Transfer Portal watch

Gonna have to be a committee this year, I believe. Gattis put up a Top 15-20 offense last year with no WR having more than a little over 600 yards. The more I think about his offense, with Mario's overall philosophy, the makeup of the skill position players, and who we've targeted in the portal, the more and more I'm thinking this is going to be a lot more of a ground and pound, physical, run-first, shorten the game type team than we think.

If we didn't have such a potential stud under center, I'd be fully convinced. I really don't see how you can go into a season with a plan to neuter a kid who is getting Round 1 buzz, but I'm starting to think it might go that way.

We added a back in the portal who is physical and played in the SEC, we added another back in Citizen, we added Denis and Sagapolu to the offensive line, and we only added 1 portal WR who isn't exactly a burner, and 1 HS recruit at WR as well.

None of this should be earth-shattering, given who Mario is and what he's done, but I just don't see the personnel nor the staff to run any semblance of a high-flying offense. Michigan was in some blowouts last year so this does factor, but they ran the ball 575 times and threw it 395. Miami, for example, ran it 415 times and threw it 464 times.

Given the fact that they were unable to add any dynamic playmakers on the outside, just prepare yourselves to see a steady diet of 4 backs rotating through, a lot of them used in the passing game, and a ton of Mallory, Arroyo, and Skinner. It honestly wouldn't shock me to see Restrepo, Arroyo, and Mallory all in the top 5 in receptions this season. Michigan's 2nd leading WR last year in catches AND yards was a TE.
You should have been prepared for this the entire time

Advertisement
who is that GIF

Advertisement
Hmm..interesting. Not ranked. Has offers from VT, FSPoo, Tennessee, and Pitt..sprinkle in his other offers from the likes of Furman, Albany, Jax State, Stony Brook, Central Michigan, Maine, and New Hampshire…

Advertisement
Weird offer but he’s picked up alot of interest the last couple weeks from power five schools.
yeah looks like a reach... Maybe to provide competition? I dont see this guy beating out Romello, Smith/Ladson, and X

yeah looks like a reach... Maybe to provide competition? I dont see this guy beating out Romello, Smith/Ladson, and X
He’s freaking enormous. He seems pretty fluid with good enough speed for that size. I’m intrigued to see what’s up with his recruitment with those measurables and looking like a decent athlete. He at least brings something we lack , physicality and size. At the very least it’ll be nice to see the “ he’s a te bro” debates here. Since he’s above 6’3 200.

Advertisement
Gonna have to be a committee this year, I believe. Gattis put up a Top 15-20 offense last year with no WR having more than a little over 600 yards. The more I think about his offense, with Mario's overall philosophy, the makeup of the skill position players, and who we've targeted in the portal, the more and more I'm thinking this is going to be a lot more of a ground and pound, physical, run-first, shorten the game type team than we think.

If we didn't have such a potential stud under center, I'd be fully convinced. I really don't see how you can go into a season with a plan to neuter a kid who is getting Round 1 buzz, but I'm starting to think it might go that way.

We added a back in the portal who is physical and played in the SEC, we added another back in Citizen, we added Denis and Sagapolu to the offensive line, and we only added 1 portal WR who isn't exactly a burner, and 1 HS recruit at WR as well.

None of this should be earth-shattering, given who Mario is and what he's done, but I just don't see the personnel nor the staff to run any semblance of a high-flying offense. Michigan was in some blowouts last year so this does factor, but they ran the ball 575 times and threw it 395. Miami, for example, ran it 415 times and threw it 464 times.

Given the fact that they were unable to add any dynamic playmakers on the outside, just prepare yourselves to see a steady diet of 4 backs rotating through, a lot of them used in the passing game, and a ton of Mallory, Arroyo, and Skinner. It honestly wouldn't shock me to see Restrepo, Arroyo, and Mallory all in the top 5 in receptions this season. Michigan's 2nd leading WR last year in catches AND yards was a TE.
I’ve explained this 1,000 times & people still don’t understand it lol

Tracks the ball well, high points it, catches with his hands. His QB throws Frank costa moon balls and his highlights look like they are against Ransom Everglades, but I like the tape

Advertisement
Can ya’ll please stopping ****ing off LCE!! He’s seething mad right now!m and about to chop off heads!!
Not mad at all, in fact I’m not ever mad, if I were I would just stop posting altogether lol

Advertisement
Back