Transfer Portal watch

Don't mean to detail the thread, but this is chaos. With only a 40% placement rate over 3 years, there are thousands of portal kids who are 1) not playing football now, and 2) possibly not even in college anymore.

While I enjoy the "all-star" aspect of building a roster, the dad in me thinks this is horrible for education/life.

Advertisement
Everyone is a mercenary now. It will possibly balance college football but as a lifelong fan I can’t say I personally like it. I agree kids should be able to transfer 1 time no restrictions but that’s it unless your head coach leaves or something like that
I don’t know if this would be legal so I will let others chime in if they want but one possible way to curb this is you only get one NIL in college.

If you decide to transfer and you already received an NIL, you can’t get another. Obviously there will always be bags.

It is such a ****show and I genuinely feel for these coaches. Season ends and you again have to either have great backchanneling to know who you are going to land OR you have to then eval another 1,000+ players at every level and sift through in a 45 day window all while closing out your current class and for teams not named Miami preparing for a bowl and spring workouts lol

This is a **** show bc the players have been used as free labor for 100 years and college admin still don’t want to pay them and let this happen, pay the players give them a cba we won’t have this problem but….

lol why are you putting words in my mouth? Up until today/Yesterday I haven’t said a thing about TVD’s leadership other than commenting on an article posted here where we found out he wasn’t even working out with the WRs in the spring. If it wasn’t a ****** culture then Mario wouldn’t be trying to completely flip the roster right now.

Mario can choose what he wants to do and I’ll be ok with it except if he tries to force Gattis on him. I‘ve already said I would’ve split and given Michael Pratt whatever he would’ve wanted. That’s been my opinion and will probably stay my opinion. Me commenting on other QBs isn’t going to change that.

So who do you want as starting qb next year? I want tvd. You want who?

Advertisement
It is such a ****show and I genuinely feel for these coaches. Season ends and you again have to either have great backchanneling to know who you are going to land OR you have to then eval another 1,000+ players at every level and sift through in a 45 day window all while closing out your current class and for teams not named Miami preparing for a bowl and spring workouts lol
Mario was playing 5-d underwater backgammon by missing a bowl this year so he can recruit the portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t know if this would be legal so I will let others chime in if they want but one possible way to curb this is you only get one NIL in college.

If you decide to transfer and you already received an NIL, you can’t get another. Obviously there will always be bags.
Not legal

Any commits yet

dave chappelle tyrone biggums GIF

Advertisement
Back