Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Talk on Alford mirrors what people were saying about Matt Landers last year once he got in the portal. Local kid who went to UGA and then Toledo before winding up at Arkansas. Similar profiles. Big guys, low on catches who were primarily deep threats. Landers had a good year at Arkansas who wasn't exactly blessed with accomplished passers in the QB room. Of course he played in an offense that schemed for explosive plays. Still waiting on that change at Miami.

Understandable he didn't want to come back. He dominated at the Army Game and had all the tools outside of speed (but was by no means slow) we just buried the kid. Like we did so many others.

I still firmly believe he was the best WR we've signed outside of AR82 since the Richt era.

Somewhere I posted he’d end of the u making the league. He goes off at Cal this year and he lost likely will get his shot.
I'll say this much about it. After the U.S. Army Game in 2018, I asked my cousin who was a problem out there. He gave me two names. Amon-Ra and Hightower. Real head scratcher why he didn't succeed here...

Advertisement
Advertisement
And go 0-4 then something seriously wrong..
Probably going 1/4 at best 2/4.

Seems like Alford is pretty much the only one to be confident about

Can basically rule out Sturdivant and Broden. Heard reports Sturdivant wants to stay out west and is looking at UCLA. Broden hasn't twetted out an offer from us so he seems ruled out as of now.

Bryant is the only other one that Gaby has pointed out Miami has reached out to him. its just really hard to get Cali guys who aren't QB to move out east.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back