. Since then they have had Tavares Spillman (Louisville, dont remember if he ever played there though) Thurston Armbrister who ended up being a good recruit and played in the nfl, Jabaal Sheard who is still in the nfl. On the years they didnt have those guys, they are .likely a 3 win team. When i was in high school i think they may have won 2 games in the last 2-3 years i was in school. Hills is stuck kinda in no mans land in the area in Hollywood the school is located. You have a power house in Chaminade near...and you split kids with South Broward who also is in the same predicament. You have a kid be good and show out at your school, and the next year he is at Chaminade. Marquis Hollywood Brown is an example of that.

I went to MCA. So i'm plugged in to the Hollywood area. Pretty much know every one in the area from early 2000s up, either played with them or coached their kids coming up who are now starting to come in to high schools.
Was raised in Boulevard Heights and moved to Driftwood before my freshman year. Was able to get a waiver to go to MCA due to having been in their area until 8th grade. I didn't want anything to do with HH in the early 70's. At that time, they were in what was considered a newer "upscale" area with a bunch of snobs. Don't ever remember them being that good.

Jimbo wanted him a few years back to be OC, but word is Coley knew he'd call him OC but Jimbo would still call plays

Advertisement
Was raised in Boulevard Heights and moved to Driftwood before my freshman year. Was able to get a waiver to go to MCA due to having been in their area until 8th grade. I didn't want anything to do with HH in the early 70's. At that time, they were in what was considered a newer "upscale" area with a bunch of snobs. Don't ever remember them being that good.

Hills was actually really good at the start of the 70s. When the schools integrated and they got a bunch of kids from Liberia that would've went to segregated Attucks in the 60s. They won states in 73 in football.

Then Hallandale opened the next year (which hurt both South Broward and Hills as it broke up the Attucks kids) and South Broward started splitting kids from Liberia and Dania with them like @gogeta4 said.

Then Nova started recruiting kids (in the 70s). Then St. Thomas started recruiting kids (in the 80s) and now Chaminade (kids like Glenn Cook would fall in Hills boundary but end up at Chaminade) and University School take most good talent Hills gets too.

And now with 7on7 and lil league movement going crazy, kids can end up **** near anywhere. Look at the two kids from Northwestern that just transferred to Chaminade this week.

When I was at Chaminade 15 years ago we got Kamar Aiken (played in the NFL for years) from The West and a couple kids from Miami Jackson. So if schools like Chaminade can get kids from powerhouse programs in Miami, they can def poach kids from weak programs like Hollywood Hills down the street. And that's why they've been mostly trash ever since the mid-70s.

This isn't unique to South Broward and Hills tho. A lot of local schools are:
1) too close to another program(s) that recruits heavy (usually private schools in Broward and both public and private in Dade)
2) Not invested in being good in sports
3) Both.

Stranahan is another neighborhood school that has a lot of good talent that ends up elsewhere.

Hills was actually really good at the start of the 70s. When the schools integrated and they got a bunch of kids from Liberia that would've went to segregated Attucks in the 60s. They won states in 73 in football.

Then Hallandale opened the next year (which hurt both South Broward and Hills as it broke up the Attucks kids) and South Broward started splitting kids from Liberia and Dania with them like @gogeta4 said.

Then Nova started recruiting kids (in the 70s). Then St. Thomas started recruiting kids (in the 80s) and now Chaminade (kids like Glenn Cook would fall in Hills boundary but end up at Chaminade) and University School take most good talent Hills gets too.

And now with 7on7 and lil league movement going crazy, kids can end up **** near anywhere. Look at the two kids from Northwestern that just transferred to Chaminade this week.

When I was at Chaminade 15 years ago we got Kamar Aiken (played in the NFL for years) from The West and a couple kids from Miami Jackson. So if schools like Chaminade can get kids from powerhouse programs in Miami, they can def poach kids from weak programs like Hollywood Hills down the street. And that's why they've been mostly trash ever since the mid-70s.

This isn't unique to South Broward and Hills tho. A lot of local schools are:
1) too close to another program(s) that recruits heavy (usually private schools in Broward and both public and private in Dade)
2) Not invested in being good in sports
3) Both.

Stranahan is another neighborhood school that has a lot of good talent that ends up elsewhere.
I’ve been out of the area since’83. The stories you guys tell about the HS football scene in SFL is mind boggling. I graduated in ‘75 and there weren’t near the options - if any - back then like there are today. Like I mentioned, when I moved into the HH boundary in ‘’71, I was only able to get a waiver because I had attended schools in the MCA boundary through middle school.

So many things go into building a successful high school program these days.

*Location (the school's natural draw & who they're competing with for kids)
*Administration (are they serious about sports?)
*Having recruiters on your coaching staff
*Competition in the district

Honestly, it's **** near like NCAA football down here now.

This is one of the reasons I tell up-and-coming coaches...DON'T JUST TAKE ANY JOB.
Some guys just wanna be an HC no matter what. Not every job is a good job. Some of them are uphill battles. But there's coaches out here who will put their name in the hat for any HC opening.
I've heard guys say "Man I wanna coach at school so-and-so, they got athletes!"
Yeah but they also are located near STA, play in a brutal district and have no booster club support!
Can't tell that to most up-and-coming coaches though. They think they can turn chicken **** into chicken salad. Three years later they're out the door.

Unless the school has legit state championship potential (and there's not many out there that do) then a HS coach is best served taking a job at place where he can go 7-3/8-2/9-1 every season, win district every year, get tons of booster support/money, etc...then parlay that into a job at a premier football school.

You take a school like Cooper City for example. Most up-and-coming coaches would scoff at the idea of coaching there.
"They ain't got no athletes."
But they have a ton of booster club support, big budget, an extremely supportive neighborhood and a joke of a district. They're also located in an area where you can get a few kids to come over.
You go there and win 7/8 games per year and they'll build a statue for you. They still talk about Art Taylor over there like he's a Vince Lombardi.

Certain jobs are just better than others. South Broward, Hills, etc...are not good jobs. Uphill battles. You've got a private school power right down the street. Anything located in central Fort Lauderdale is gonna be tough too. STA and Gibbons are in the area.
Cypress Bay used to be a great job. They had an administration that believed in sports, they had money, neighborhood support, etc...and Coach G was able to take advantage of that.
Western has become a good job. While I was there we were stuck in a brutal district with Flanagan, Cypress Bay and Miramar...however we always had money and support from the neighborhood. Now that district has become soft and WHS has a principal who wants to win. And the only school they compete with for kids is American Heritage. Nobody else on that side of Broward is winning. And they've been able to capitalize off that.

It's really crazy when you think about it, the landscape of everything. And it's changing every few years.

Advertisement
Back