Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
He’s already been mentioned. Alongside another familiar name

👍🏾
You probably already gave them back when he was coming out of HS, but thoughts on him? Just reading TAMU’s board, they aren’t necessarily sad to see him go. Some of that is probably sour grapes, so I’m genuinely curious. We obviously need more legs in the RB room and he has the size and straight line speed so I’m intrigued but want to hear your take as well. Is he a stiff?

I’m sure there will be a ton of guys enter so I just want us to get the right one.

👍🏾
You probably already gave them back when he was coming out of HS, but thoughts on him? Just reading TAMU’s board, they aren’t necessarily sad to see him go. Some of that is probably sour grapes, so I’m genuinely curious. We obviously need more legs in the RB room and he has the size and straight line speed so I’m intrigued but want to hear your take as well. Is he a stiff?

I’m sure there will be a ton of guys enter so I just want us to get the right one.
He was like the bizzaro perk in the cy fair district lol their game was almost the same on both sides of the ball except LJ is only at best 5’11. He and Perk were 1a and 1B as running backs and I think he’s a nfl player at running back. He has more wiggle than you would think. He kinda reminded me of ameer Abdullah

Advertisement
My worry is with all the people we are losing and we won't hit on all the names in the portal especially the big ones because of what we just put out there and most kids are transferring for a new opportunity and won't want to chance it we will be starting a ton of young kids next year with likely another rough year in front of us. Idk how he's going to do it but he's fighting up a mountain not a hill lol GL to Mario but sheesh

Advertisement
My worry is with all the people we are losing and we won't hit on all the names in the portal especially the big ones because of what we just put out there and most kids are transferring for a new opportunity and won't want to chance it we will be starting a ton of young kids next year with likely another rough year in front of us. Idk how he's going to do it but he's fighting up a mountain not a hill lol GL to Mario but sheesh
We have two things NIL and almost a guarantee start at most positions. Jackson came in the summer i believe and still worked himself to being one of the better defensive lineman. Will miss on some but hopefully we win a good amount of the battles.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We need better athletes and some upward trajectory at minimum next season; that can accomplished without 'hitting on all the names in the portal'. The '24 class and another round of portal acquisitions should have the roster looking the way it's supposed to look, talent-wise in Spring of '24. Culture-building, system implementation and S&C also takes time, but it all starts with having quality athletes that can win games on the field.

No one offseason or player will make or break us. It's just a matter of time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back