Transfer season

There could be legit reasons for some players to transfer like better coaching, facilities, education, and etc....with that said though the **** that goes down in S FL is ridiculous!

Advertisement
If you are a Miami commit, why transfer anywhere? You've made it. These are red flag kids, in my opinion.
Just because you're a commit doesn't mean you're guarantee a spot. Many college teams push out their own commits if they can upgrade. These juniors still need to prove that they deserve to be on the team. That being said, playing against good competition will help their own cause.

Lamest thing ever said. Respect my decision, how about don't give a ****. The over inflated ego's of kids today is tough to stomach.
Exactly. You make a public decision, you open yourself to criticism.

Just because you're a commit doesn't mean you're guarantee a spot. Many college teams push out their own commits if they can upgrade. These juniors still need to prove that they deserve to be on the team. That being said, playing against good competition will help their own cause.
The staff is professional, and they should be able to spot talent regardless of the competition they face. So, when they get an offer and commit, they should have a spot. It shouldn't be contingent on them transferring to play tougher competition.

I can 100% agree with you if you're talking about a kid with no decent offers going to a high publicity school to get noticed. That's a good move. Kids with offers, and committed, to me looks like they are shopping for a better offer. These kids rarely stick with commitments, and that's why I think they should be red flagged as a high risk recruit.

If I had a UM offer, I wouldn't transfer to get more attention. I'd be 100% content to go out there and dominate whoever the **** is in front of me to prove I was worthy. The last thing I would do was transfer into an unknown situation that may or may not work out. That's just me, though.

If you are already committed, why do you need more exposure? You already did enough to get a UM offer. Yeah, they want more exposure, I get that, but why want it if you are committed to UM? All the reasons I can think of are not good.
You may be overthinking this.

Advertisement
Who are you to judge where a kid wants to spend his senior year, let alone why?
Ok, I will just respect every decision they make. You've convinced me of my erroneous way of thinking. Can you forgive me?

Ok, I will just respect every decision they make. You've convinced me of my erroneous way of thinking. Can you forgive me?
Your snotty responses are just evidence of your thin skin. My point stands. You chose to post what you did on a message board. Not sure why you’d get ****y over a response.

Advertisement
Your snotty responses are just evidence of your thin skin. My point stands. You chose to post what you did on a message board. Not sure why you’d get ****y over a response.
I just don't agree with kids transferring all the time. Defend it all you want. Have a nice day.

By the way. Why do you leave the e out of Ethenic? Just curious. I always thought he was a solid player.

It is far from silly and that is a silly comparison as they aren't getting paid.

I miss the days when players would kill themsleves out there for their team. They would go through a brick wall for a coach they believed in. There was a thing called school pride. Boys on and off of the field, doing life in high school together. That builds bonds and character.

Even the pro's do this chasing some extra money. It's why professional sports lost me in general. I get going to a better team there to try and win a championship since everyone is doing it. I really don't get it when they make moves to a lesser team. I'm a winner and I'll be damned if I go to an inferior team to lose more. That **** is whack.

1) You don't know whether they are getting paid or not.

2) Most coaches do nothing to warrant a player "running through a brick wall" for them.

3) "School pride" doesn't get you scholarship offers, a job, or build your bank account. No one cares how proud you are of your fooking high school.

4) Many teammates don't like each other. You don't bond with all of your teammates.

5) Professionals in every walk of life, including sports, have always chased money. Money is a **** of a lot more useful than a trophy.

6) I'm glad you're a winner.

If you are a Miami commit, why transfer anywhere? You've made it. These are red flag kids, in my opinion.
North Miami has gotten poached all offseason, just about every good player they had has transferred.

Why? Because kids wanna win state titles & play for better programs.

As for Metayer, it's not a red flag we're not going to all of the sudden forget to recruit him because he's at Central. The HC at Central is a former Cane & the new DC coach Joseph played on the team when Coach Field was an assistant at Central back in the early 00's.

