Transfer Portal watch

"Ask those closest to Syracuse WR transfer Damien Alford, and they’ll tell you he would have been a Miami Hurricane out of Hollywood (Fla.) McArthur High School … if Miami had pursued him hard in recruiting under the prior staff. Now? After spending three years at Syracuse, including catching 20 passes for 429 yards this past season, Alford is in the transfer portal. And Miami is among several programs chasing Alford, who has two years of eligibility." - Matt Shodell
Ok, but is he an upgrade as of today?

Advertisement
Advertisement

Seems like he will be visiting us. Doubt he will be the only visitor this weekend so we might see a little more insight on who they are currently pursuing, Hopefully we can convince Gary Bryant Jr. to take a visit too.

8E6EF35B-77E4-4643-80D1-D7AD42F67E48.gif

Advertisement
If we miss on this kid I give up. This is a perfect match and should be a layup.

Doesn't this kid have a pretty extensive basketball background too? If it's the kid I'm thinking of, I think he was like a 6'5 really fluid good basketball player who started playing football late.

Doesn't this kid have a pretty extensive basketball background too? If it's the kid I'm thinking of, I think he was like a 6'5 really fluid good basketball player who started playing football late.
Yes it is. I remember when he came out , he’s originally from Canada. Big , smooth , runs well and has very good hands. He made some unbelievable catches while at SU. Shraeder improved but was still cheeks, so he could eat with TVD. This kid with the USC wr would be a pretty good haul.

Yes it is. I remember when he came out , he’s originally from Canada. Big , smooth , runs well and has very good hands. He made some unbelievable catches this year. Shraeder improved but was still cheeks. This kid with the USC wr would be exactly what we need.

Yeah, I thought so. He actually reminds me a lot of Colbie, both about 6'5 with those high knees, hands catchers, and fluid.

Advertisement
Yes it is. I remember when he came out , he’s originally from Canada. Big , smooth , runs well and has very good hands. He made some unbelievable catches while at SU. Shraeder improved but was still cheeks, so he could eat with TVD. This kid with the USC wr would be a pretty good haul.
I watched both of their film and Alford is similar likley a bit better than Colie Young on first impression. This is the kinda kid given his late start in football that develops into a big time NFL player at a small school. Gary Bryant reminds me of Rambo. His film from 2021 looks great with alot of catches deep down field and some wiggle to separate in short range. Great athletic testing numbers he just wasnt Riley's guy and was replaced by big money Addison so he made rigth choise to redshirt and retain his status.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back