Transfer season

Advertisement
I thought he was commiting to college when I started reading. Not to beat a deadhorse but is this common for high school kids outside of south florida to post transfer notices between high schools???. This is exactly how the south fla recruiting becomes a cesspool for UM.

It's made its way into recruiting. This kid's no such thing as loyalty. Northwestern is a marquee program in South Florida, and that staff spent 3 years developing him for him to jump ship to Gulliver.

It's made its way into recruiting. This kid's no such thing as loyalty. Northwestern is a marquee program in South Florida, and that staff spent 3 years developing him for him to jump ship to Gulliver.

This is the South Florida recruiting environment we live in. If he switches HS his senior year, why would any one be surprised if he commits decommitts a couple times. There are a lot a players that are on their 3rd HS. That is just not normal to me. What is driving this? Street Agents? I have not heard of a Miami Christian player going D1 in years and now they have two senior 4* players transfering in. Street Agent is new OC or HC and wants to keep his meal tickets close by?
Golden and Richt were just happy to have the the recruiting stars printed. I am hoping that Manny plays it a little smarter. I think he is. I have a feeling Robinson was told "find someplace else - you are good but not that good to put up with the "I miss Dugans". Also like recruiting elsewhere. Many times the South Florida kids are great when winning, but fold like a tent when things go bad. For what ever reason it seems like a lot of the Northern kids are mentally tougher and also don't quit if the temperature at Pitt or BC drops into the 30's.
IMO, the next benchmark is Paradise. Other than legitimate issues like a sister relative getting married, etc. if a South Florida kid does not come to it, assume they will not be signing. No need for Kris Bogle types, I already know Miami, I want to check out Bama, UF, Auburn, etc. We have seen where that ends up.
I do think that Diaz and team are getting smarter in staying close to early commits. I like how I read that Barry is coaching Seymour and Seymour seems to attend all UM events. Seems like Chaney, Mammarelli and a few others are always around campus.

2021 OLB & Miami commit Chamon Metayer is transferring from North Miami to Central.

North Miami has also taken another huge hit in losing MLB A'mahri McCray who's an underrated beast 21 LB that had 102tcks 7.5TFL's & 2.5 sacks his sophomore year, he's transferring to MNW.

MNW also replaced Terrell Torrence (the kid in the OP who transferred to Gully) with 21 OG from North Miami Albert Fletcher.

2021 OLB & Miami commit Chamon Metayer is transferring from North Miami to Central.

North Miami has also taken another huge hit in losing MLB A'mahri McCray who's an underrated beast 21 LB that had 102tcks 7.5TFL's & 2.5 sacks his sophomore year, he's transferring to MNW.

MNW also replaced Terrell Torrence (the kid in the OP who transferred to Gully) with 21 OG from North Miami Albert Fletcher.

Does this not bode well for us? I feel like the flip flopping never works out for us. I don’t know maybe I’m shook

Advertisement
Does this not bode well for us? I feel like the flip flopping never works out for us. I don’t know maybe I’m shook
Alot of the kids down here switch schools all the time. Pat Joyner started out at keys gate ended at south Dade. Dee Wiggins and DJ scaife both went to killian before transferring to southridge. Its something that happens all the time. The ones to be worried about are kids who transfer away from a good schools

Just a ?, b/c I’m definitely not used to kids transferring at will like this; how does this affect their eligibility? How do u track classes taken/required to graduate w all these transfers?

Advertisement
I thought he was commiting to college when I started reading. Not to beat a deadhorse but is this common for high school kids outside of south florida to post transfer notices between high schools???. This is exactly how the south fla recruiting becomes a cesspool for UM.
Dull. No press conference, no hats, no suspense. Could've spread out hats for 3-4 other schools.

No transfer video?

Just a tweet.

MNW is public and Gulliver Prep is private. Why would anyone blame a kid for transferring?

The "no loyalty" argument is silly and, the vast majority of the time, hypocritical. You may not like high school transfers, and the behavior surrounding them, but it is very easy to understand. Why stay put when there is a better situation out there? How many people do you know that stay at one firm their entire working life?

Advertisement

If you are a Miami commit, why transfer anywhere? You've made it. These are red flag kids, in my opinion.

Playing at Central or STA is national exposure and a better comp level. Why not?
If you are already committed, why do you need more exposure? You already did enough to get a UM offer. Yeah, they want more exposure, I get that, but why want it if you are committed to UM? All the reasons I can think of are not good.

Advertisement
If you are already committed, why do you need more exposure? You already did enough to get a UM offer. Yeah, they want more exposure, I get that, but why want it if you are committed to UM? All the reasons I can think of are not good.

Exposure to a more difficult schedule, exposure to televised games vs out of state opponents, and likely a deeper run in the playoffs which adds to XP. Very little downside.

The "no loyalty" argument is silly and, the vast majority of the time, hypocritical. You may not like high school transfers, and the behavior surrounding them, but it is very easy to understand. Why stay put when there is a better situation out there? How many people do you know that stay at one firm their entire working life?

It is far from silly and that is a silly comparison as they aren't getting paid.

I miss the days when players would kill themsleves out there for their team. They would go through a brick wall for a coach they believed in. There was a thing called school pride. Boys on and off of the field, doing life in high school together. That builds bonds and character.

Even the pro's do this chasing some extra money. It's why professional sports lost me in general. I get going to a better team there to try and win a championship since everyone is doing it. I really don't get it when they make moves to a lesser team. I'm a winner and I'll be damned if I go to an inferior team to lose more. That **** is whack.

Advertisement
Back