Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
It’s gonna be a **** show because even players that do well and play that are already at the biggest programs will portal out just for the NIL money so even when you have top players and are a top program you won’t be safe

It is such a ****show and I genuinely feel for these coaches. Season ends and you again have to either have great backchanneling to know who you are going to land OR you have to then eval another 1,000+ players at every level and sift through in a 45 day window all while closing out your current class and for teams not named Miami preparing for a bowl and spring workouts lol

It’s gonna be a **** show because even players that do well and play that are already at the biggest programs will portal out just for the NIL money so even when you have top players and are a top program you won’t be safe

Everyone is a mercenary now. It will possibly balance college football but as a lifelong fan I can’t say I personally like it. I agree kids should be able to transfer 1 time no restrictions but that’s it unless your head coach leaves or something like that

Advertisement
Everyone is a mercenary now. It will possibly balance college football but as a lifelong fan I can’t say I personally like it. I agree kids should be able to transfer 1 time no restrictions but that’s it unless your head coach leaves or something like that
This is going to be a hinderance on smaller schools. Dudes are going to go there, play their *** off, then offer themselves to the highest P5 bidder. The talent difference is going to get bigger and bigger.

This is all a train wreck. Hard to win as a program when you have constant roster turnover. Moving more and more towards the NFL model

We've seen this kinda of dynamic in CFB for decades, it's just been the coaches though. Most coaches even acknowledge that they probably won't be around to see the same kids they recruit, graduate.

Josh Pate of Late Kick suggested, eventually, you'll see conferences offer a stipend/allowance/profit share (whatever you want to call it) to make things a bit more financially stable for the players, hopefully leading to less portal declarations.

I think we'll see a large number of portal kids who overplayed their hand, and end up being unfortunate examples of how not to do this portal thing. I don't know why anyone to jump in, without securing a spot SOMEWHERE first.

Advertisement
Don’t have a dog in the fight but TVD doesn’t seem like a great leader. Def not this year. Maybe he was that frustrated but all that about him not being contact with players outside of X and not having their numbers. Again that was from article someone posted so idk how true it is

Okay back to portal watching

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back