Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
I’ve watched JSU football;

Deion is not a good coach. It’s obvious JSU won on a disparity of talent. There was no scheme, & in back to back HBCU Nat’l Title Games, there was zero adjustments made where it came down to coaching.

I’m not a hater at all, & I’ve always said Deion, along w/ Brooks r two FSU guys who I wished were Canes, but I don’t foresee him doing well at CU. Forget the level of competition, it’s the level of athletes + coaching that’ll do him in. He won’t have that talent advantage he was able to get away w/.

Imma keep it a buck; I’ve watched some HBCU games for the past 4 yrs & it’s a mess. U think ACC or PAC-12 officiating is bad, tune in to a HBCU game. U think a fun day MAC game is bad, tune in to a HBCU game. Imo, it’s an indictment on Deion to lose in back to back Nat’l title games w/ a starting line up filled w/ D1 transfers & recruits, & it came down to coaching.
This.

Well……yeah, but I think it goes deeper than that;

Deion is about himself. I felt his whole time at JSU felt insincere & scripted. Well, now I know why as there will be a 4-part docu-series about Deion & his time at JSU coming to a streaming service near u.

OK, cool; he parlays that exhibition to a P5 job. The first thing he did was create “Coach Prime” merchandise for his wallet. The problem w/ Deion is he’s trying to be too cool & charismatic to promote himself & his brand. Right now, it’s fun & captivating, but he’ll soon find out if he thought the local HBCU media was harsh, if he fails at CU…Lord help his soul. It won’t matter though, b/c he’ll have lined his pockets nicely by then.

Very true. As you said, he’ll get a first year bump, and the team was so bad he’ll only need modest improvement to show progress… by which time USC and UCLA will be out of the PAC-12…

I’ll save the antics about using a down PAC-12….

I hope he fails.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve watched JSU football;

Deion is not a good coach. It’s obvious JSU won on a disparity of talent. There was no scheme, & in back to back HBCU Nat’l Title Games, there was zero adjustments made where it came down to coaching.

This!

I checked in on a couple games, mostly to see what Travis Hunter was doing, and I wasn't really impressed at all. JSU was running everything every other team does. JSU simply out-talented teams.

The Sean Lewis hire was impressive tho.

They’ll have too many holes to fill entirely thru the portal but I guess they’ll test that theory to the max next year. If they have injuries to a handful of key contributors they’re screwed.
You know what the last thing is in their minds that is very possible? A regression of Jordan Travis. He had an amazing year but how much better can he truly be? With more tape on him I’m sure defenses will figure a few things out.

Advertisement
Are the Canes really still looking for a portal tight end? We're gonna have six on the roster next fall. How many is typical?

Advertisement
Norvell knows with an elite DL and his O he can win a lot of games. Credit to him for it.

I fully expect them to win the Atlantic next year and they might be the favorite to win the ACC, as much as it hurts to say that. Clemson breaking in a new QB and replacing pretty much their entire front 7, I think they will beat them up there and their offense will be even better than it was this year (more weapons). The defense ended the year strong and IF Verse returns, it could be a top 15-20 unit next year. This will be the best team Norvell ever has up there so I understand them going all in on the portal and player retention.

Advertisement
Back