We don't lose kids because they transfer to a new school, we lose them because we don't handle our business on the field.

Advertisement
North Miami has gotten poached all offseason, just about every good player they had has transferred.

Why? Because kids wanna win state titles & play for better programs.

As for Metayer, it's not a "red flag" we're not going to all of the sudden forget to recruit him because he's at Central. The HC at Central is a former Cane & the new DC coach Joseph played on the team when Coach Field was an assistant at Central back in the early 00's.

We don't lose kids because they transfer to a new school, we lose them because we don't handle our business on the field.
Not every kid that transfers is a problem. I get that. Some actually are doing the right thing. However, not every kid that transfers is doing so for the most noble of reasons. This era of transfers, portals, and attention seekers just bothers me. Guess I'm old fashioned.

4-star CB & FSU commit Jalen Harrell is transferring from Central to Champagnat returning back to another Hialeah school being originally a Mater academy kid before Central.

Big loss to the Central secondary.

Makes no sense to do that other than he has f*d up grades..and wants the champagnat special. Central plays on tv this year and has a state level team. Champagnat is a state level team but small school ball and no one cares. But 3 schools in 3 years sounds about right

Advertisement
Not every kid that transfers is a problem. I get that. Some actually are doing the right thing. However, not every kid that transfers is doing so for the most noble of reasons. This era of transfers, portals, and attention seekers just bothers me. Guess I'm old fashioned.
I don't disagree.

It just not as big a deal in terms of recruiting as some may think. Because of James Williams & Donell people assume that if a kid transfers to a school that automatically means we're going to lose him or he's getting bagged up & that's not entirely the case with every player.

Delone Scaife transferred from Killian to Southridge his Junior/Senior year, still signed with Miami.
Jahfari Harvey transferred from John Carroll to Vero Beach his Senior year, still signed with Miami.
Gurvan Hall transferred from PBL to PBG his Senior year, still signed with Miami.
Avery Huff trasferred from McArthur to STA his Senior year, still signed with Miami.
Cam Williams transferred from Nova to Chaminade his Junior/Senior year, still signed with Miami.
Gregory Rousseau transferred from Monarch to Champagnat his Junior/Senior year, still signed with Miami.
Cleveland Reed transferred from Ft. Meade to Lakeland back to Ft. Meade his Senior year, still signed with Miami.
Patrick Joyner transferred from Keys Gate to South Dade his Junior year, still signed with Miami.

I could go on but the point is, people just always assume the worst whenever a kid transfers, but the key to every recruitment is not what school the kid plays for, but how good job the staff does selling them on coming to Miami.

If you are already committed, why do you need more exposure? You already did enough to get a UM offer. Yeah, they want more exposure, I get that, but why want it if you are committed to UM? All the reasons I can think of are not good.
[/QU
The staff is professional, and they should be able to spot talent regardless of the competition they face. So, when they get an offer and commit, they should have a spot. It shouldn't be contingent on them transferring to play tougher competition.

I can 100% agree with you if you're talking about a kid with no decent offers going to a high publicity school to get noticed. That's a good move. Kids with offers, and committed, to me looks like they are shopping for a better offer. These kids rarely stick with commitments, and that's why I think they should be red flagged as a high risk recruit.

If I had a UM offer, I wouldn't transfer to get more attention. I'd be 100% content to go out there and dominate whoever the **** is in front of me to prove I was worthy. The last thing I would do was transfer into an unknown situation that may or may not work out. That's just me, though.

They are trying to win states. You think high school kids play just to get recruited?.

if your speaking on the North Miami Kid transferring to Miami Central...well North Miami has been Central's JV for YEARS.
He has no chance of winning states at North Miami and a better chance at Miami Central that one is pretty simple.

The ones you watch are the ones making lateral moves or downgrades....Gulliver for whatever reason has attracted a bunch of Booker T kids...that aint normal. Harell leaving Miami Central to go to Champagnat. Isnt really a good move either.

These high school coaches in south florida recruit better than fbs schools lol

Advertisement
Back